Rank Bonus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rank Bonus

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rank Bonus

OK, I hear everyone go on about rank bonus, I've looked it up in my rule book and i'm still none the wiser.

So could some one tell me exactly how it works??

Thanks a Lot

Kenny

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a nutshell, for every rank of at least 5 models after the first rank, you get a +1 to your combat resolution, up to a maximum of +3. So a unit of 15 models arranged in 3 ranks of 5 models gets a +2 to its combat resolution. There are exceptions, but that’s the general rule. Also, this thread should be in the Rules Help forums
    "How do you stop a Chaos Knight from charging? No seriously, HELP!" André le Bouffon, jester of the Bretonnian court - last words.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Its in teh section for deciding combat resolution, not sure the exact page as BRB at home. But yeah, in a nutshel, it should be in teh WHFB rules help forum, and it adds +1 to your combat resolution score for each complete rank you had before the combat started for that turn. The max rank bonus in most armies is +3, so any additional troops beyond the 4th rank won't count, and teh rank needs to have 5 or more members to count.

+ Reply to Thread