Librarium Online Forums banner

My Custom Rules for an Special Character

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  soul of the brood 
#1 ·
So I've been fooling around with the Inquisition Codicies trying to make a special set of rules for my Inquisitor. So without further adieu, I present Inquisitor Lucien Defluer.

(He is for tabletop reasons an Inquisitor Lord. Fluffwise, however, he is just an Inquisitor. As I don't always expect to see Inquisitor Lords, fluffwise, on the battlefield.)

Ws 5, Bs 4, S 3, T 3, W 3, I 4, A, 3, Ld 10, sv 3+(4+)

Wargear:
Thunder Hammer
Needle Pistol
Psychic Hood
Inquisitorial Mandate
Frag, Krak Grenades
Melta Bombs

Special Rules:
Preferred Enemy: Tyranids
Iron Will
Psyker
Rational Transaction- The Inquisitor may choose to be taken as an Independent Character without a Retinue of 3-12 Henchman. However, if he does so, he may not take any dedicated transports.
"Excommunicate Traitoris" Many years ago, DeFleur was branded a Xenophile and as a result is now wanted by members of his Inner Circle. Whether this just be political intrigue, or worse, the Inquisitor may not take any allies from the following Codecies: Daemonhunters, Witchhunters, Space Marines, Imperial Guard. He may only be taken as an ally in Imperial Guard Armies.
Wanted: Dead or Alive- If playing in a killpoints mission, Inquisitor Defleur is worth twice his normal amount of kill points. If playing in an objective-based game and the Inquisitor is killed, place an objective marker where he is. That marker now counts as an extra objective.

Psychic Powers:
Word of the Emperor (see Codex: Witch hunters)
Divine Fury: The Inquisitor uses his psychic abilities to enhance the abilities of him and his men. This power is used at the start of player's turn. Once passed, the squad Lucien is attached too and himself benefit from the Special Rules: Furious Charge, Counter-Attack until the start of your next turn.

And some side notes I have added:
If he does take a retinue, he may only take warriors, acolytes, and chirugeons.
Acolytes and warriors are allowed their normal allowances for wargear from any Inquisition Codex, but they may not take unguents of warding, man catchers, or any 'unique' items from the respective Codecies.

His psychic hood works the same way the new hoods work, as in Codex Space Marines.

Oh and this guy is meant purely for friendly games (obviously as I don't see me using my own rules in any tournaments coming up soon. :dance:)

So tell me what you guys think.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hmm, albeit that he looks pretty good and is fairly balanced, Armour save? invulnerable save? and, no offence, but I just dont see humies as melee charecters, well this would change if you gave him an invulnerable, but for now I see some free kp...
but an added invulnerable save would make this guy worth it!
and I guess its just a matter of where you put him, vet squad getting pummeled in combat somehow? This guy.
he looks like a good support character so far :p
Oh and the needle pistol! almost forgot that! Ok he is looking a lot better now :)

#3 ·
id give him strength 4 it wouldnt make him to OP unless your trying to go by regular inquisitors. If you give him Strength 4 it would make him be able to take out regular troops better instant death.

#4 ·
Str 4? He isnt exactly a space marine yet mate, and that would make him a hefty amount more points, as the ability to ID T4 opponents is highly coveted for a mere human,
Besides, if he gets off furious charge thats 4 S8 attacks at I5 on the charge! actually quite enough to kill most T4 characters in one round of combat, so I think that S3 is fine, Otherwise your getting S10 on the charge, eek, that power should not be bestowed on humans my dear child.

#6 ·
The Thunder Hammer will be making him strike at initiative 1, even on the charge. Without Furious Charge, he will be striking last with a str6 thunder hammer, and on the charge, he will be striking with a str 7 thunder hammer(doubling his strength, then adding one for furious charge.) This would wound most MC's on a 3+ and instant killing any T3 unit, which mostly happen to be Tau, Humies, and Eldar. But I do see what you mean, he does kinda seem just like a T4 Space Marine of some sort. I'm going to try to rework the wargear. But besides what he's equipped with, are the rest of his rules alright you think?

#7 ·
Ahh I see, I didnt factor in the I 1 and furious charge taking effect AFTER his strength is doubled.
and factoring in the saves I didnt notice >.> he looks pretty sound, but I cant for the life of me remember what a neeple pistol does, im sure it uses a template correct?
so far I don't see anything that your opponent could complain about, unless he's tyranids...(me me me!) damned phycic hoods ruining my cataclyst and my zoan...*mumbles on*

#8 ·
The Needle pistol isn't a template, it always wounds on a 4+ or something like that. I didn't want him having a great shooting power because he already has a good amount of close combat prowess. Also, I'm using the new rules for psychic hood, becuase I thought it would be a bit annoying using the ones that are still in use for the Inquisition codecies. ( Where the psychic hood affects the whole table and not a 24 inch radius.)

#10 ·
You make a good point there. I think I will start using the old hood. I ended up playing a campaign batltle against Tyranids and though the game was extremely close, it wasn't a one-sided game and I ended up losing on turn 6. I'm glad to say that in know way is he a gamebreaker, in fact, by having him I was actually lowering the amount of firepower for a decent model capable of a counter-charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.