Librarium Online Forums banner

Help on making a rule

2K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Zed 
#1 · (Edited)
hello hello hello , my chapter master witch in fluff has a helm that has built in short range flame throwers for close quarter fighting, im representing this in the game with a nightlord helmet, (kinda looks like dragon wings on there helms) could some one possibly help me in making a rule for the helmet? not something goddy but like a 5-15 point items that i would ask permission for using befor games or not use it at all?

Thanks

-Gingerfish

#2 ·
Maybe you could have it work like a striking scorpian's mandiblasters, give a strength bonus in combat. You'll have to ask someone with an eldar codex about points for one, though i'd say 5-10 would be fair.

permishin
It's spelled permission.

#5 ·
It would be pretty cool if it were like a Grey Knights holocost with the small blast template. Just make it a str 4, AP -. Greyknights power is stronger and and larger, so I figure ten points would even be expensive for what is is worth giving people a reason to let you take it.

#6 · (Edited)
Marcus_Prime said:
what if it was able to fire once during an assault phase, when engaged in combat, it would fire the same as a normal flamer,teplate and all. i don't know how many points it should cost though.
I like this idea much fluff could be weaved into,

Dragon's Gaze ~ 10 points

The helmet Given to the most respected and valued members of the Dragon Wing Chapter The Helmet has been modified with short range flamers to show the strength of the dragon, to represent this during the assualt phase the helmet may actavate its flame ability it has the same profile as a flamer, note this can be used only during the assault phase.

#8 ·
Might cause some problems with some people because combat isn't static, which is why you can't shoot into it normally. Maybe only let it be used on the charge or something and include some rule that the distance between the units is measured and the commander is the first to charge.

#9 · (Edited)
Marcus_Prime said:
this sounds like a pretty interesting chapter (you are makeing a chapter right?) would you care to share some more details?
Surely ^_^...

Karzil Morbid Chapter Master of the Dragon Wing has a strange type of war far I sapose the best way of explaining it would to take the gene seeds of Primarch Vulkan and Corax and putting them into a single marine, his forces combined speed with fierce fire tecnology, pyrocy the art of fire wielding is highly respected with in the ranks of the chapter and only the most honorable and talented marines are granted the sacred flamers, and metlaguns of the chapter. Many of the dragon wing has been sighted useing large groups of assault squads, tho they prefer to be called Dragon Wing's. They swoop down with grace and fierce speed unleashing flamers and meltaguns onto the enemy flanks burning and incenerating there forces befor rushing them in close quarter fighting. On another note there have been no recoreds of there chapter ever using dreadnoughts, death to them in a graceful and honorable thing and to die in the blaze of battle is one of the greater pleasures in life, instead they have taimed large dragon like creatures, there origin is unknown using them like dreadnoughts and land speeders swooping into battle and unleashing nova blasts and fire apon the ranks of infentry cremating them in place.

There Power Armour is litterd with large teeth and talons most likely from the dragons they have trained , The colors of there base power armour is a Fiery red, with gold highlights in some areas, The Dragon's of Morbid and Karzil him self are fitted with black power armour tho Karzil is fitted with Artificer armour, there helmet are the same fiery red as there lower ranking officials.

The title of chapter master is no longer used by Karzil Morbid instead he adopted the name Dragon Master Karzil Morbid, he and his most prized warriors known as the Dragon's Of Morbid lead every battle and facing Karzil and his men in close quarters is like facing a dragon in the essence, equipt with Dragon Claws and The Dragon's Gaze he is both a legend in pyrocy and deadly in close quarters.

Notable information

Dragon Claws ~ Lighting Claws crafted in the heat of a dragons flame, given to Karzil by Vulkan as the chapters formation gift.

Dragon's Gaze ~ Given to the most valued and skilled warriors of the chapter the dragons gaze has short range flamers built into them to give the wielder the ability to "Breath Fire" at short ranges

End Transmition

#12 ·
glue a bolter to his leg (holstered), and call it a single lightning claw! Oh, also you could cut a tank off a flamer and stick it on the backpack or at the hip without the bolter. Run some guitar wire from the tank to both sides of the helm, and with some nozzels, it ought to work fine. Read the section in gw on making flame, and you could mabe model fire coming out o the nozzels! That can't be argued with.

#13 ·
well he has duel lighting claws for a reason :p ^_^ but i will definitly look at the gw flame thing because i think it would look SYCK (kool way of spelling sick lol) to have flamers comming out of his helm :D

#15 ·
i dont like the look of a chapalin :(, could i say my guys a chapalin and him still ahve the same gear and same look?, the plan is to take a night lord head a body (probebly a assault squad vet ( or the boxed commander) and put a jump pack on him, i guess i could save points putting him as a chapalain getting the free 4+ inv save, where dose it say capalins get to reroll?

#16 · (Edited)
ahh i see :p botton of the chapalin entry :p

so how dose this look

Dragon Master Karzil Morbid 231
Rosarius
Dragon claws (Master crafted lighting claws)
artificer armour
Jump pack
Dragon's Gaze 10 pts(special rule :p)
frag gernades
Melta bomb
terminator honours

Purity Seals

#22 ·
back to the point of a home-made rule..

what you could do is a da flamer/combiflamer to him and for an extra Xpts. you could still fire it during your shooting phase even if you are locked in assault

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.