Movie Orks: Coming up with Stats - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Movie Orks: Coming up with Stats

Now, I came across an interesting thing on another forum that I frequent. We were talking about how there's rules for Movie Space Marines (something like a-gazillion points per squad or something along those lines, more then a poor kalku-grot could handle). So, we started talking about what the movie rules for orks would be.
    Now, the thread really never got off the ground, but I saw another reference to Movie Marines on here today, and it got me thinking...
    For turns 1-4, you get the benefit of the Meat Grinder rule, and all orks cost 5 points. Warbosses have S & T 10, and 7 W, and cost 100 points base. Whenever there is a single ork left in the squad, they gain +2 W, S, and T. Trukks have AV 8, carry an entire squad (regardless of squad size), and you get 1 free trukk for every 4 squads. All models have BS 1 and WS 6. For turns 1-5, all ork units may choose whether or not they are fearless. All orks have Xeno Fighter (Human). Includes all Imperial armies, and Chaos beakies.
    Now. These are completely pulled out of my squighole and completely unbalanced. BUT, I would love to see if we coudl actually turn this into something approaching the Movie Beakie rules.
    Imagine how fun it would be to play Movie Beakies vs Movie Orkz...
    Come on now, any ideas? ^_^

"Some days you're the Mekboy building the kannon, the rest you're the grot being blown up by it."
    - Quote attributed to Sorkrates, before his much mourned death due to ingestion of Hemsquig Juice.

"Dis iz my choppa, and herez me gun. Dat's for killin' and so'z dis one!"
    - Bloodaxe Kommando Warchant

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

See, movie marines can actually be beaten because there is only 10 men in a beefed up rhino in 1500p. Can your movie orks be beaten? I think not.

Movie orks...is the point of making tons and tons of them or making their stats good? I know, whatabout both? I think these rules are fantastic, as you get lots of decent stat orks, and it is somewhat balanced like movie marines. And you don't have any of those unfluffy shooting things. Why would orks bother sitting back and shooting?

Boss
    Points.....Ws..Bs..S...T...W..I...A...Ld..Sv
    ..100.......4....2...5...6....5..2...4...10...6+

Powerfist.

Must have a retinue of 10 movie orks and a trukk

Movie Orks
    Points.....Ws..Bs..S...T...W..I...A...Ld..Sv
    ....4.........4....2...4...4...2...2..4...7...6+
    squad size: 20

2 Choppas, extra attacks already accounted for in profile.

Must be in a trukk.

Trukk
    100p. Indestructable (those orks can make anything move).

Battle Wagon
    180p. AV14 all around. BS2.

2 Twinlined Big Kannons. S6 + D6 to maximum S10. AP2. Heavy 1.

Rulez: At the start of each turn, each ork unit takes a ld test. If the unit fails each ork is hit with 4A at WS4 and S4 to represent them fighting themselves. Also if the test is failed the trukk does not move that turn.

This would mean you take the boss and 10 orks in their trukk, 120 orks in 6 trukks, and a battlewagon in 1500p. But since the trukks won't move when they're attacking themselves, it's...for a lack of a better word...balanced.
    Last edited by onlainari; June 22nd, 2005 at 08:26.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invulnerable Trukk?!?! I think that a direct hit with a volcano cannon would take care of that problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

represents the trukkz skillz in dodging such volcano cannon fire. plus, orks can make anything move.
    is that the only problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread