IG VDR mechs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IG VDR mechs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG VDR mechs

For a long time i've liked the sentinels, But have always urned for more. I want heavily armed mechs. I don't want a dreadnaught or anything, i just think a sentinel with 2 arms and weapons on each one would look soo cool. the design i came up with was a sentinel, with a twin-linked heavy bolter on each arm. it came out to about 95 points i belive. I know forgeworld has some heavy sentinel thing, but it is basically a wirlwind launcher on a recon unit, wich doesn't make any sense. I always thought the sentinel didn't have enough firepower, it doesn't make sense to have such a sofisticated machine, with such little armament. anyways, what do you think?

Armor: 10 all around
    BS 3

weapons: 2 twin-linked heavy bolters (6 dice with re-rolls)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't 2 twin-linked heavy bolters just give you two dice, with rerolls available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I don't like this idea. I'm not putting it down or anything. I mean if it works for you that great but I wouldn’t want to put that much firepower on such a flimsy platform. Armor 10 all around = easily destroyed.
    "Official! The graves of warriors who have given thier lives for the Emperor now outnumber the stars themselves."

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

To find something similar to this, you'd have to look at my minature titan post. I would say something like this

Defender_________________________________90 pts + weapons
    Front Side Back
    12 11 10 or
    13 10 10
    Squadron :1-3

Options: Must take one of the following twin linked weapons: Flamers +5, CCW +5 Heavy Bolter +10, Autocannon +20, Multi Laser +20, Lascannon +30. May take an addional missile launcher for +20 pts.

May be equiped with vehicle upgrades from the Imperial Gaurd Armory, except those marked as unavailable by sentinels.

As the vehicle is very advanced you may add targeting sensors for +1 BS for 30 pts, or ablative armor for a +1 to (front for first set of armor, or sides for second) for an additional 20 pts.
    Three Companies of the 26th Vinancium
    143rd Airborne Badgers (99.9% done)
    159th Corsair Rifles (35% done))
    69th Armored Wall Busters (95% done)

Total 197 men, 12 tanks, 4 Heavy Artillery Pieces

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vdr

i think that you should up the armour to 11 11 10 and realy dulk up the sentinal modle but with that it would work well

maby not 2 twin weapons but haveing 2 weapons is a walkers strength (aka war walkers)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harbish
    Wouldn't 2 twin-linked heavy bolters just give you two dice, with rerolls available?
    No, you are mistaken for normal bolters. Heavy bolters are the 'Machine Guns' that fire 3 shots, so two twin-linked heavy bolters would give you 6 shots with rerolls for misses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like light armored fast moving and hard hitting units, maybe a bit more armor on the front would be a good idea, and the sentinel is gonna be very different looking when i'm done with it i'll try to post pics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser117
    No, you are mistaken for normal bolters. Heavy bolters are the 'Machine Guns' that fire 3 shots, so two twin-linked heavy bolters would give you 6 shots with rerolls for misses.
    Ah yes I was being dumb there.

+ Reply to Thread