Warhammer 40k CTF. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Warhammer 40k CTF.

I invented Capture the flag for Warhammer 40k, this thread is devoted to developing the rules I have written here.

----
    Set up:
    ----

Both players get a base, these may be identical, but must be agreed upon, no unfair terrain advantage.
    Both players also get a flag marker, a flag place marker, and 6 Respawn markers (which should be marked 1-6), these may be postioned anywhere in your half of the board, the flag marker must be placed on top of the flag place marker, as this is an important point.

Your models all have to deploy within 3" of your flag marker, any that cannot go into reserves.
    There may be no infiltration or deep strike, reserves works in a special manner, which will be discussed later.

----
    Orginisation:
    ----

Low point games recommended.

You choose your force made up of individual models, instead of units.

Any restrictions are lifted (for example, you can take a conscript model without taking normal infantry models).

There are no vehicles or monstrous creatures, or models with multiple wounds allowed.

You may if you wish, take one sergeant model, who must take any upgrades allowed to them (veteran upgrades etc.), these models have 30 points armoury allowance, they may not take any upgrades which solely affect the squad, as there are no squads.

----
    Movement:
    ----

There is no squad coherancy.

Models can move in any way they are normally allowed, and none are allowed to move over scenery (so no jump packing over things, they merely gain you an extra 6" movement, for example).

Models with heavy weapons always move as if they are in difficult terrain, to represent the weight of the weapon.

----
    Weapons and equipment:
    ----

Models from a squad normally allowed special weapon choices may take one of those options per 5 models taken total.

Rapid fire weapons can be fired once at full range even if the model moved, and twice at full range if they didn't.

Blast weapons all use the large blast marker, and scatter 1D6" if the model misses the shot. (2D6 and pick the highest if fired while moving)

Weapons firing multiple shots can allocate any number of rounds to other models within 4" of the original target. (at least one needs to be aimed at the target)

Units that would normally use certain weapons in pairs use them individually instead.

No barrage weapons are allowed.

----
    Close combat:
    ----

When two models fight in close combat, they both roll a D6, if one model has higher Initiative then they roll an extra D6 and pick their highest result.
    If one of the models is in cover when charged, they roll an extra D6, unless the enemy has frag grenades.
    Tau photon flash grenades count you as in cover whenever you are charged, in addition to revoking the enemy's extra attack for charging.
    The player with the highest result strikes first, if both are even then they strike simltaniously.
    Note that all these rules are void for models with a heavy weapons, they use the rules below.

Models with heavy weapons fight at Initiative 1 and suffer -1 to their Weapon Skill, if they are assaulted while in cover, they fight with even Initiative to their opponent, unless the enemy has frag grenades.

On a wounding roll of a 6, unless you cannot wound on any other roll, the enemy gets no armour save.
    This is to represent hitting vulnerabilities in the opponent's armour.

----
    Reserves and respawning:
    ----

When a model dies, it is put in reserves.

A model in reserves comes back at the start of your turn on a D6 roll of 4+, when this happens, roll a D6, then place the model on the corresponding respawn marker.
    If there is already a model on that marker (friendly or otherwise), then reroll the die, if all the locations are occupied, then no more models may respawn this turn.

Models count as moving on the turn they enter.

Occupying your enemy's respawn markers can prohibit how many models he can return to play each turn, which is very important.
    If you occupy all the markers,
    then none of their models may respawn.
    If you manage to kill all their models while occupying all their respawn markers then you win outright, as they have no forces left to expend.

Models may not deep strike or enter from a board edge, they must enter on a respawn marker.

----
    Flag and objectives:
    ----

The goal of the CTF scenario is to get any model in base contact with the enemy's flag marker, that model is then holding the flag. If they come into contact with your flag marker (while it's back at your base) then you score, and the enemy's marker is returned.

While holding the flag, the model counts as in difficult terrain at all times, and may not charge or use fleet of foot moves. To engage an enemy in close combat they need to move into contact in the movement phase.

When the model holding the flag dies, they drop the flag where they are.

When the flag is on the ground away from it's flag place marker, it can be picked up by the enemy making contact, or returned to it's starting point by making contact with your own model.

If the model you have holding the flag touches your flag marker, while it is on top of your flag place marker, then you score, and the flag returns to it's start point.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

This sounds awesome. I'll try it out against my brother later

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

I'd try it but i have no friends

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little different than the CTF that the guys in my club play, in the respect that we only use one flag. I like that.

What would happen to necrons with their wbb? Will they still become knocked over?
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -47 (x0)

Err, I suppose they would, but after failing it they get the respawn roll.

+ Reply to Thread