Faithguard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Faithguard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Faithguard

I realized that the Ordo Hereticus doesn't have marines. Xenos and Malleus have Deathwatch and Grey Knights accordingly but Hereticus only have wimpy SOB ;Y So I introduce the Faithguard.
    The differences between these guys and Deathwatch are:

1.can include Sororitas from the following units: Battle Sisters, Seraphim (as long as rest of unit is on jump packs), Retributors and Dominion squads (don't know what those are exactly) at the standard costs of those units

2.if all space marines or kill teams adding only Seraphim, can equip with jump packs for +5pts each

3.can be given Razorback, Rhino, Land Raider, or Repressor (someone help me and give me occupational cap. for it?)(also if there are any other sisters transports tell me) as long as every one can fit inside.

4. instead of Kraken bolts you get Purifier bolts which have these stats: 20"| Strength: 6| AP: 3 |Rapid Fire, for the same cost as Kraken bolts

5. can trade captain for chaplain for free. chaplain has normal rules and has access to space marine armory

other than that they use the GW Deathwatch rules. If anyone would be so kind as to either test this our or help me with the sisters parts that would be amazing.

Last edited by Shadow Nugz; February 24th, 2008 at 23:13.
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Nugz View Post
    I realized that the Ordo Hereticus doesn't have marines. Xenos and Malleus have Deathwatch and Grey Knights accordingly but Hereticus only have wimpy SOB ;Y So I introduce the Faithguard.
    An interesting idea, but the reason why they only have Sisters of battle is because according to imperial law no man is allowed to take up arms for the church. It is a loophole that allows the SoB to exist and fight for the ordo hereticus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Yeah, as frozencore said the church is not allowed to have ment at arms, which they use a loophole to field SoB.
    Personally I think a better idea for a 'Faithguard' unit would be a single unit of Sisters in terminator armour or something like that.
    Here's what I came up with off the top of my head:

Faithguard. 35 pts each

WS BS S T W I A LD SV
    4 4 3 3 1 4 2 10 2+/5+

Unit size 3-10
    Special Rules: Deep Strike, Faithful, Holy Hatred
    Equipment: Terminator Armour, Storm Bolter, Power Weapon
    Options:
    Any model in the unit may replace their storm bolter with a combi-flamer for no extra cost or a combi-melta for +5 points each.
    Any model may replace their power weapon for a power fist for +10 points per model or a chainfist for +15 points per model.
    Any model may replace their Storm Bolter and Power weapon for a Storm Shield and Power Weapon at no extra cost, or a Storm Shield and Thunder Hammer at +5 pts per model.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might just ignore that rule I am already painting my guys and they are already half painted. Thanks anyway. Any other suggestions as to where I could use them?
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x4)

You could always just use them as allied space marines or grey knights in game. Other than that you could make some fluff up that they are a chapter that has a particular association with a particular inquisitor or faction that they send their most experienced battle brothers along when needed.
    But fluffwise, there are no "men" who fight for the church - it is pretty much an inviolate rule of 40k and has been since the start - so don't be surprised if people call you on it - at least the fluffy players.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

Just use them as regular marines. Use the Allies rule to attach Sisters or Inquisitors if desired.
    Just say they are a really devout chapter with close ties to the Ordo Hereticus or the church.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

+ Reply to Thread