Deathwatch Terminators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Deathwatch Terminators

Sometimes all the training and stealth in the world cannot protect you, it is times like these that the Tactical Dreadnought Armour is used by the warriors of the Deathwatch Chapter.

The following unit can be taken by any Imperial army. It takes up an HQ slot.

Deathwatch Terminators
    Unit: 1 Deathwatch Captain and between 2 and 9 DW Terminators
    Captain 5 5 4 4 2 5 4 10 2+/5++ 105
    Terminator 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 10 2+/5++ 50

Weapons:
    -All Members of the squad wear Terminator armour
    -All members of the unit must take one of the following options for free:
    Pair of Ligthning Claws, Pair of Powerfists, Powerfist and Storm Bolter, Power Weapon and Storm Bolter, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield, Pair of Thunder Hammers
    -Any member may replace their Storm Bolter for Combi-weapon for +5
    -Any Member may upgrade their Powerfist to Chainfist for +5
    -One member of the Squad may take a Cyclone Missile launcher for +20 points. This does not replace the users weapons
    -One member may take an Assault Cannon, this replaces one of his weapons for +30 points. May not be used with another Heavy Weapon
    -One Member may take a Heavy Flamer, this replaces one of his weapons for +5 points. May not be used with another Heavy Weapon
    -You may upgrade the Captrain to a Librarian for +40 points, he replaces his weapons with a Psychic Hood, Storm Bolter and Force Weapon
    He may select two Psychic powers from any Space Marine Codex, any power taken from a Codex that is not Codex Space Marines (Blood Angels, Dark Angels, etc) costs +15 points

-All Members equipped with a bolt weapon may purchase Sternguard Special ammo for +5 points each.
    -The whole unit can be given Preferred Enemy USR for +3 points per model, You must select a specific Xeno type before the game (Tau (including Kroot and Vespid), Eldar (including Dark Eldar), Orks, Necrons, Tyranids)

DeepStrike Veterans: DW Terminators always enter by Deepstrike, so used to teleporting are they, that you can reroll the scatter dice and distance dice when deepstriking. You may select what turn they enter from reserves, there is no need to roll. (You may not DS on turn 1)

Thoughts? Comments? They too cheap? too expensive? Overpowered? Under powered?

Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

I'm afraid these boys are far too expensive for what they bring.

The USR should come free at 50 pts each, then the flexibility of teh weapon choices makes them at least partially viable...

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

I'd also remove the option for dual Thunderhammers, they make the option for dual powerfists more-or-less redundant, and I think the image of a DW Termie taking a TMC apart with Powerfists is cooler than one smashing things with Thunderhammers.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

I agree with Kithre and Herby.
    Remove the twin thunder hammer option, make PE - One Race free.

I'd also make them fearless and allow the option to take two heavy weapons - they are the best of the best after all, and give the captain the option to take digital weapons or something, just to stand him apart. Maybe even a relic blade.

Your terminators only bonus over standard terminators the Deep Striking rule, which is negated by normal SM terminators being able to use teleport homers. Also, as they have to take a mandatory 100+ point squad leader you are looking at a very expensive unit which isn't that much better.
    Fearless + PE USR + extra heavy weapon = 50 points to me.
    I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

OK, thanks for the feedback, originally they were 40 points each.

You can have 3 heavy weapons if you like, but you can only have one of each.. I suppose I could swap that to any 2 models may take Heavy weapon from list.

I wanted to keep the duel fists and duel Hammers for Modeling reasons more than anything. It means that the squad can be more individual.
    If you prefer the idea of twin fists, then give them fists.
    Maybe make the twin hammers 5 points more expensive?

I don't want them fearless as it looks like ever unit in the game is Fearless except Tau and Guard at this stage. Morale should be a bigger part of the game, not a smaller one. ATSKNF is better anyway as it allows you to escape from sticky situations. Maybe I will give them Combat Tactics as well?

I suppose for 50, they should get USR for free

DW Termies MkII

The following unit can be taken by any Imperial army. It takes up an HQ slot.

Deathwatch Terminators
    Unit: 1 Deathwatch Captain and between 2 and 9 DW Terminators
    Captain 5 5 4 4 2 5 4 10 2+/5++ 105
    Terminator 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 10 2+/5++ 50

Weapons:
    -All Members of the squad wear Terminator armour
    -All members of the unit must take one of the following options for free:
    Pair of Ligthning Claws, Pair of Powerfists, Powerfist and Storm Bolter, Power Weapon and Storm Bolter, Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield,
    -Any member may replace their Pair of Powerfists with a Pair of Thunder Hammers for +5
    -Any member may replace their Storm Bolter for Combi-weapon for +5
    -Any Member may upgrade their Powerfist to Chainfist for +5
    -Any 2 members of the Squad may take a Cyclone Missile launcher for +20 points. This does not replace the users weapons, an Assault Cannon, this replaces one of his weapons for +30 points, a Heavy Flamer, this replaces one of his weapons for +5 points. No member may have more than one Heavy Weapon.
    -You may upgrade the Captrain to a Librarian for +40 points, he replaces his weapons with a Psychic Hood, Storm Bolter and Force Weapon
    He may select two Psychic powers from any Space Marine Codex, any power taken from a Codex that is not Codex Space Marines (Blood Angels, Dark Angels, etc) costs +15 points

-All Members equipped with a bolt weapon may use Sternguard Special ammo.
    -The whole unit has the Preferred Enemy USR. You must select a specific Xeno type before the game (Tau (including Kroot and Vespid), Eldar (including Dark Eldar), Orks, Necrons, Tyranids)

DeepStrike Veterans: DW Terminators always enter by Deepstrike, so used to teleporting are they, that you can reroll the scatter dice and distance dice when deepstriking. You may select what turn they enter from reserves, there is no need to roll. (You may not DS on turn 1)

And They Shall Know no Fear, Combat Tactics
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

Yes that looks better. Combat tactics and ATSKnF is a good compromise, I actually thought about it and Fearless simply does nto make sense for a "special ops" unit.

Perhaps allowing them additional ruls such as never counting as outnumbered would be an idea? After all thes eboys are probably the best alien fighters in the galaxy, and a we all know that the Xenos only ever engages the mightiest of the Emperor's servants in a dishonourable fashion, with screaming hordes of savages.

Finally, why not allow access to "Xeno" weapons if you have a radical Inquisitor in teh army?
    e.g. one member may be equipped with a Xenos heavy weapon - Bright lance/Dark lance, Splinter cannon, fusion cannon etc etc for +40 points....using the weapons of teh enemy against them is nothing if not ironic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a further guide have you looked at the Tempus Fugitives Forum? They have Deathwatch Terminator Squads (and other units as well) that may be of some assistance to you.

I'm not suggesting you actually need assistance, just saying that there is some work already done of the subject.

I have 3K of Deathwatch that I use all the time within my gaming group and it kicks a$$, and I use my Terminator Squads as a 'count-as' Death Wing as well so I actually get a lot of legal use out of them.

+ Reply to Thread