Codex: Tyranid Ultimate - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Codex: Tyranid Ultimate

Hi all I am currently in development of making a new Tyranid Codex which hopefully will show the true nature of the Tyranid race but also still balanced.

This Codex will include:
    -New Bio Morphs
    -New Bio Weapons
    -New Tyranids
    -Revised Stats and Rules
    -New Data Sheets
    -Return of the oldies
    -Cult army list

I'll gradually post the WiP rules along with designer notes and testing notes when there in some sort of sence. Any suggestions, alterations or anything i've missed or doesnt make sence please leave comments and suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

the general point of this section is so you post the rules that are WIP. lets us make comments on them. Telling us you are making them is nice...

and, for future reference... Codex: tyranid Ultimate? doesnt give out the image you want. as soon as i glanced at the title, i had the image of "for 20 points, carnifex has I6 and can get 2 ws for 20 points". try Codex: tyranid evolution or something that doesnt look like "moor uber biomorphs". i am not saying it will be, just that if you want comments, the first thing you must think about is your thread title.
    If anyone believes on telekinesis, raise my hand!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol thanks for the suggestion I couldnt think of a title and decided on this because hopefully when completed it should be the best set of tyranid rules possible.http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...post&p=1226156

on a side note about biomorphs
    i am planning of allowing each tyranid to have access fo every bio morph but with limits. the biomorphs will be split into categories depending on location (eg. head, body, arm, leg, tail) and each creature will have slots for each location.

example of some new biomorphs

Acid Blood: if a tyranid is slain any non tyranid model in base contact get automatical hit equal to the creatures strength armour saves allowed.

Hive Node: increases the broods LD to 10 if the LD is allready 10 then it gives them +1 hive power
    Last edited by apoclaydon; August 14th, 2008 at 06:02.

AKM
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

I don't mean to put anybody down, but isn't the tyranid codex powerful enough at the moment?

I'd suggest making rules for something that doesn't already exist. For example, Bell of Lost Souls has a genestealer cult codex. That's fine, as it's not covered by GW's current rules.
    "Politics is the womb in which war develops"
    Clausewitz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i didnt mean make them stronger still keep them balanced i ment make them more customisable and add the old stuff back like acid blood and genestealer cult the new and extra amount of biomorphs that the tryranids would be allowed to take would make them expensive but ideal for starters who can not afford many (also makes them more fluffy that they are very mutateable and keep mutating

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

The Hive node has already been done in the previous codex and so has acid blood. But I am not sure what this + 1 hive power is? I also think forum rules say no posting of rules, in print or not.

I would suggest that you try to apply rules to using some stuff that isn't currently in the rules. The hive node is a mutation you could take a look at those mutations and see if they can help you cook up a special character. I honestly thought Tyranid ultimate would be some sort of VDR rules for gargantuan creatures. But if you want your Tyranids to be more fluffy and have them mutate I think you can do this with the current rules.

Covert something to have a feature on it which has no effect in the game but makes it more interesting. For example I have Tyranids with bio-targeters grown onto thier weapons. The bio-targeters are just my way of doing enhanced senses but it looks like a new biomorph. Another is example is the Toxifex I created. It is meant to be a kind of extreme hazard bio-trooper and has toxic and poisonous biomorphs and weapons. Because I do this with many of my Tyranids I have loads of unusual types in my swarms which use weird stuff, but stuff that doesn't need new rules to be there.

I think you could try to have a go at using the rules in this way before creating new ones or revamping old ones such as the hive node. Though I have to note that the hive node is too powerful with synapse creature becoming stronger than before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While I agree that Tyranids should be second in customization next to Chaos, there is something you haven't realised. The "swarm" organisms are just that, they are the ultimate cannon fodder. They are mass produced, and bio-morphs take time, energy, thought, DNA and various other resources to produce. The Genestealers serve the purpose of the overwhelm through numbers/power that you are thinking of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol interesting to find this - i've written seperate rules for tyranids exactly for this purpose i didn't think they had enough mutability, to be honest. also i don't like how broodlords don't have fleet, so i gave it to him if he didn't have infiltrate (trade-off i guess). also i have new units added in called hybrids, who are just other races with access to tyranid biomorphs and though they're more powerful because of this, they are *not* cheap (party because i can't make many of them )
    this whole idea started with a space hulk rpg / kill team campaign that i'm running.
    apoclaydon, if you want any help making this feel free to email me or msn me - my address is sky.wolf@live.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid Stuff!!!

Hi, I've read there's someone interested in Tyranid Development! I use to play the 2° edition still but I've collected a lot aof material from the net and older codexes about Tyranids...so I post some of it with my reply! In attachment! Do what you want with it and feed back me!
    Attached Files

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Modelguyicmt View Post
    While I agree that Tyranids should be second in customization next to Chaos,.
    I have to say I strongly disagree with that. Tyranids are much more suited to cutomisation than Chaos. Chaos is about focusing on various gods ideas and reflecting them in the rules. Followers of Khorne being psychotic and getting better assault abilities is an example. Tyranids are about evolving to be whatever is needed. Evolving and being customised is at the core of what makes Tyranids appealing. Chaos is in to random mutation but this has no effect in game terms and is about general madness and the horror of what people have dedicated themselves to. Tyranid biomorphs are there for a good reason and have an effect in game terms.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast