Ferrus Manus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ferrus Manus

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Ferrus Manus

Since Fulgrim and Sanguiniss have been made recently I figured my favorite primarch should get some love (who couldn't love someone who drowned a C'tan god in magma with his bare hands?)

Although this representation of a primarch is based off of Angron from WD not from previous posts or the Horus rule of seven

WS.....BS.....S.....T......W......I........A.......LD........SV
    ...8.......5.....6......6......4.....6(5).....5.......10........2+/4+

Wargear

Forgebreaker: Counts as a Master crafted thunder hammer that strikes at I:5

Ferrus carries a master crafted pistol with the following profile:
    S:5 AP:2 Pistol

Ferrus has a hulking suit of finely crafted armor that incorporates a 2+ armor save and a 4+ invulnerable save.

Bare Hands: Ferrus Manus can choose to fight with his hands instead of his weapons. Able to carve and beat metal into any shape he wants, his hands ignore armor and he counts as being armed with two close combat weapons.

Special Rules:

Eternal Warrior; Fearless

Hands of the Forge: Ferrus can grasp the enemy's weapons with his own hands and turn it into a useless hulk of metal. If Ferrus chooses so, he may give up all his attacks in order to destroy any one close combat weapons his opponent carries. He does this in his normal initiative of 6 (so someone who strikes at initiative 7 would do so with his weapons and someone who struck at iniative 5 would do so without his weapons)

Primarch of the Iron Hands: Any Iron Hands on the table are fearless as long as Ferrus is alive. If he dies then all Iron Hands must immediately take a morale check or fall back towards Ferrus's body. Disheartened, all Iron Hands will be at -1 leadership for the remainder of the battle. If an objective is being played, Ferrus Manus's body will count as an objective.

Rites of Battle: Any Imperial unit may use Ferrus's leadership for morale and pinning tests.

Last edited by MadLarkin; July 6th, 2012 at 19:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

Now those rules are much more balanced and the picture of what a Primarch would probably be, - what is his pistol BTW - is it a plasma pistol?

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Thanks! I think a primarch should be incredibly powerful and able to kill any space marine with ease but should find an even or slightly hard match with things like the avatar and a C'tan or dreadnought and some of the monstrous creatures out there.

Its a pistol he made himself that uses shells. Besides that there isn't much description other than its incredibly ornate like all his weapons.

in Fulgrim it was describe Ferrus firing his large caliber pistol and obliterating traitors left and right. So it may only be AP3, but I though strength 5 seemed right.
    Last edited by MadLarkin; September 2nd, 2008 at 16:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A the moment he is less powerful than the things he should be on a par with they are basically equivilants to the avatar of khain as this is not the god itself just a fraction of it incarnate this is really the same for the c'tan they could destroy every thing on the field in one go if they wanted to but it is like DoW really with a lord taking on some of their power so he really should be fighting them remember sanguinus killed a deamon prince with his bare hands(he was slightly more skilled in CC according to fluff though).

The primarch of the Iron hands rule seems a bit silly give them the preffered enemy special rule against the enemy as they will desperatly want to avange the farther of their chapter. I like the weapons but I seriously think he needs a bit of a boost in the stats department though nt to much how many points are you planning cost him at?

+ Reply to Thread