Codex: Incubi - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Codex: Incubi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x4)

Codex: Incubi

A project I have been working on for a while (along with some former memebers of this istes DE forum) is Codex: Incubi. It had been sat by the wayside for soemtime now, but a few weeks ago I picked it up again. Here for your perusal is the rules. I'm leaving hte fluff out for now, will put that in the fluff section and link each thread to the other, but I don't have time for that right now so, rules.

HQ

Incubi Sect Masters

Grand Master 70 Points
    WS: 7, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W: 3, I: 7, A: 3, Sv: 3+, Ld: 10

Temple Master 50 Points
    WS: 6, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W: 2, I: 6, A: 2, Sv: 3+, Ld: 9

Options
    A Grand Master may take up to 4 Styles from the Combat Styles list.
    A Temple Master may take up to 3 Styles from the Combat Styles list.

A Sect Master may be given the following at the points listed. He may be equipped with no more than two one handed weapons or a one handed weapon and a two handed weapon:
    Punisher 20 Points
    Lacerator 10 Points
    Tormentor Helm 5 Points
    Shadow Field (1 per army) 25 Points
    Shade Field 5 Points
    Animus Vitae 10 Points

Retinue: A Sect Master may take a squad of incubi as selected from the Elites section as a Retinue.

Master Duelist

Master Duelist 60 Points
    WS: 7, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W:2, I: 7, A: 4, Sv: 4+/5++, Ld: 10

A master Duelist may not join other squads.

Options
    A Master Duelist may take up to 2 Styles from the Combat Styles list.

A Master Duelist may be given the following at the points listed. He may be equipped with no more than two one handed weapons or a one handed weapon and a two handed weapon:
    Impaler 15 Points
    Blaster Pistol 10 Points
    Pair of Impalers 25 Points
    Shadow Field (1 per army) 25 Points
    Scourge Wings 15 Points

Troops

Supplicants

Supplicant 8 Points
    Same as a Dark Eldar Warrior (Copyrighted)

Initiate +6 Points

Squad
    A squad is made up of 5-20 Supplicants armed with Splinter Rifles.

Options
    One Supplicant may be upgraded to an Initiate for +6 points. The Initiate is armed with a Lacerator and a Tormentor Helm.

Up to 4 Supplicants may replace their Splinter Rifles with Lacerators for +1 points each.

Up to 2 Supplicants may be given Blasters for +5 points each.

Up to 2 Supplicants may be given Splinter Cannons at +15 points each.

If under 10 models the squad may be mounted in a Raider for +55 points.

Initiates

Initiate 16 Points

Incubi 25 Points
    Same as a Dark Eldar Incubi (Copyrighted)

Squad
    A squad is made up of 1 Incubi armed with a Punisher and Tormentor Helm and 4-9 Initiates armed with Lacerators and Tormentor Helms.

Options
    Up to 2 Initiates may replace their Lacerators with Punishers for +10 points each.

Up to 2 Initiates may be given Blasters for +5 points each.

The squad may be mounted in a Raider for +55 points.

Elites

Incubi

Incubi 25 Points
    Same as a Dark Eldar Incubi (Copyrighted)

Incubi Master +15 Points
    Same as a Dark Eldar Incubi Master (Copyrighted)

Squad
    A squad is made up of 5-10 Incubi armed with Punishers and Tormentor Helms.

Options
    One Incubi may be upgraded to an Master for +15 points. The Master may take one Style from the Combat Styles list

Up to 2 Incubi may replace their Punishers with Blasters for free.

Blademasters

Blademasters 30 Points
    WS: 5, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W: 1, I: 6, A: 2, Sv: 4+/5++, Ld: 9

Duelist +20 Points
    WS: 6, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W: 1, I: 6, A: 3, Sv: 4+/5++, Ld: 9

Squad
    A squad is made up of 1-5 Blademasters Armed with Lacerators and Shade Fields.

Options
    Any number of Blademasters may be upgraded to Duellists for +20 points each.

Any number of Duelists may replace their Lacerators with an Impaler and Blaster Pistol for +15 points each or a pair of Impalers for +20 points each.

Any number of Blademasters may upgrade their Lacerators to Punishers for +5 points each.

All Duelists may take one Style from the Combat Styles list.

