Tzeentch Pink & Blue Horrors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

Tzeentch Pink & Blue Horrors

Since I've always loved the idea of pink and blue horrors, and hated the current rules for generic horrors, I've written some replacement rules. The logic behind these changes is as follows;

The current horrors are horrendously crap in combat and, despite what GW seems to have thought, their magic ability just hasn’t been worth stripping down their stats so much. :mad: So I’ve gone the other way, toning down their magic a bit and restoring some of their combat ability. More importantly, I’ve also reinstated the pink and blue horror system, because a) they’re more fun that way and b) that’s what horrors are all about!

____________M_WS_BS_S__T__W__I__A__Ld_Pts
    Pink Horror_4_4__0__4__4__1__3__2__8__18 (maybe 20/21?)
    Blue Horror_4_3__0__3__2__1__4__1__7__-

Unit Size: 10+

Options: May have flamers added as per the current rules.

Special Rules
    Daemonic

Multiply: When a Pink horror is killed, it is removed and replaced by two Blue horrors, these are added to the horrors unit and fill out the back ranks. Blue horrors do not create any other horrors if they are destroyed. If an enemy unit is in combat with both pink and blue horrors, attacks must be declared against pink or blue horrors before rolls to hit are made. Any Daemonic Instability tests are made on the leadership of the pink horrors. If there are no pink horrors remaining, only then is the leadership of the blue horrors used.

Spellcasters: Horrors have two spells they can cast, Uncontrollable mutation (same as in the Hordes of Chaos rulebook, but creates pink horrors) and Rainbow Fire of Tzeentch. Both are bound spells with a Power Level of 8 and may only be used if there is at least one Pink Horror remaining in the unit.

Rainbow Fire of Tzeentch: A magic missile with a range of 30?, range and line of sight are worked out from any model in the front rank. If cast successfully, it inflicts D6 strength 4 hits on the target unit.

Anyone got any thoughts on these rules? The only thing I'm not sure about is their points value. But I've looked at the daemons of other powers and they have much better stats already and their own special rules as well, for not much more points than horrors.

Last edited by Tzeentch_Lord; April 10th, 2005 at 18:49.
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, so Blue horrors no longer split into pink horrors? I thought they still did.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Blue horrors have never, ever, split into pink horrors!... :confused:
    Before the current Hordes of Chaos book was released, Pink horrors always used to split into two Blue horrors when they got killed. But now, there aren't even any pink or blue horrors. There's just Horrors, which don't split into anything. Kind of takes the fun out of having them really...
    But more importantly, are my new rules any good or not? :huh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah thats what I meant. I havent actually played an army with them in nearly six years. I always thought that was cool part of them but it explains why I havent seen them in a long time.

But yeah, I think they are decent rules, it is good that you did not over power them as is the tendency with creating troops.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

109 (x4)

Thanks man I didn't want them too powerful (none of the other current lesser daemons are overly powerful) and if they were stronger, tougher and faster, they'd cost far too many points to be viable as troops. I might try and playtest these rules soon, see if they hold up as workable rules.

+ Reply to Thread