WH40K Space Marine Apocalypse Datasheet - The Spear of Macragge (mixed tank formation) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Space Marine Apocalypse Datasheet - The Spear of Macragge (mixed tank formation)

The Spear of Macragge

POINTS 100 + MODELS

Normally Space Marines will deploy their tanks either to act independently or in squadrons of the same vehicle type, as this make it easier to use them to their best effect on the battlefield. However Brother-Sergeant Chronus of the Ultramarines, a tank commander without equal amongst the Adeptus Astartes, has proven able to command a mixed squadron of all the armour types the Ultramarines Chapter can muster, without any reduction in combat ability, and his uncanny knack for finding firing solutions and weak points on an enemy target can be exploited by the other tanks he commands as they use his data to range or correct their shots and target the vulnerabilites he has spotted.

FORMATION:

3-10 Space Marine Tanks (any viable Space Marine Heavy Support unit of the type "Vehicle (Tank)").
    One of the tanks must take Brother-Sergeant Chronus as an upgrade, and this is the Command Tank.

SPECIAL RULES:

Strike Force: All vehicles in the formation must be deployed within 12" of the command tank, or if coming on from reserve, the formation must enter the table within 12" of the point entered by the command tank.

Command Tank: As long as the Spear command tank is mobile, any tank in the spearhead within 12" of it (including the command tank itself) may ignore Crew Shaken results on the damage tables.

Fire On My Target!: Any vehicles in the formation firing at a unit already hit by shooting from Brother-Sergeant Chronus' Command Tank in the same turn may re-roll any missed to-hit rolls against that unit, and add +1 to any armour penetration rolls made if the targeted unit is a vehicle.

Only In Death Does Duty End: If Chronus' Command Tank is destroyed and he survives, he may take command of another tank in the formation by embarking on it in the movement phase as if it were a transport vehicle. If the vehicle has no access points, then for this purpose treat one of the vehicle's top hatches as an access point. This vehicle then counts as the Squardon Command Tank. He may not voluntarily leave a vehicle.

"Identify your target. Concentrate your fire on it to the exclusion of all else. When it is destroyed,
    choose another target. That is the way to secure vistory" -Tactica Imperialis

Last edited by chrispcarter; January 28th, 2011 at 11:05. Reason: Cost changed from 150 to 100.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

I'm not sure this is 150 points. I'd knock the points down to 100. Otherwise, it looks pretty good

~ Acarna

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    339 (x8)

Re-reading the sheet I think I agree, the rule are good but would end up cost 15 pts per model assuming you took the maximum amount of tanks, which is unlikely. I'll knock it down to 100. Cheers!

+ Reply to Thread