Fast Attack

Imps

Imp 20 Points
    WS: 4, BS: 5, S: 3, T: 3, W: 1, I: 5, A: 1, Sv: 4+, Ld: 8

Imp Master +10 Points
    WS: 4, BS: 6, S: 3, T: 3, W: 1, I: 5, A: 1, Sv: 4+, Ld: 8

Squad
    A squad is made up of 3-10 Imps armed with Blaster Pistols, Dark Rifles and Scourge Wings.

Options
    One Imp may be upgraded to a Master for +10 points. The master may replace his Dark Rifle with a Blaster at a cost of +10 points.

Any number of Imps may replace their Dark Rifles with Power Weapons for +5 points each.

Heavy Support

Shades

Shade 25 Points
    WS: 4, BS: 5, S: 3, T: 3, W: 1, I: 5, A: 1, Sv: 5++, Ld: 8

Master +15 Points
    WS: 4, BS: 5, S: 3, T: 3, W: 1, I: 5, A: 1, Sv: 5++, Ld: 8

Squad
    A squad is made up of 3-10 Shades armed with Dark Rifles, Shade Fields and Shade Wings.

Options
    One Shade may be upgraded to a Master forof +15 points, he may be given a Disintegrator for +15 points.

Up to 4 Shades may be given Dark Lances for +15 points each.

Ravager

See Codex: Dark Eldar

New Weapons

Close Combat Weapons

Lacerator: 2 Handed weapon +1 Strength
    Impaler: +1 WS, +1 Initiative, Power Weapon
    Pair of Impalers: +2 WS, +1 Initiative, +1 Attack (2 close combat weapons), Power Weapon

Ranged Weapons

Dark Rifle: Range 24, Str 4, AP 4, Rapid Fire
    Blaster Pistol, Range 12, Str 6, AP 2, Pistol, Treats AVs>12 as 12

New Wargear

Shadefield: Grants a 5++ save
    Shade Wings: Act as Jet Packs

Combat Styles

Any number of combat styles that a character knows may be used in any round of combat by a character that has purchased them. Each combat style has a basic form and an advanced form, they count as two seperate styles and must be purchased seperately, however the advanced from may not be purchased until the basic form has been.

Steel Devil Style
    Basic (15 pts): +2 Initiative, -1 Str, +D3 attacks
    Advanced (20 pts): +1 Initiative, +1 Str

Demons Slash Style
    Basic (10 pts): -3 Initiative, +2 Str
    Advanced (10 pts): +1 Str

Shadow Style
    Basic (15 pts): Invulnerable saves taken against attacks by this model better than 4++ are taken at 4++.
    Advanced (5 pts): Invulnerable saves taken against attacks by this model better than 5++ are taken at 5++.

Invisible Net Style
    Basic (10 pts): Opponents attacking the character or in base contact with it take a -1 penalty to attacks (minimum 1)
    Advanced (5 pts): Additionally affected opponents take a -2 penalty to weapon skill (minimum 1)and a -1 penatly to Initative (minimum 1).

Black Bolt Style
    Basic (10 pts): The model may make a range 6 shooting attack in the shooting phase, damage from this attack is resolved as though it was a close combat hit from the model.
    Advanced (10 pts): The model may make D3 attacks as described int eh basic power.

Nightmare Style
    Basic (20 pts): If the mdoel causes a wound in close combat the target must take an initiative test a a -2 penalty, if they fail they are subject to instant death.
    Advanced (10 pts): If the model causes a wound in close combat to a model immune to instant death the target must take an initiative test a a -2 penalty, if they fail they take d6 extra wounds.

Last edited by karantalsis; August 14th, 2008 at 11:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

interesting, but you left out the Combat styles, and The Master Duelist has 23 Wounds!
    A bit many for a 60 point model!

I'm not sure if the weapons should incur bonuses to WS and Initiative though, seems a bit strange.
    The Masters already have very high WS and I and you could just upgrade the unit types with access to them to have those stats and weapons by default. Makes things a lot simpler.

I am looking forward to seeing the background, it is a bit hard to see how these guys will do on the field as is.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
    interesting, but you left out the Combat styles, and The Master Duelist has 23 Wounds!
    A bit many for a 60 point model!

I'm not sure if the weapons should incur bonuses to WS and Initiative though, seems a bit strange.
    The Masters already have very high WS and I and you could just upgrade the unit types with access to them to have those stats and weapons by default. Makes things a lot simpler.

