W.y.s.i.w.y.g. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W.y.s.i.w.y.g.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

W.y.s.i.w.y.g.

how strict are people and official tournament games on wysiwyg (what you see is what you get)? I have just built a russ and put track guards on without realising they cost me 10 points in the army list. I want to use the space to pile loads of gear on the russ (for visual effect) so don't really want to have to pull them off again. am i going to get crucified when i go to a tournament game?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

generally it will depend on the organiser. Most should be ok with it, just don't add it to your army list. At worst you'll just have to make it clear to your opponant at the start of each game that they are just for looks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

I'm not sure how widely this applies, but I seem to remember hearing that people are more likely to be okay with a model having extra bitz on it which aren't actually inlcuded in the list than they are with a model not having all its equipment represented.

I think that like Phoenix said, you should be okay if you point out that you don't actually have the track guards.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

In the tournament i took part in before it was a case of you getting bonus points for WYSIWYG. If you had more on the model that was in your list, they didn't mind.

My Arena Champions: Kharn'eth The Bloodcleaver and Gorzag Iron Jaw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

WYSIWYG works on several levels:

1) Riding a barded warhorse generally means you pay for a barded warhorse - especially if you have other bareded warhorses in the list
    2) Equipping a longbow or shield will generally require you to have a longbow on the model, thoough rules don't actually require it.
    3) Magic items, artefacts and other things can be represented however you want. A sword could be a mundane sword or a sword of killing-goodness, doesn't matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and a russ with track guards means...?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

A Russ with Track Guards, means that you CAn sa you have extra armour but don't have to. But if two identical Russes have different armour set-ups its a little bit misleading to the opposing player...

+ Reply to Thread