Black Dragon Rules! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The current Black Dragon rules basically give them rending claws, that is on a roll of a 6 to hit automatically wounds and punches armor. How does this makes any semblance of sense? Extra weapons that you can use in addition to your normal weapons should give you extra _________. If you said attacks, you are correct!

So what I do is use the Minotaurs rules. But I believe it should be tweaked a little and made official.

I'm not sure about points. 10 sounds reasonable, but think of it this way. In your assaults squad, for 30 points you could add 3 more attacks, or you can add another member for 25 points. Thats 3 more attacks (on a charge), one more pistol shot, and an additional wound.

Plus, I spent way too much time converting beautiful Black Dragons assault terminators. They're completely pointless with the current rules, as they can already reroll wounds and punch armor with their lightning claws.

Suggestions? Intelligent comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x4)

Actually, the Marines who sport claws are uniformly dumped into Assault Squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. So, the Minotaurs rule doesn't work because it affects all the marines, not just those with ossific blades. I'd suggest then a 10 point extra attack to be given to any unit that you want. Black Dragons are really spiffy and there needs to be an incentive to play such a cool army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

their rules should be improved cause they lack a lot of good stuff compared to the normal chapers, though they rock

Closed Thread