I am looking forward to seeing the background, it is a bit hard to see how these guys will do on the field as is.
    The fluff behind the wweapons is that they are neurally linked to the wielder allowing them to activate and deactivate the power field at the exact moment they strike and making them hyper sensitive to tactile sensations through the balde, the +WS is from this sensitivity the +I is from having incredibly lightweight weapons and power packs, mainly because they don't need the cumbersome charge packs to keep them turned on as they are on only at the moment of impact, making them use much less power. They are also rather small attached to the back of the wirsts so the style of fighting is closer to hand to hand than sword fighting when using a pair (when I say rather small they are anywhere beteween 1 and 2 feet depending on the style). When using one handed style a longer blade grippe din the hand is typically used, although it essentially the same simply held differently.

I had to run to catch the bus thats why the styles were left out and the wounds was a typo . Fixed now.

Heres an example list I cooked up so that I can test it against someone as soon as I find an opponent genrous enough to let me fly this.

HQ

Master Duelist
    Pair of Impalers, Shadow Field, Scourge Wings
    Invisible Net Style (Advanced)
    140 Points

Troops

9 Supplicnats
    4 Lacerators
    2 Blasters
    2 Splinter Cannons
    Initiate
    Raider

9 Supplicnats
    3 Lacerators
    2 Blasters
    2 Splinter Cannons
    Initiate
    Raider

4 Initiates
    2 Punishers
    2 Blasters
    Incubi
    Raider
    174 Points

Elites

5 Incubi
    Master, Steel Devil Style
    Raider

Fast Attack

5 Imps
    Master, Blaster
    4 Power Weapons
    140 Points

Heavy Support

5 Shades
    4 Dark Lances
    Master

3 Shades
    Master, Disintegrator

Thats 14 Kps about average for a DE list
    9 lances for anti tank, again about average
    Only 50 infantry models and 5 vehicles, a bit below the norm, but the models are (generally) better armed or armoured than ordinary DE.
    13 Power weapons, a little above DE average for 1500, but not much so I think its looking reasonably balanced. We'll see.
    Last edited by karantalsis; August 8th, 2008 at 14:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

It is starting to look like a maths test with all those modifiers.
    Let me see.
    I take a Master Duelist, Yu gi oh! WS: 7, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W:2, I: 7, A: 4, Sv: 4+/5++, Ld: 10
    I give him a pair of Impalers (which I assume are still power weapons and in my mind are rapiers) This gives him WS: 9, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W:2, I: 8, A: 5, Sv: 4+/5++, Ld: 10
    I then give him wings to close in fast
    ad can give him 2 styles so I buy Demon Slash 2nd level for
    WS: 9, BS: 4, S: 6, T: 3, W:2, I: 5, A: 5, Sv: 4+/5++, Ld: 10
    can I buy him a blaster pistol too? It is hard to tell which options are allowed.

105 points and he has 6 Ws 9 S 6 I 5 power weapon attacks on the charge? and can fly 12".
    Can possibly fleet? you haven't mentioned if they can or not

This guy can go toe to toe with anything in the game and stand a reasonable chance, if you splash out and give him Shadow Field he has a 2+ invulnerable save too! for 130.

I'll take 2 of these before looking at anything else
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is in fact 145 points for this set up but you cannot take a blaster pistol you could take the tormentor helm though which would be a silly irrelevant shot.

Oh so powerful though against a squad of terminators i would love to see the result.

Assuming he charges he has 6 attacks
    4 of which would probably hit
    3/4 would would leaving
    3/4 saves of 5++
    So we are looking at one or two deaths a round.

The thing is though as soon as the terminator lands a hit on a 5+, wounds on a 2+, he is saving on 2++ once so it would be interesting verses a squad of 5 terminators and against assult terminators(storm shields and thunder hammers) he would be absolutely destroyed fortunatly though no one uses them.

Well the whole list sounds brilliant I shall try it some time.

Good adaptation of wyches splitting their talents between two useful units. Games workshop should take note for the new DE codex.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
    It is starting to look like a maths test with all those modifiers.
    Let me see.
    I take a Master Duelist, Yu gi oh! WS: 7, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W:2, I: 7, A: 4, Sv: 4+/5++, Ld: 10
    I give him a pair of Impalers (which I assume are still power weapons and in my mind are rapiers) This gives him WS: 9, BS: 4, S: 3, T: 3, W:2, I: 8, A: 5, Sv: 4+/5++, Ld: 10
    I then give him wings to close in fast
    ad can give him 2 styles so I buy Demon Slash 2nd level for
    can I buy him a blaster pistol too? It is hard to tell which options are allowed.

