Frag Grenades - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frag Grenades

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i was browsing 2003 chapter approved and it had a letter about making frag grenades a shooting attack, S3, AP5, range 12'' that ignores cover saves. Personally i think the AP5 is a bit much, I mean since flak armour is more designed to protect against shrapnel than bullets; it should at least have a chance, also the range seems a bit excessive, i would say 6'' is more reasonable

So basically what im saying is that i like the idea of being able to throw them, but i think it should be more like this:

you can choose to throw frags in the assault phase, 6'' S3 AP6, and ignores cover saves.

Maybe, considering the new rules for rapid fire; these rules could be excessive, so maybe they should only be able to be used if you didnt rapid fire with anything. Anyway let me know what you think, just an idea.

btw he also said something about throwing them in bunkers, which would hit everybody inside twice (concussion in the enclosed space), this would be cool, cos you could assault a bunker and throw frags in. But maybe thats going over the top, for 1 pt anyway.

"Remember; long, uncontrolled bursts."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heh I remember when you could throw grenades in 2nd edition instead of making a shooting attack. I forget what the range was (might have been 12 inches), a squad of marines could absolutely decimate a squad of lightly armoured troops with each troop throwing the current equivalent of a Frag missile.

Then you had the many other types of grenades, I always loved the Hallucinogenic grenades and the weird and totally random effects they could have on the enemy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya frag aren't that bad, but you have to love haywire grenades.. they are awesome.
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds interesting, ill try it at a game when i get back from vacation, seems better to me than the current rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to expand on what i was saying, the point is you throw them instead of charging. This would probably see them not get used i guess if they were only 6'' and you couldnt rapid fire, (since you could just charge and probably inflict more damage) so rapid fire would have to be in. Either that or the range would have to be increased for them to be useful, so its main use would be in shooty, mobile squads with an aversion to CC. This i think would make elite units such as stormtrooper squads who generally get in the thick of the action a lot more survivable and slightly more characterful. Thoughts appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you throw crappy grenades instead of shooting a good gun? I mean hell, even lasguns are better than the stats you gave for a grenade.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you throw them after you shoot, so its skipping an assault for some more firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would you throw crappy grenades instead of shooting a good gun? I mean hell, even lasguns are better than the stats you gave for a grenade.
    the idea is to throw them in the assault phase serpentine, this could be a lot more beneficial than charging in... ie 5 man stormtrooper squad vs pack of genestealers, it would be a lot more likely (fluff wise) that they would stand off and throw some nades in rather than charging into a suicidal combat. Granted these rules would need messing around with for other races like eldar and tau (since just about everybody else has better grenades than the puny humans)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well for tau and stuff its not worth it, but...

with my dam dark eldar splinter rifles.. a grenade aint that bad. HEck a dam wat was it frag grenade auto kill my dark eldar warriors.. I mean dammit 5+ save.
    "There is no middle ground. Strike Hard, strike fast and strike first."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My idea for grenade rules [not too powerful, theyre only 1 point].

On the first turn of combat any side that has grenades can throw them, they inflict as many strength 3 hit that ignores cover saves as there are grenadiers, no ap[the no. of hits cannot exceed the no. of enemy models. Also instead of assaulting a bunker you can throw in grenades, everyone inside takes 2 strength 3 hits.
    Signature?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast