Formula WAAAGH! (WIP) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

Formula WAAAGH! (WIP)

Hey LO! I've been working on this little game for an orkish pastime. It is still not done, I still need to sort out the riders, guns, upgrades and such, but, here it is so far. C+C is appreciated.

Formula Waaagh! First draft.

When orkish “peacetime” comes about, either waiting for the mek to build a traktor beam to snag a space hulk, or waiting around said hulk, they often turn to pastimes other than bashing each other’s heads in. Formula Waaagh! Is the answer. It satisfies their addiction to speed, and gives them something to fight over. Vehicles range from bikes, one-man buggies, up to the crazed rokkit plane. There are two ways to win: clean, and dirty (orky). There are no restrictions on weapons, pistols, rokkits, kustom blastas, even kannons are occasionally seen.

DA RULEZ:

PART 1: DA MEKANIKS

Movement: This is the first part of the turn. Each vehicle has a move speed (MS, in inches) on it’s profile. This can be modified by upgrades. At the start of your racer’s turn, you may move up to the maximum inches indicated by your vehicle profile, special rules, and upgrades.
    Turning: You may turn up to 45 degrees at any speed once during your move. If you wish to turn more, you must move less than 8” in your move, or you must roll a D6. On a roll of 3+, you skid forward 2” and complete your turn. On a 2 or less, you lean too far against your turn and spin out. Turn your vehicle perpendicular to it’s original facing and skid forward D6+3 inches forward. If you hit a wall, your vehicle crashes, and makes a roll on the SMASH! CRUNCH! BLAM! Chart (explained later). If you do not hit a wall, you take one full turn to get back on your vehicle and then may resume racing.
    Special vehicle turning: Deffkoptas can make any turn up to 90 degrees at any speed. Any more, and you must remain stationary. Moving turns for kopters skid forward 1”. Rokkit planes can turn no more than 45 degrees in a single turn. Mono wheels follow the same turning rules as deffkoptas, and CANNOT spin out, due to special stabilizers the mek has fixed up. Fliers cannot spin out. Fliers can move over land vehicles, but cannot end their move over one.

Shooting: This is the next part of the turn. You may fire any weapons except heavy weapons at any speed, and heavy weapons at less than 8”. Hull mounted weapons can only fire in a straight line in front of the vehicle. Hand-held weapons (sluggas, supa sluggas, shootas) can be fired in any direction. When shooting at an opposing racer, nominate a target (rider or vehicle). After that, you may fire any number of hull weapons and one hand-held at one target, firing S shots (on the weapon profile). After that, you must roll an accuracy check. For every point of accuracy (A) on your driver’s profile, make a modifier of -6 to the minimum roll needed. For example: a driver with accuracy 1 must roll a 6+ to hit, accuracy 3 must roll a 4+ to hit, all the way up to accuracy 5, needing a 2+ to hit. Riders cannot be hit from behind, due to being enclosed in cabs, and can only be hit from the side on a roll of 6+, no matter the accuracy of the shooter.

Resolving Hits; Vehicles: When a vehicle is hit, it must make an armor check. At equal weapon strength to vehicle toughness, you must roll a 4+ to damage the vehicle. For each point of difference between Weapon strength (WS) to Vehicle Toughness (VT), modify the minimum roll by +1 for every point more of VT over WS, and -1 for every point of WS over VT. For example: If Racer 1 hit Racer 2’s vehicle, and his WS was 4, and the opposing vehicle’s VT was 5, He would have to roll a 5+ to cause damage. If the WS and VT values were changed to 6 and 4, he would have to roll a 2+. A roll of one can never damage. Each vehicle has a certain amount of armor plating. This armor affords them an armor save (marked as Armor value(AV) on the profile with the minimum roll needed to make the save). The minimum roll for the armor save is listed on the vehicle profile. If the vehicle fails it’s armor save, it makes a roll on the SMASH! CRUNCH! BLAM! chart.

Resolving hits; Riders: Resolving hits follow the same rules and modifiers as resolving hits on vehicles, except using WS against Rider toughness (RT). Riders can have armor, and thus can have armor saves. If the Rider fails their armor save, he loses a wound point (WP). Once the rider loses all wound points, he dies, and is taken out of the race. His vehicle spins out and acts as an obstacle on the track.

Ramming: There are no disorderly conduct rules in a formula waaagh! race. For that reason, Racers will often ram each other to get ahead. When a racer is within 3” of another, he may opt to ram the opposing vehicle. Resolving a ram hit is like resolving a shooting hit, where the attacker’s VT acts as the WS in the attack. If the test is failed by the defender, they will spin out (as per the movement rules) on a roll of 3+. A vehicle can only be rammed from behind and from the sides. Fliers cannot ram, or be rammed.

Turn Structure: Each turn starts with the movement phase, where a racer moves as they please, then the shooting phase, where a racer may shoot his weapons, and the ramming phase, where a racer may opt to ram an opposing vehicle. Note that if you shoot, you may not ram in the same turn, and vice versa. Once your turn is done, the next player takes theirs.

Winning: You win when you are either the last living racer, or cross the finish line first.

PART 2: DA RACERS

Each racer starts with a total of 350 teef.
    You may choose one chassis, upgrade restrictions, baseline upgrades, and gun options are listed on profiles.

Chassis:
    Warbike: 30 teef, MS12, VT2, AV6+, can have one light weapon.
    Exposed: The lack of a proper cab means racers on warbikes can be hit from behind on a 6+ or from the side on a 5+.
    Buggy: 50 teef, M10, VT4, AV4+, can have one light weapon and one heavy wepon, or two light weapons.
    Hot rod: 65 teef, M12, VT4, AV5+, same weapons as the buggy.
    Speedsta: 75 teef, M14, VT3, AV6+, may have two light weapons.
    Deffkopta: 90 teef, M12, VT3, AV6+, may have two light weapons and one flying weapon.
    Rokkit plane: 125 teef, M15, VT3, AV5+, same weapons as the Deffkopta.
    Enclosed: Pilots cannot be hit.
    Hard-wired Mono wheel: 140 teef, M14, VT-, AV-, may have one light weapon.
    Hard-Wired: Vehicle and rider cannot be hit separately, and the bionics make the rider tougher, so VT is RT+2 and AV is the rider’s AV-1 (so, Rider AV of 5+ with a mono wheel would be AV 4+).

Weapons:

Light weapons:
    Shoota: 10 teef, S2, WS3, 20” range. May be twin-linked (re-roll accuracy checks) for 10 teef. Two shootas can count as one light weapon.
    Big shoota: 25 teef, S3, WS3, 30” range. May be twin linked for 20 teef.
    Rokkit launcha, 40 teef, S1, WS4, 35” range. Can be made heat seeking (re-roll accuracy checks and doesn’t need to line up with the target) for 25 teef. Can be twin-linked for 15 teef (re-rolls don’t stack).

Heavy weapons:
    Missile pod, 65 teef, S2, WS4, 35” range. Can be made heat seeking for 30 teef.
    Kannon, 100 teef, S1, WS5, 40” range. Can use sabot rounds (+10” range) for 25 teef.
    Kustom laser, 150 teef, S1, WS D3+3, 40” range.
    Grot-bomb, 175 teef, S-, WS6, 50” range. Does not have to line up, can re roll accuracy tests, one use.
    Shokk attack gun, 200 teef, S1, WS D3+5, 45” range. No other hull weapons can be taken.

Flying weapons:
    Buzz saw, 50 teef, Allows the flyer to ram at WS4.
    Bomm, 75 teef, S-, WS5, 10” range. One use, 5” blast radius.
    Mines, 125 teef, S1, WS4, - range. two uses, 5 mines are distributed within 6” of the vehicle. When another vehicle passes over one, it takes a WS4 hit and the mine is removed.

Hand held:
    Slugga, 2 teef, S1, WS2, 16” range.
    Supa slugga, 10 teef, S1, WS3, 20” range.
    Choppa, 5 teef, Gives a +1 to WS on a ram.

Riders:
    There are many different types of riders in a formula WAAAGH! race. From grizzled veterans, greenhorns, all the way to grots and even squigs! You may only hire one rider.

Grot: 15 teef, A3, RT2, 1WP, Orks think that grots are weedy, and they are! They often lack the strength to turn properly, so they must re-roll their spin out roll when they make they pass (do not spin out).

Greenhorn: 30 teef, A3, RT3, 2WP, These orks are either still learning the ropes or are in their debut race, so they roll a 6+ instead of a 5+ to not spin out when turning.

Racer: 50 teef, A3, RT3, 2WP These orks have learned the ropes of the track and are the mainstay of a Formula WAAAGH! race. They have no special bonuses or penalties.

Hard wired squig: 60 teef, A2, RT3, 2WP, These squigs have had their brains wired up to the vehicle, and control it by thinking. They will automatically move towards and try to ram the closest vehicle in front of them that they can see, due to their feral nature. Cannot use held-held weapons, gets +1WS on ramming attacks.

Veteran: 90 teef, A4, RT4, 2WP, These orks have been involved in countless races and it shows. They Spin out on a 1, skid forward 1" on everything else.

NOTE: The hit resolving rules may be a bit confusing, but they are pretty much the same as the WS/WS or S/T charts is the GW rulebooks.

I will need a bit of help with ideas for upgrades, but here are some I have kicking around in my head:
    Crazed fan: has some sort of gun and shoots at opponents
    Armor plating: Loxers the minimum armor save roll by one
    Reinforced chassis: Increases VT by one.
    Co-pilot: should the origional driver die, this co-pilot will take over the vehicle.
    Gunner: Allows for one more light weapon to be placed on the vehicle
    And the obvious engine mods, rams and such.

Last edited by Hemogoblin; July 4th, 2009 at 16:38.
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Royal_Marine_Machine's Avatar
    The Room Next To Wolf Lord Herby/Nottingham
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Looks Good

Are you by any chance anything to do with Warhammer World Nottingham, they are having a Formula Waaagh! thing (or is it every store?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x3)

Nope, I'm in the US. This is just something I'm doing on a whim, really, I felt the itch to do something and this was the result.
    How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x3)

Ok, I've written the weapons, and marked out all changes in blue. All comments are still appreciated.
    My recruitment link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

127 (x3)

Wrote up the riders. All new changes are in red.
    My recruitment link!

Senior Member Royal_Marine_Machine's Avatar
    The Room Next To Wolf Lord Herby/Nottingham
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Hehe, Loving the hard wired squigs

The weapons look quite cool too

+ Reply to Thread