105 points and he has 6 Ws 9 S 6 I 5 power weapon attacks on the charge? and can fly 12".
    Can possibly fleet? you haven't mentioned if they can or not

This guy can go toe to toe with anything in the game and stand a reasonable chance, if you splash out and give him Shadow Field he has a 2+ invulnerable save too! for 130.

I'll take 2 of these before looking at anything else

Compare this with a normal DE Archon it is possible to give them

WS: 6, BS: 6, S: 6, T: 4, W:3, I: 7, A: 6, Sv: 5+/2++, Ld: 10

on the charge and rerolling misses and moving 12" in the movement phase for the price of 165 points

For a more similar pirced set up you can have

WS: 7, BS: 6, S: 6, T: 3, W:3, I: 7, A: 6, Sv: 5+/2++, Ld: 10

this has no 12" move in the movement phase, but can be mounted in a transport, can fleet and can still reroll misses, as well as being more flexible (due to drug choice) than a fixed "Style" incubi and costs 145 points. Which would you rather have?

I think what I'm trying to say is, yes, they are powerful HQs, but no more powerful than any other DE HQ and I've been using the Archon, not the Archite (who is much better for just +10 points) in my examples.

And yes, he can go toe to toe with anything in the game and thats as it should be he is a Master Duelist in the Incubi Temple. Now, I know I haven't posted the fluff yet, but just knowing his title, the fact hes an HQ choice and a littel about Incubi should give you an insight into how unspeakably hard that makes him. In addition he can't take a retinue so he can never be a "hidden powerfist".

As to fleet, no one gets it so I haven't mentioned it. The supplicants I considered it for, but as they are trying to show they can fight like Incubi I decided not to give em fleet.
    Last edited by karantalsis; August 11th, 2008 at 13:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Triphinius View Post
    It is in fact 145 points for this set up but you cannot take a blaster pistol you could take the tormentor helm though which would be a silly irrelevant shot.

Oh so powerful though against a squad of terminators i would love to see the result.

Assuming he charges he has 6 attacks
    4 of which would probably hit
    3/4 would would leaving
    3/4 saves of 5++
    So we are looking at one or two deaths a round.

The thing is though as soon as the terminator lands a hit on a 5+, wounds on a 2+, he is saving on 2++ once so it would be interesting verses a squad of 5 terminators and against assult terminators(storm shields and thunder hammers) he would be absolutely destroyed fortunatly though no one uses them.

Well the whole list sounds brilliant I shall try it some time.

Good adaptation of wyches splitting their talents between two useful units. Games workshop should take note for the new DE codex.
    145 is a lot less than the 240 points for 5 Termies.
    I could back him up with some blasters or something for the difference.

Against a tactical squad (approx the same price before upgrades) you hit 2/3 of the time so 4
    wound on 2 so 3-4 wounds.
    The 6 marines fight back, hitting 1/3 of the time so 2 times. 1 wound, and saved on 2+.
    Marines lost by 4 so they have to beat a 4 to stay in combat.
    Marines have Init 4, Master has Init 7, so you catch the marines and they must save 4 more wounds and are locked in combat. Not bad at all.
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Yep hes really good at killing marines, or other high priced troops in particular. The best way to kill him is massed firepower, cause if he gets in close combat that squad is probably gone.

Do you think he is too cheap? I built all the HQs using the current DE HQs as a point for comparrison and they all come ou taround the same points for the same power, or at least are supposed to. Do you think I have achieved this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Let me try with my good buddy abbadon vs your duelist master with: Shadow field, pair of impalers, shadow and advanced shadow style. that comes to 130 points.

Your guy goes first: Hits on 3s with 5 attacks. 4 hits. and 2 wounds. Abbadon needs 2 6+ saves. He actually makes one.
    Abbadon. he goes 6 attacks:
    i rolled 4 6s... he wounds 4 times and all were saved.
    abbadon takes his 2+ for failing the combat and passes

your guy attacks again. 4 hits again. 1 more wound. Failed.. abbadon has 2 wounds left
    abbadon. gets 7 attacks. 4 hit. 3 wounds. all 3 saved on 2+.
    Abbadon looses and passes his save.

your guy: 4 hits again. 1 wound this time. abbadon fails save. down to a single wound.
    abbadon gets 6 attacks. hits with 2, wounds with 1. your guy saves.
    abbadon makes his save for loosing.

your guy hits with 2 this time. He fails to wound.
    Abbadon gets 8 attacks. 3 hits. and 3 wounds. he finally wounds your guy coz your guy failed his save, and being strength 8 he insta kills him. Woot!!

lets try making it easier to kill abbadon by taking: Shadow field, pair of impalers, shadow and demon slash style.

abbadon goes first now! woot. 6 attacks. 3 hits. 2 wounds. both saved.
    your guy.. 5 wounds: 4 hits. 2 wounds which abbadon fails.
    abbadon looses and fails 1 of his saves. down to 1 wound

Abbadon attacks. he gets 10 attacks!! he hits with 5, wounds with 4. your guy is unlucky and rolls 2 ones. he is dead.

I dare not try the grand master vs abbadon. i have a feeling 150 points will chop down the big fella.
    i just figured that for abbadons cost i can get an 145 pt grand master and 5 incubi warriors as his retinue for 100pts. This squad abbadon hasnt got a cat in hell's chance and its still 30 points below his own points cost. Give him a terminator retinue of 4 for 120 points and he still is suffering.

thats a model with WS9, Bs4, s 5, t3, w3, I7, Ld 10, sv 2++ with a power weapon who makes any person he is in close combat with have to take an invunerable save at 5+ at best.
    for 145 points. and there is still room for more rediculous abilities/stat upgrades.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

116 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by mellr0 View Post
    Let me try with my good buddy abbadon vs your duelist master with: Shadow field, pair of impalers, shadow and advanced shadow style. that comes to 130 points.

Your guy goes first: Hits on 3s with 5 attacks. 4 hits. and 2 wounds. Abbadon needs 2 6+ saves. He actually makes one.
    Abbadon. he goes 6 attacks:
    i rolled 4 6s... he wounds 4 times and all were saved.
    abbadon takes his 2+ for failing the combat and passes

your guy attacks again. 4 hits again. 1 more wound. Failed.. abbadon has 2 wounds left
    abbadon. gets 7 attacks. 4 hit. 3 wounds. all 3 saved on 2+.
    Abbadon looses and passes his save.

your guy: 4 hits again. 1 wound this time. abbadon fails save. down to a single wound.
    abbadon gets 6 attacks. hits with 2, wounds with 1. your guy saves.
    abbadon makes his save for loosing.

your guy hits with 2 this time. He fails to wound.
    Abbadon gets 8 attacks. 3 hits. and 3 wounds. he finally wounds your guy coz your guy failed his save, and being strength 8 he insta kills him. Woot!!

lets try making it easier to kill abbadon by taking: Shadow field, pair of impalers, shadow and demon slash style.

abbadon goes first now! woot. 6 attacks. 3 hits. 2 wounds. both saved.
    your guy.. 5 wounds: 4 hits. 2 wounds which abbadon fails.
    abbadon looses and fails 1 of his saves. down to 1 wound

Abbadon attacks. he gets 10 attacks!! he hits with 5, wounds with 4. your guy is unlucky and rolls 2 ones. he is dead.

I dare not try the grand master vs abbadon. i have a feeling 150 points will chop down the big fella.
    i just figured that for abbadons cost i can get an 145 pt grand master and 5 incubi warriors as his retinue for 100pts. This squad abbadon hasnt got a cat in hell's chance and its still 30 points below his own points cost. Give him a terminator retinue of 4 for 120 points and he still is suffering.

thats a model with WS9, Bs4, s 5, t3, w3, I7, Ld 10, sv 2++ with a power weapon who makes any person he is in close combat with have to take an invunerable save at 5+ at best.
    for 145 points. and there is still room for more rediculous abilities/stat upgrades.
    Its true that facing him offa gainst abaddon will see abadon in trouble, but thats also true of a 150 point Archon. Remember as soon as the Shadowfield save is faield once you don't get it any more, so thats an important difference. The way to kill DE lords (including these ones) isn't to try and go toe to toe, generally that won't work, its to rapid fire them with a tac squad, one tac squads rapid firing for one turn is very likely to take the duellist out especially as he can't take a retinue. AS to terminators, well, Incubi always beat terminators its what they are for so thats not hte best comparrison try pairing these HQs against, say 30 Imperial Guard, you'll find they don't do so well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast