WH40K Create Your Own Xenos Race! Rules included. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create Your Own Xenos Race! Rules included.

Hi,
    I read something about this idea on a forum somewhere, and I figured it looked really cool. They didn't really flesh much out, so I decided to give it a go.
    I'm going to start with a basic troops unit of 'Shooters', I'll then flesh things out with more options for CC units, vehicles, heavy support choices etc.

Creature Points: Because some options would cost less than one point, I will be using on alternate system, Creature points. To find out how many Creature Points you are allowed, multiply the number of points allowed by ten. In games using allies, you must allocate a number divisible by ten as the total number of points allocated to the Xenos Race. For example, I am playing a 3000 point-a-side apocalypse game. I decide to include some allies with my Tau. I could allocate 5770 creature points to the Race I have created, but not 5777.

‘Shooters’ – 10CP/Model
    [CENTER]

WSBSSTWAILDSv+
    Unit11111114-
    Weapons and Equipment: Rifle
    R: 12” S:2 AP- Assault 1
    - May have +1S for 5CP* (All options with a * May be taken several times, but for each one after the first, double the cost of the upgrade)
    - May Have AP6 for 2CP, or AP5 for 8CP, or AP4 for 15CP
    - May Have 2 Shots for 5CP, or 3 Shots for 12CP, Or be Rapid Fire for 3CP
    - May Increase Range by 6” for 2CP*, up to a maximum of 36”.
    Options:
    - May Have +1 WS for 2CP*
    - May Have +1 BS for 2CP*
    - May Have +1 S for 2CP*
    - May Have +1T for 3CP*
    - May Have +1W for 52CP
    - May Have +1 A for 12CP, or +2 A for 22CP
    - May Have +1 I for 6CP*
    - May Have +1 LD for 1CP** (The second upgrade costs 2 points, the third costs 3 points, the fourth costs 4 points etc.)
    - May Have a 6+ Sv for 3CP, or a 5+ Sv for 5CP, or a 4+ Sv for 9CP, or a 3+ Sv for 20CP
    Special Rules:
    (A Unit may have up to two of these rules. If two rules are chosen, double the cost of the cheapest rule)
    - Fearless for 3CP (fearless may be chosen as well as your usual two special rules, but you must still double its cost as usual)
    - Feel No Pain for 20CP
    - Furious Charge for 12CP
    - Deep Strike for 9CP
    - Infiltrate for 8CP
    - Stealth for 12CP
    - Fleet for 10CP
    - Stubborn for 5CP
    - Slow and Purposeful for 4CP
    - Safety in Numbers for 2CP (This uses the same rules as the Ork mob rule)
    - Supreme Training for 8CP (This uses the same rules as ATSKNF)
    - Counter-attack for LDCP (This rule costs a number of CP equal to the models Leadership.)
    (An IG Veteran using these rules is roughly 8 Points, (7.9) as opposed to 7 that a normal one costs. I feel this is fair compensation for the ability to completely recreate an imaginary unit.)
    (A Space Marine using these rules costs 19 points. As you can see, it penalises Elite Infantry more than cheaper infantry. I’m not entirely sure how I can modify this to favour neither, so for the time being, it’ll have to stay)
    I’d definitely like CC for this, whether it be pointing out potentially broken combinations or costs, suggesting other options to include, or simply creating your own unit using these rules! If you like the look of this, please, please, please comment. I’ll be posting up a table for creating special and Heavy Weapons soon.
    Thanks,
    CO

Last edited by Centurio Ordinatus; June 2nd, 2010 at 18:08.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jboweruk

I just tried to do one with the same stats as a marine, and before any FNP or anything was over 20 points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x3)

I can get a 3+ save, fearless, feel no pain, bs5, T 5, guy with a str 8, ap4, assault 3, 36" range gun for 42 points(421 CP)
    and some WS 7 Str 6 T6 I 5 guys with 3 attacks, 2 wounds a 3+ sv FNP furious charge and they are fearless for 49 points(493 CP)

Sounds cool Id love an army of guys with str 8 assault 3 36" range guns and with a BS of 5(and all the things I said above for the first one) for only 42 points each much better than grey knights (even though tau would rip them up in CC.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By my calculations, a WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 LD10 Sv3+ ATSKNF w/ aS4 AP5 Rapid Fire 24" range gun comes out at 175? Lol this is wierd.
    10 Basic
    12 Strength
    12 WS
    12 BS
    21 T
    42 I
    6 LD
    20 Sv
    15 Gun S
    8 Gun AP
    6 Range
    Total 175 right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

175 CP is 17.5 points.
    analyise this and analyse that were great moves. I splelt that wrong. twice. I even spelled spelled wrong. I also said move instead of movies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Centurio Ordinatus View Post
    By my calculations, a WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 I4 LD10 Sv3+ ATSKNF w/ aS4 AP5 Rapid Fire 24" range gun comes out at 175? Lol this is wierd.
    10 Basic
    12 Strength
    12 WS
    12 BS
    21 T
    42 I
    6 LD
    20 Sv
    15 Gun S
    8 Gun AP
    6 Range
    Total 175 right?
    Yea... I don't think you understand... each 'CP' is 1/10 of a point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I know that! I wrote these rules! Lol. I was just confused because someone seemed to get 200 CP for a Marine, and I was getting 175. Contrary to before, when I seemed to get 190-odd. Marines are WS4 BS4 S4 T4 W1 A1 I4 LD10 ATSKNF 3+ S4 AP5 Rapid Fire 24" range gun right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

78 (x3)

No I know that! I wrote these rules!
    Hmmm... didn't notice

Its a long confusing process, you probably just made a few mistakes.

BTW... you can have 1 point troopers in 2 point power armour... thus having a huge load of cannon fodder for 3 points a model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, but Grots would own them anyway. 3+ Save is useless when Grot do far more damage, both in a firefight and in CC. The fact that you're T1 means the Save brings you up to equivelant T3 against S3 attacks - on a side note, Lasguns would ID these. I know they only have one wound, but you could give them an extra one, if you were a fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I calculated a guardsmen to be 9 points.

Edit: Sorry, 8. Like, exactly. Don't know how you got a Veterean at 7.9 :/ This is a really good idea, and I've tried making something like this it in the past, but it's going to take a lot of work. Still, good job
    Last edited by Accountant13B; June 4th, 2010 at 18:17.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast