WHFB A rule for Goblin Archers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

A rule for Goblin Archers

I have always been intrigued by an all goblin army but will likely never take the time to realize my dream.

However I was thinking of a way to make Goblins more competitive, particularly in the shooting department, so I came up with this rule which I think is fluffy and not overpowered.

Ready... Steady... Fire!

A unit of Goblins equipped with Bows may choose to use the ready...steady..fire! special rule while shooting. If they do the unit may shoot with as many ranks as it wants. However for each rank more than is regularly allowed fired, resolve 1D6 Strength hits against the unit. This represent Goblins shooting their comrades in the back as they attempt to fire over and around them. Any wounds caused by these hits cannot lead to a panic check, as Goblins find shooting there mate in the backside more funny than alarming.

I don't feel this needs any change in points for goblins. What do people think is it a useful an characterful rule or a waste of time?

cheers

Sean

Last edited by sultansean; April 16th, 2010 at 00:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm- well it certainly is fluffy. And it does have a trade off- sure why not no points cost. However, that also means that it doesn't really make them better, just gives you the opportunity to take a risk to get a few more shots out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I like the idea, very goblin-esque why not have all goblins that roll a 1 to hit; hit their own unit?
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

+ Reply to Thread