Deep Strike. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deep Strike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Deep Strike.

I checked back through the forums and hope this isnt redundant but....I have noticed a problem with a rule.

High in the atmosphere the Thunderhawk gunnship cruised along before disengaging a Land Speeder and pulling back into orbit.
    The pilot controlled the Speeder with skill but a burst of flak from a Hydra battery forced him to deviate from trajectory, coming closer to the battlefield where his Battle Brothers fought he pulled up over a squad of Imperial Guard, unfortunatly within 1" and disappeared at once doing nothing whatsoever to the Guardsmen he landed on and simply evaporating.

WHY does this happen? any thoughts?

I am going to introduce a House rule by which you cannot mark a point for DS within 6" of an enemy model (to prevent speeder bombs) but IF you do deviate the squad you land on should get a free shot at you which if they immobilise/destroy/stun you with you are shot down and explode ordnance template, wounds on a 4+ ap5.

Any thoughts on this?

Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

I'm thinking maybe viehicles just shouldn't be destroyed. Normal units should, but not tanks and speeders and stuff.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or hard enough models, cuz it's not like a Guardsman will pull up an umbrella to shield himself from the giant Drop pod falling on top of him (Wile E Coyote-style).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by MagicJuggler
    Or hard enough models, cuz it's not like a Guardsman will pull up an umbrella to shield himself from the giant Drop pod falling on top of him (Wile E Coyote-style).
    Drop Pods are an exception anyway, I was thinking more along the lines of a unit deep struck onto got a free round of shooting perhaps.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

+ Reply to Thread