Primarch datasheet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Primarch datasheet

I've always wanted to use a primarch in a game. And now i can with apocalypse. might be slightly unfair but hey. It's for fun. Anyway i was wondering about stats for them. I mean different primarchs will have diferent equipment and stats eg sanguinius-jump pack (wings), corax- jump pack, dorn chainsword etc. I know that sanguinius was beaten and beat a bloodthirster so i was thinking of basing the stats and points at around greater daemon level. i know there aren't any for the new chaos but there are forge world daemons and the old edition daemons. Also making specail rules such as 4+ invulnerable for sanguinius' foresight, or berserk charge (+2 attacks on charge) and furious charge for russ and maybe stupidly powerful psychic powers for magnus. Anyway any ideas, suggestions or criticisms are welcome.

qwertyblarg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Sanguinius was beaten by horus solely because he was too busy pleading with his lost brother to come back to the light that he didn't attack fully. He not only beat a Bloodthirsty (was it only one? I always thought there was more) he broke it's back over his knee and did it all without any bullets and had been fighting continuosly for ages before hand.
    As cool as it would be to see a Primarch in battle, they were never really designed to be used in game. There are background heroes who are just too powerfull to be used in game but play an important part in the history of both game systems - the elf Aenareon (I know i've spelled that wrong) for example. Him and his dragon buddy ripped apart 4 Greater Daemons at the same time and still lived (albeit briefly), Nagash spawned an entire race and brought Necromancy to the Old Word. The primarchs bought the galaxy to it's knees
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

You might want to look at the fan story "The Rise of the Tau" at BL Publishing forums: Rise Of The Tau. Long story, but great. And it has some good descriptions of the primarchs, such as one running along side a rhino...Remember, these are clones of the emporer himself, so they are pretty dang powerful. Basing it around Greater Demon level sounds good, though they are probably a bit better, if not much better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Exarch Thomo View Post
    Nagash spawned an entire race and brought Necromancy to the Old Word. The primarchs bought the galaxy to it's knees
    Just for the record, 4th ed fantasy had stats for Nagash, I have/had (it's in another state) the army book.

Also, the C'tan are just as ridiculous as a concept and fieldable model.

There's stuff on the forums about stat lines for a primarch. Personally, I'd give him a couple of special poweres, the stats of something like a C'tan, and maybe some wargear that would be appropriately nasty, and the ability to move fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x4)

I'm aware of the 4th ed rules for Nagash (and for the record it was a damned ugly model), perhaps sigmar would have been a better example. The point still stands though that in the modern game there are great heroes and villains that are meant solely for background.
    To get an accurate reflection all the stats would have to be maxed out and the rules would make them for all intents and purposes invincible.
    Yes the C'tan are star gods - but are they at the height of their power? Are the actually strong enough to challenge Chaos and it's greatest champions and if not prevail then bring them to a stalemate? Can they stand against the power of the Emperor?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like a good idea as long as youve got a resonalbe points cost to go with him.
    Be sure to post some pics when youve gotten into the design and build stages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

There was a thread a while back where people created rules and stats for each of the Primarchs.
    Use the search Function to find it.

As for Primarchs power levels (over 9,000!), wasn't there a story of Russ fighting a Titan or something along those lines?
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah eyah, the primarchs are incredibly powerful blokes, with the ability to decimate armies and break daemons.

perfect for apocalypse then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

We went into this subject with incredible detail some months ago. Do a search for "Primarches" or "Primarchs".
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread