New IG unit, goes with Tortoise Amphibious Transport - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New IG unit, goes with Tortoise Amphibious Transport

Imperial Amphibious Marine Corps: 11 points per model

Ws Bs S T W I Ld Sv
    Marine 4 3 3 3 1 3 8 5+

Unit Size: 4-9 marines, with 1 sergeant

Weapons: lascarbine, frag and krak grenades

Options: Up to three models replace their carbines with flamers for +6 points, grenade launchers for +8, suspended heavy stubbers for +15, or heavy autoguns for +5. The sergeant may take a demo charge for +20 points.

May upgrade sergeant to a Veteran Sergeant for +6 points. The Sergent gets +1 A and may select up to 25 points of equipment from the Imperial Guard armoury.

Transport: The squad must select a Tortoise Amphibious Transport for +105 points or a Chimera for +75 points.

Special Skills: Specially trained for amphibious assaults, these troops hit the ground hard. They are equiped with lascarbines, a smaller, lighter version of the lasgun, and 20" micro-filament edged bayonets. Marines have the Furious Charge special rule.

Lascarbine: R 18", S 3, AP -, Assault 2

Suspended Heavy Stubber: R 18", S 4, AP 6, Assault 3

Heavy Autogun: R 24", S 4, AP 5, Assault 1

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-tortoise.html (IG Amphibious Transport "Tortoise")

Last edited by shammus_the_scout; April 8th, 2008 at 00:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

nice dude! I love the way you add stuff to build around the Tortoise. I think they should cost more like 13 points, b/c of the Furious Charge and Fearless on the charge. Also, you should make them a Fast Attack Choice (at least i think so)
    "What is Mercy? Does it taste Nice?" Hive Tyrant on Reth V

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with making them 13 points each is that with S3 guns with a range of 18", and only a 5+ save to protect them, they'll get tron to pieces before they get to the enemy. The Tortoise makes them a bit tougher, but a unit with a couple of lascannons could pop it open in a turn. Maybe drop the Fearless, make the transport mandatory, and make them 11 points a model?

Also, what do you think of the special weapons?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Nie idea, I would agree with dumping the fearless and the mandatory transport though. I'd also get rid of the long-las option as it's at odds with the assault-y fluff.

I'd also be cautious about the WS 4... I'd be more comfortable with the idea if they were BS 4, WS 3 (unless the army has the hardened fighers doctrine of course).

May also be tempted to shorten the range of the lascarbine to 12" to compensate for the fact they are assault weapons.

Of course if you did both of those it may merit a drop in points, but then again that's no bad thing... they are guard after all...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Long-Las is Assault 1, I don't know where you're getting at with that.

If I drop the lascarbine's range down to 12", it becomes a shotgun. I could make it AP 5 or S 4 instead of R 18"...

These guys are supposed to really be close combat troops. They can hose a position down with gunfire, but they really kill stuff in assault. That's why they have WS 4. It's also to differentiate them from hardened Vets or Stormtroopers.

Hmm, drop Fearless, make the transport mandatory, and maybe drop them to WS 3. Hmmm, 10 points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

10 points is fine with the changes. Howevre, do not drop the WS 4, just make it 11 points. And the Transport should be mandatory. And how about if they are suppoed to be CC give them CC weaps?

"Kill-kill! Death to the Enemies of the Horned Rat!" Warlord Bweekq at the Battle of Hrad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't want to give them CCWs, I thought they would be too powerful. 3 S4 attacks on the charge, plus laspistol and demo charge causulties. It would be too good for Imperial Guard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

ooh kk,

i like the special weapons. What choice are they though? I think Fast Attack would be proper. Also, consider addding the Frag Grenade Upgrade for +2 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They come with frags.

I'm also feeling fast attack, maybe 0-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

yeah 0-1 b/c they are still pretty rare in fluff, since theyre relatively new

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast