Avatar themed apu's+doubled up as an inquisitor army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avatar themed apu's+doubled up as an inquisitor army.

So my idea was to convert the penitent engines from this
    Penitent engine
    to

I would completley remove the human and convert the engines to carrying one gun held in both arms. By removing the human I can then use them in inquisitor and in 40k.
    Ruleswise, for 40k, I was thinking

ws4
    bs4
    s 3(6)
    I3
    A2
    front armour11
    side armour 11
    rear armour 11

squad size 1-5

The heavy duty gun they carry would be
    heavy 2 str 8 ap4

and would have a "fully automatic option" which would mean if the enemy was found to be within 12 inches you get +1 shot but if he's outside 12 you hit on 6+. He also has a str6 power weapon.

Pointswise I was thinking100 points with a squad leaderfor +40 points who has +2 strenth(+1 but doubled) +1 bs and +1 attack. I want to be on the safe side of the points cost so I get to use them as much as possible. Are these rules axceptable?

Last edited by Heimagoblin; January 31st, 2010 at 12:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member soul of the brood's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, this is a really cool concept dude, and I think it could be a reality if you changed a few things, first off the guns may be a wee bit powerful, tone em down and reduce the points a bit, then you should have a pretty balanced model.
    the squad leader is somewhat different from many other walker type models, perhaps just give him access to better equipment or smoke launchers as such?
    I would make them move faster than normal walkers though, representing the amount of control the driver has, S6 is good I think, id say give the leader S7 not S8.
    perhaps a few less points tp scale down the weaponry and add points as you see fit to add the extra mobility.
    have fun converting them!
    Siggy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

More mobility could be represented by rolling 3D6 for running and pick the highest result.

APU gun
    36" S6 AP4 Heavy 3

It's basically a heavy bolter, but a bit bigger. For the full auto, just give the weapon another profile:

APU gun (choose one at time of firing)
    36" S6 AP4 Heavy 3
    12" S6 AP4 Heavy 4

I don't think the leader should have extra strength, since all APUs are built pretty much the same. SotB had some good suggestions by allowing the leader to take extra upgrades like a missile launcher.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice guys. What about if I follow Krovins weapon suggestion but allow them to run and shoot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oooo, I dont know that might be asking for a little too much, Theyr guns aren't great, but not many, or none at all,(exept the new tyranid gaunts) can run and shoot in the same phase,
    and really, theyr not THAT mobile, compare them to an eldar war-walker, which are soppused to be pretty damn mobile. >.>
    Siggy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soul of the brood View Post
    Oooo, I dont know that might be asking for a little too much, Theyr guns aren't great, but not many, or none at all,(exept the new tyranid gaunts) can run and shoot in the same phase,
    and really, theyr not THAT mobile, compare them to an eldar war-walker, which are soppused to be pretty damn mobile. >.>
    Hmm. Eldar warwalkers arn't actually meant to be mobile. Its more they can relocate quickly but stay staionary to maximise firepower. Amp's however(advanced movement suits) are built to speed up the soldier/make him stronger. The big gun is almost an after thought. Maybe if we reduce the gun a bit (say 2 shots str 7 ap 4)+ can fire 3 shots if within 12" and let them do that. Would that work?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking fluffwise, and they are actually pretty damn mobile, but if you've read the eldar fluff I think you would egree, lest eldarneesh smite you to the ground!
    and likewise thoughts on the gun heimagoblin...
    Siggy.

+ Reply to Thread