Welcome to Librarium Online!
I decided today to stat up Boba Fett for 40k use. Please tell me what you think and suggest points value.
Jump Infantry Independent Character (unique)
Stubborn, Infiltrator, Stealth, Hit and Run
Carapace Armor, Jetpack, Melta Bombs, Assault Grenades, Disintegrator, Laspistol, Wrist-mounted Weapons
Wrist-Mounted Weapons: Boba Fett has a flamer and missile launcher mounted on his wrist bracers which may be fired once per game each. The Missile Launcher counts as an assault weapon.
Loner: Boba Fett may never join a unit
Vendetta: Old Grudges die hard. Boba Fett gains Favored Enemy and a 4++ "dodge" Invulnerable save against any model equipped with a powersword that is in close combat with him. (Note: This bonus only applies against Powerswords, not any other sort of power weapon such as a Thunder Hammer or Powerfist. Named powerswords, such as ones carried by certain space marine captains, count as powerswords in this regard. If the model is part of a unit and can not be targeted independently, he gains Favored Enemy against the entire unit.)
Last edited by WyteNite; February 18th, 2010 at 04:45.
I really need to focus on a single army...
Orkz: 3000 pts. Slaaneshi Chaos: 2500 pts. Ultramarines: 1250 pts. Necrons: 1000 pts.
Eldar: 1000 pts. Tau: 1000 pts. Dark Angels: 550 pts. Grey Knights: 450 pts
Shouldnt this be in rules develoupment?
Other than that looks good.
can't think of the rules for Disintegrator.
Otherwise he is pretty good.
He looks like he will be hard to keep alive as he cannot join another unit.
Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
I currently play:
Doom Eagle Space Marines
Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
Tau of O'me
Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters
and my attempted foray into fantasy
'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff
It's cool... but nothing accounts for how boba has lived for so long. how about host shot laspistol for starters and ws 5 to show he's on par with average characters.
or eternal warrior.
I would agree... change the disintegrator for a pair of hot shot laspistol and add eternal warrior. In addition maybe he should have the ability to fire both laspistols in the same turn, in effect the "gun fighter" ability that Cypher used to have.
EDIT: As far as points... maybe 100 ish? Might seem low but I think T3 indepenend character with no invul is very squishy. His ability to infiltrate, move as jump infantry, and potentially fire a krak missile into a tanks back armor does bring his cost up though.
Last edited by Ironangel256; February 18th, 2010 at 17:05.
IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!
I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.
Movie Fett - you could play him in any imperial force by taking an elite inquisitor with a jump pack, plasma pistol, brazier of fire, meltabombs, and bionics (80 points for 2 wounds and a 1 in 6 chance of coming back from the dead)
I don't see how twin hot-shot laspistols make any sense for Boba. Jango (stupid deadbeat) yes, but Boba Fett uses a rifle. Overall this looks pretty good to me.
Consider adding a rule for his bounty? Perhaps he goes after an enemy model? Fett doesn't fight unless he's after a target after all. Also there should be a clause in it that Fett will attack any unit (friend or enemy) that tries to fight that model, he's hit "allies" with grenades before just because they got to close to a mark.
An orbital strike of some sort seems like it would make sense, Slave I is on a helmet mounted vox-command system after all.
I'd say give him a straight-up 4+ invul save to represent his uncanny ability to survive. Then you can do away with the rather odd vendetta rule. Eternal Warrior is not needed imho, since he gets killed just like anyone else if he's hit by a lightsaber.
And I'll second Alzer's ideas. The bounty and Slave ship rules sound like fun. Bounty, I'd say he picks one IC or MC to gain preferred enemy against at the start of the first turn.
I've been looking into what Boba has in terms of gear, and he is known for having a veritable cornucopia of items to use.
Here are some additions you might consider:
• Acute senses and signal jamming (like the LS Storm) from his helmet systems.
• Turbo-piercing grappling hook - it looks pretty powerful, perhaps a single-use 12" S7 AP3 shot at BS3 (because he has to hunch over to fire it).
• Duraplast armor plates and an armoured mesh battlesuit - sounds like his armor is stronger than it looks. Maybe 3+?
• BlasTech Dur-24 wrist laser - sounds like a digital weapon.
• Fibercord Whip - used to incapacitate a single target at close range, single use, we saw this in the battle on Jabba's skiff.
• Wrist-mounted vibro-blades - sounds like a power weapon, or at least rending
• Wrist & kneepad mounted dart launchers - drop initiative of enemies in CC or re-roll to hit? probably single-use
• EE-3 carbine rifle - i wouldn't represent it as a disintegrator, it's described as being one step up from a storm trooper's rifle in terms of power with added accuracy and a burst shot, S4 AP4 Assault 2 24" sounds about right
• Kelvarex Consolidated Arms MM9 mini concussion rocket - the wrist-mounted missile, which I would represent as assault grenades in 40K
• He also sometimes took a very powerful rifle called the Tenloss DXR-6 disruptor instead of the EE-3. This sounds like a sniper rifle with AP1. Could be an expensive option.
Last edited by Krovin-Rezh; February 18th, 2010 at 23:48.