Imperial Guard Special Character - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

Imperial Guard Special Character

I've been toying with the idea of this special character for my guard army, and I figured I'd put it on here to see what you guys think. Before you say anything, I know, Colonel-Commissars are supposed to be rare yada yada yada. I'll think of something fluffy for why he was given the dual rank. I'm more interested in seeing what you guys think of the rules. Things like the ancient blade will be given fluffier names when I'm feeling more creative. This guy's a lot like Gaunt statwise and a little bit like him rulewise, but oh well. Things like his "Hold the Line" special rule are kinda powerful, but I think they're offset by the fact that you can't take tanks (or other commissars, but who really uses them?). Anyway, without further ado...

Points Type WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
    90 HQ 5 4 3(4) 3 3 4 4 10 4+

Wargear:
    Ancient Blade, Plasma Pistol, Carapace Armor, Frag & Krak Grenades

SPECIAL RULES

Ancient Blade: The Ancient Blade is an ancient power sword that confers +1S to Colonel-Commissar Woods in close combat.

Hold the Line: Woods has the Iron Discipline doctrine and all units within 12” of him count as stubborn.

Fearless: Colonel-Commissar Woods is fearless and confers this ability to any unit he is attached to.

The 501st: The 501st Tarsonis Immortals is an infantry regiment that specializes in combat drops. An army that includes Colonel-Commissar Woods may not take any commissars (aside from Woods) or vehicles unless they either deep strike onto the battlefield or are transported in a Valkyrie. Units in the 501st may choose to deep strike even if the mission does not normally allow it.
    Commanding Officer: As the commanding officer of the 501st, Colonel-Commissar Woods must take a command squad of four guardsmen, the cost of which is included in Woods’ points value. The squad may take upgrades as per the rules listed on page 38-39 of Codex: Imperial Guard. Note that no other command squads may be taken to fill the required HQ slot. In addition, any Imperial Guard unit within 12” of Woods may use his Leadership when taking Morale and Leadership tests as long as he isn’t in close combat, falling back, or pinned.

Member of the Fluffmasters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

Nothing? Guess I'll assume he's just so awesome that everyone's at a loss for words.

I was thinking about using the rules and just making this guy a captain instead of a colonel-commissar, but that remains to be determined.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I'd make him cost 100pts and just put him down as a colonel as the colonel commissar thing is pretty much reserved for gaunt.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

I think his Ws is too High to be honest, Ws 5 is massive, thats better than a Veteran of the Vanguard or a Terminator Sgt, and if you think about it its on par with a Grey Knight, thats high for a simple human even if he may be a Col Commissar.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x3)

Really? All the Guard special characters have WS 5, didn't think it would be a problem? Especially now that things like Chaos Lords and Space Marine Captains have WS 6.

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

I think his WS is fine, is attacks are a little high at 4, I think it should be 3.

Also compared to Gaunt he has better equipment (plasma and carapace) better command rules and a command squad. While I think this is fine I think his points should be upped to about 120

Besides that looks pretty sound.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

+ Reply to Thread