CODEX: Word Bearers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

5 (x1)

CODEX: Word Bearers

Just throwing some ideas out for a word bearers codex

Devotion to the Dark Gods

The word bearers have proven themselves to be the most faithful of all the legions to the chaos Gods and when they demand something the most worthy legion to complete the task will be the word bearer and the word bearers will not stop until the Gods are satisfied with their deeds. All word bearers units except for cultists are immune to pinning and may not go to ground.

Daemonic support

The word bearers rely on daemons to act as shock troops for their force and will therefore field a large number of them when carrying out the gods will. A word bearers army of 1000 points or more must include 2 troop choices from the chaos daemons codex. These units have access to all their normal upgrades and do not take up any slots on the force organisation chart but are otherwise treated as scoring units. All points costs for the unit must be payed for in the army list.

Codex additions

Dark Apostle

Has the same rules as the chaplain in the space marines codex

May be given a daemonic weapons for 40p

may be given a twin-linked bolter for 5p and may not take a storm bolter

Special rules: Masters of the cult

cultest's minds can easily be manipulated to do as the Dark apostles wish. They then become a formidable shield for the word bearers legion during battle and this strategy has been proven to be very effective in recent battles. If a dark apostle is in the force then cultists may use his leadership for moral, pinning and leadership tests

Cultists: 4pts each

number/squad: 10-50

ws bs s t w i a ld sv
    3 3 3 3 1 3 1 6 6+

• close combat weapon and laspistol
    • rags and cloth
    • exchange close combat weapon for lasgun (free)
    • for every 10 cultists you may take one of the following special weapons: flamer or grenade launcher for free
    • any cultists may echange their las pistol for a bolt pistol at 1p per model
    Tell me what you think about this and if it would work and if anything should be change/added in, thanks

Last edited by Pekolie; June 28th, 2010 at 09:43.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

10 (x2)

Mmm quite simple enough easy to tie in with the codices, i'm going the whole hog with mine its not finished yet but anyways tell me what you think
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

with Alice
    7 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

This thread belongs in the Rule's Development section.

*thread moved*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread