necron codex 5th ed. patch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

necron codex 5th ed. patch

following the complete failure of Necrons in 5th edition and GW to do anything till next yearish, i've decided to make my own rules for the necron codex. This is just fixing what GW broke, and not deliberately increasing their power. I may start adding in new units as i go mad with power later on, but for now, it's a patch.

The necron special rules page remains the same, as do the special necron notes, and the armoury and weapon profiles.

Guass:
    on a 6 to wound/penetrate armour: auto wound/glance, ignore armour, +1 damage tables

Disruption feilds: as before, + 1 on damage tables. +1 point cost in all places.

Wraiths:
    rending
    45 points

Warriors:
    slow and purposeful
    20 points

Immortals:
    slow and purposeful
    same points

Destroyers:
    Twinlinked weapons
    60points

Heavy destroyers:
    twinlinked weapons
    70 points

Monolith:
    240 points

This pretty much remains balanced, in my opinion, slightly more expensive, about as good as before. Some things have been improved, but they're also more expensive. I recommend all necrons players at least try it out.

Soon to come: a lord worth it's points...

Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I think the monolith needs to be more expensive cause its that much harder thanks to the new rules. I'd go about 275.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Looks about right, though surely Imms should get a slight redux in pts through having reduced movement?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Guass:
    on a 6 to wound/penetrate armour: auto wound/glance, ignore armour, +1 damage tables
    Over powered. Why should they get extra on the damage tables? Keep the same.

Disruption feilds: as before, + 1 on damage tables. +1 point cost in all places.
    As above. Over powered.

Wraiths:
    rending
    45 points
    Reduce strength or remove rending. Your best point of reference is a ravener which costs 40points. Note the different movement style, and healthy armour of the Wraith.
    Probably best to leave alone rather than this.

Warriors:
    slow and purposeful
    20 points
    I'd keep them at their normal cost.

Immortals:
    slow and purposeful
    same points
    Good.

Destroyers:
    Twinlinked weapons
    60points
    ... Fair points buff... but I'd rather keep them as they are without TL.

Heavy destroyers:
    twinlinked weapons
    70 points
    I think they should be twinlinked at the standard cost. They're already horribly overpriced.

Monolith:
    240 points
    Why have you increased the price of the monolith?
    Point of reference: indestructable Falcon which cost no where near the amount the monolith did.
    Keep the cost the same for the mono.
    Last edited by Karmoon; July 15th, 2008 at 13:00.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Mono is an armour value 14 monstrosity, which the most powerful "bunker buster" - the lascannon, will still only glance on 5s. It also acts as a nexus for teleporting Cron troops, and unlike the falcon, is a Skimmer that doesn't get destroyed if it's immobilised. I'd say that it is about equal to the only other AV14 all-round tank in the game, the LR, at the very least, especially now it can also ram...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

*sigh*... why does everyone insist on quoting stats at me >_<;;

I'm fully aware of how critical a monolith is to necrons, and the role it plays for necron forces as a whole, it's a lot deeper than it's weapons and armaments, and for this reason entirely it should not be raised in price.

If you know what you're doing the monolith can be destroyed pretty easily. UNLIKE a Falcon.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Karmoon, the guass is the whole point i'm trying to fix. With the +1 on the damage tables on a 6, it remains as effective as before against armour. To counter this, almost everything with guass has been made more expensive, or nerfed (immortals). This way, while individual guass shots are as effective as previously, you get less of them, so tanks are still harder to destroy than in fourth ed. I've also put the rending equivalent so they don't become too anti-tank focused.

As for wraiths, i've a lot of people wishing for that, and decided it fit better with the general "rending army" style. four points for rending on a S6 model isn't particulary great.

As for the monolith, my justification for not making cost more is that it may be tougher, but all other vehicles are too. My justification for it being more expensive is rending guass.

Ddespite 5th ed. Not giving heavy guass cannons guass, in this they are.

Oh, and leaving warriors at their normal cost with rending and SaP would cause cries of cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

i think you should make the monolith the same points cost as the landraider as they both have about the same effectiveness while one is alrounder and the other is close ranged. you should also do something about the pariahs like give them an invuln since they're way too fragile and expensive.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

And entire army with rending that auto-glances with a +1 modifier is pretty brutal (and overpowered IMHO). I would remove the whole ignoring saves bit.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
    And entire army with rending that auto-glances with a +1 modifier is pretty brutal (and overpowered IMHO). I would remove the whole ignoring saves bit.
    I'm not sure about that, i think it makes the army too anti-anti tank focused without rending, and i'd need to redo the point costs for some stuff. Who thinks guass should lose the rending equivalent?

+ Reply to Thread