Imperial Guard Command HQ Organization - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imperial Guard Command HQ Organization

Dear LO Community,

In support of Shammus the Scouts proposed Imperial Guard Platoon rules, I thought an alternate organization to the command HQ would be welcome. Any comments would be welcome.

Command HQ:
    Heroic Senior Officer: 70 pts (stats same as current codex)
    Senior Officer: 55 pts (stats same as current codex)
    Junior Officer (Platoon HQs only): 45 pts (stats same as current codex)
    4 Hardened Veterans (same as current codex): Officers cost include basic price of retinue

This squad could be upgraded to:

Stormtrooper command HQ: + 20pts
    Officer has caraprace armour and replaces las pistol and close combat weapon with a Hellpistol and Power Sword for free. He leads a sqad of four Stormtroopers with the same stats and equipment as in current IG codex.
    Any Stormtrooper can replace his hellgun with a special weapon (same price in current codex)
    Any Stormtrooper without a special weapon can be upgraded to a Master Vox Caster: 10pts
    One Stormtrooper can be upgraded to a Veteran Sergeant with access to armoury for: 6pts

Ogryn command HQ: +40pts
    Officer leads a squad of 4 Ogryns. Ogryns have same stats and equipment as in current
    codex.
    One Ogryn may be upgraded to a Bone-head who has access to Power Swords at 10pts and Power Fist at 25pts.

Rough Rider command HQ: +30pts
    Officer and hardened veterans are all mounted on steeds. In addition all come equipped with laspistol and close combat weapon.
    Each Rough Rider (Officer included) could carry a hunting lance: 3pts per model
    Any Rough Rider not carrying a hunting lance could be upgraded with special weapons (same price and options as in current codex).
    One ROugh Rider can be upgraded to a Veteran Sergeant with access to the armoury: +6 pts
    The whole unit gains hit-and-run, fleet of hoof, furious charge

Adeptus Mechanicus command HQ: +60pts
    Tech Priest + 4 Servitors: Techpriest and servitors have same stats as current codex
    Techpriest comes equipped with a Refractor field and a power weapon.
    Each servitors can be upgraded to:
    Gun servitor armed with: heavy bolter +15pts; multi-melta +25pts; plasma cannon +30pts; lascannon +40pts; missile launcher +25pts
    Each gun servitor could be equipped with gyro-suspensor for 5pts each: weapon range halves but becomes assault profile
    Any servitor not upgraded to a gun servitor may be upgraded to a combat servitor for 15pts each. Combat servitors come equipped with power fists and CCW

Transport:
    Any command squad not mounted on steeds or deep striking may take a Chimera for 55pts or a Salamander Command Vehicle for 65pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x4)

LOL, I like the ideas. I would love to have a rough rider HQ, if for nothing else just for the LOL''s.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

All seem a good idea to me, bar the ogryn one, seems out of place to me, maby allow an upgrade of one man to an orgyn boy guard, who has the options of the bone ed?
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ogryn with a power weapon eh? Just what the guard were lacking actually, I like it! Might want to charge a few more points for it mind, he'll be doing all the killing in CC and be untargetable until the other 3 ogryns (9-wounds!) have gone!

Also, the stormtrooper one, the way you've written it indicates that a v.sarge can have a plasma gun. master crafted plasma in a BS4 models hands is a little cruel! Also with the gun-servitors, probably best if you limit the weapons to those normally found on gun-servitors, i.e. not the lascannon or missile launcher. Just to keep in line with other armies stuff.

But looks like a lot of fun! Can we have a ratling command group too? for the lulz?
    If I've replied, i've probably used Italics...

www.goodbyeboltgun.blogspot.com - Some of my stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear BrotherAzriel,

The Ogryn bodyguard was inspired from the Black Library novel "Dark Apostle" where the Brigadier General of the Elysian Drop Troopers had an Ogryn Bone head who successfully creamed two possessed space marines (with bare hands...no weapons) before being done in by Burias-Drakshal.

I should have written the options more clearly for the veteran Storm Trooper Sergeant and did not have in mind equipping any NCO with a special weapon.

On another note, how would the rest of the community think about a command tank being an HQ choice (no retinues) for a armoured cavalry unit?
    150pts for a BS4 Leman Russ with Improved Comms and Vox Caster (at Ld 9)? Add x number of points to upgrade to another tank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for the Armoured Cav (does this mean tankers or mechies?), there is already the Salamander Command, and the Armoured Company lists (see IE V: Siege of Vraks for the latest) give decent rules for command tanks. I would suggest looking there for ideas.

I like this idea, in general. I'd change the Ogryn bodyguard to adding a single Ogryn (as BrotherAzriel suggests), and banning them from taking power weapons, but otherwise no particular issues.

The Techpriest HQ I love, as it makes Tech Guard regiments possible, but I find it unlikely that a Techpriest commander would be accompanied by servitors - more likely Skitarii (Guardsmen with bionics, 9 pts each say) or junior techpriests. After all, he's now a commander, not a glorified mechanic!
    If it ain't broke, it might need fixing.

The difficult we do immediately. The impossible may take a little longer.
    US Army Corps of Engineers

Member of Advanced 40K development team (self-appointed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, they all look really good. Although I agree with Borther Azriel, four Ogryns might get a little bit excessive.
    I really like the Rough Rider command. Now to write rules for a Polish WWI Cavalry regiment...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, thanks for the comments IG fans!

Kabanov, unfortunately I do not have the Imperial Armour books. The inspiration for the command tank came from the Armoured Company List released in 2006.

With regards to the Ogryn, I figured the only way he/she would be able to handle a power weapon is to be in base to base contact with the Senior Officer or a Commissar who would be "nice" enough to switch on the power weapon activation rune during the IG assault phase. Such a weapon would probably cost 20pts (power sword) or 40pts (power fist) because of the lethality of an Ogryn with this set up.

If the Officer or Commissar is killed before the assault phase, then the Ogryn loses the benefit of the power weapon. However, if they do survive, we will have a Str10 power weapon to threaten Wraithlords and Ctans!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I like it. I think it should be a case of your option affects the troop choices available to you. For example if you take Rough Riders HQ you can have up to 3 Rough Riders troop choices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, good idea. How about horse artillery? Y'know, horse-mounted troops with mortars that can redeploy rapidly, maybe with anit-MEQ plasma mortar rounds...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast