turtle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: turtle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

turtle

could you guys help me develop rules for my war turtle? its here, http://www.librarium-online.com/gall...6&goto=next&c=

forgot to say, plz respond, thanks!

Last edited by Luckyz980; August 15th, 2005 at 05:26. Reason: thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

I don't know the statline for the Stegadon but the easiest way to use your turtle on the tabletop would be to count it as a Stegadon. If you do put a howdah on it (check that other thread) then it would work fine. The problem with creating new rules is that opponents are always wary about them because they're "not balanced". I myself have created two Warhammer Fantasy army lists but I ditched them both because I would never get to play them anyway. Making rules is fun but since you've already made the model I'm assuming you'll want to play with it, and the easiest way to do that is to use rules for a similar monster.

If you're really serious about making new rules you could at least base it on the Stegadon ones. I'm not a Lizardmen player and, like I said, I don't know the Stegadon's rules, but I'd suggest lowering its Movement to 6 (unless it's already 6, in which case leave it but make it so the turtle can't inflict impact hits on a charge), increase its armor save (unless it's already something crazy like 2+), and generally just fool with other stats that seem appropriate (like Initiative). You could also allow your turtle to move through impassible water terrain (since turtles swim and anything on its back would be above the waterline), though this would raise the ire of most players since impassible is meant to be impassible to all.

+ Reply to Thread