WHFB Warhammer Fantasy Army - Angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warhammer Fantasy Army - Angels

I will rewrite the fluff as I just realized that this makes no sense as there is no One God in Warhammer

Cherubim
    Points/Model: 215

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
    Cherubim 4 7 5 5 4 3 8 5 10

Equipment: Hand Weapon and Cherubim Robes (5+ ward save).
    Options:
    - May choose either a Halberd (+6 pts) an Additional Hand Weapon (+6 pts) or a Bladestaff (+14 pts).
    - May wear either Light Armour (+3 pts), Heavy Armour (+6 pts) and may also carry a Shield (+3 pts).
    - May choose Blessings from the Angelic Blessings list with a combined maximum total value of 125 pts.
    Special Rules:
    Angelic Flight, Angelic Charge.

Throne
    Points/Model: 250

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
    Throne 4 5 4 3 3 3 5 1 9

Equipment: Hand Weapon and Angelic Robes (5+ ward save)
    Magic: A Throne uses spells from the Lore of the Ancients, through Holy Power.
    Options:
    - May choose Blessings from the Angelic Blessings list with a combined maximum total value of 100 pts.
    Special Rules:

Heroes

Princedom
    Points/Model: 100

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
    Princedom 4 6 5 4 4 2 6 3 9

Equipment: Hand Weapon and Angelic Robes (6+ ward save).
    - May choose a Halberd (+4 pts), an Additional Hand Weapon (+4 pts) or a Bladestaff (+9 pts)
    - May wear either Light Armour (+2 pts) or Heavy Armour (+4 pts), may also carry a Shield (+2 pts)
    - May choose Blessings from the Angelic Blessings list with a combined maximum total value of 50 pts.
    Battle Standard Bearer: One Princedom in the army may carry the Battle Standard for +25 points. He may never be the army General. He may take any combination of Banner Blessings with a combined maximum total value of 125 pts, but if he does he cannot take any other Blessings. He may not be given any extra equipment except for Light or Heavy armour.
    Special Rules:

Dominion
    Points/Model: 140

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
    4 6 4 5 4 2 7 4 10

Equipment: Hand Weapon and Angelic Robes (5+ ward save)
    Options:
    - May choose a Halberd (+5 pts), an Additional Hand Weapon (+5 pts), a Great Weapon (+5 pts) or a Bladestaff (+11 pts).
    - May wear either Light Armour (+2 pts) or Heavy Armour (+4 pts), may also take a Shield (+2 pts).
    - May choose Blessings from the Angelic Blessings list with a combined maximum total value of 50 pts.
    Special Rules:
    Angelic Flight, Angelic Charge, Stubborn, Chaos Hunters.

Virtue
    Points/Model: 135

M WS BS S T W I A Ld
    4 5 4 3 3 2 5 1 8

Equipment: Hand Weapon, Angelic Robes (6+ ward save)
    Magic: A Virtue is a level 1 Wizard, who can use spells from the Lore of Angels, Light or Heavens lists.
    Options:
    - May be upgraded to a level 2 wizard for +35 points.
    Special Rules:

Angelic Flight
    Most Angels are blessed with mighty feathered wings, which carry them through the air with ease, though they are not as swift as some of the other winged creatures of this earth.
    All angelic units are blessed with wings, unless otherwised noted and are able to fly up to 10" a turn. This does not mean they can break formation and they must still wheel etc when in the air. Due to their lower flight arc they cannot fly over friendly or enemy units, as this would bring them into contact with them, and thus counts as charging.

Angelic Charge
    When the Angels charge they are terrible to behold, borne aloft on their mighty wings, they smash into the enemy ranks in a swirling maelstrom of destruction, bowling the enemy over and continuing on past them, barely halting in their advance.
    If an Angelic unit with the Angelic Flight rule charges, defeats, and breaks the enemy in the first turn of combat, they may pursue 3D6" rather than 2D6". They may also overrun 3D6". This has no effect on fleeing, or if they win the combat in later turns

Any Comments? If there is an interest I will put more up

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Love this concept. Please do show us more.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks good

One question what are Angelic Gifts? Are they like Chaos Marks but not evil?

Also it can be hard to read in some places, so you may want to bold titles or something. Other than that nice job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

I would say that all of them have flight however they can only use normal flight if unranked and then the ranked units should be 10" flight since they try to stay together they are not as fast. As you have it they are just move 5 models basically and it seems really like it is not wings that they have just some weird movement effect.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be sure to do some rough research when doing your fluff. A strong basis in our own mythology is good but it doesn't have to be a exact, mirror image or as highly detailed. An army that celebrates monotheism would be unique in WH, an interesting advent and one that should be broken more often. Note that just because your culture only recognises one god does not mean that it would be exclusive on the whole. Multiple gods and religions exist (together or more commonly, at war) in this universe so don't be afraid to go ahead with it.

Also, you may choose to avoid confusion with Seraphim as the name is already part of the Sisters of Battle set. Up to you.

Can't wait for the almighty Seraphs to be created!
    Last edited by Oiad; March 7th, 2010 at 12:51.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O.K. Thanks for all the comments. I am going to re-write the fluff to represent them better in the WAR world but I have yet to do that. Better then explain the Angelic Gifts i will show them to you

Bladestaff
    The Bladestaff is a short staff with lethal blades at both ends of the stave. This allows it to be wielded in a variety of styles in the hands of a sufficiently skilled user, striking either in a flurry of blows, or with slower, stronger strikes.Requires two hands.At the start of combat, the Angelic player must choose between having the Bladestaves grant +1 Attack, or +1 Strength. All models in the unit must choose the same mode, and they must stick with that mode the entire combat.

Crystal Blessing - 75 points
    Blessed by the crystal sword of Seraphaal, no defence whether magical or physical can stand before a weapon such as this.No armour or ward saves may be taken against wounds caused by a weapon with this blessing.

Ancient Thunder – 65 points
    This holy artefact needs no ammunition, for when the angel summons its power, a wall of lightning pierces through the ranks of the enemy, like a hot knife through butter.. Bound Spell. Power Level 6. The Ancient Thunder can be used once per turn to cast a S6 magic missile with a range of 30". This magic missile penetrates ranks like a bolt thrower

Wings of Revenge – 45 points
    The angel’s wings are separated into many whip-like appendages. While still enabling flight, they allow the angel to strike out against the enemy and entangle it in combat. Counts as a ranged weapon with a range of 6”. The Wings of Revenge deal D6 S4 hits their target. In addition, all attacks made against the angel suffer a -1 to hit penalty.

Spear of Light – 45 points
    This magical spear was blessed by the old ones themselves, enabling it to pierce armour and bodies with ease. Requires 2 hands. Armour Piercing. For every kill caused by the spear, the angel gains one attack in the next combat phase in that encounter.

Blessing of Azrael – 40 points
    Azrael, angel of death, grants his champions a measure of his awesome strength.The model gains +1 Strength and the Killing Blow special rule. In addition, he will score a killing blow on 5+ against chaos models.

Glowing Blade – 25 points
    The angel’s blade glows white-hot. When it strikes a foe it sears their flesh, causing them great pain.Any model wounded by this blade looses two attks this turn

Your Idea for the flight is already in use for my Birdmen army (too be shown l8r) and therefore I dont want them to have that kind of rule. Any way, because they are angels I imagine their wings to be etheral in a way and therefore able to pass through other angles wings. Also I have already done some research already and If i get a strong foothold here I will post it
    Last edited by fish09; March 8th, 2010 at 21:47.

+ Reply to Thread