New Test Rule - Ramming. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

New Test Rule - Ramming.

"When S.O. Karskov realized that this was a highly usefull potential in vehichle combat,
    he instituted battering rams on all his transports, the technology was superior, having
    large fluxes of energy, they would crackle and if hit on target, would make an awesome
    explosion."

Battering Rams
    Range: (contact only) S - 8 , AP - 4, Assault 2.

How to use: When assaulting with any type of transport or vehichle, use the representative
    ballistic skill - to transfer to WS. Move model into contact and determine if attacking
    vehichle hits or not, use strength of battering ram and roll a d6, d6 + str and use
    the glancing/penetrating hits. If the opposing vechichle is hit, roll on charts after
    doing so, use a scatter dice set to see how far the opposing vehichle is pushed.

Well I thought this was a good rule and it seems like its reasonable, what do you
    guys think? Do you think it could serve a purpose in house battles?

-HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Treadhead with a Chainaxe Kaiser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Two things. A ramming rule would negate the Armoured Company doctrine that allows you to attemt to run over enemy troops. It would also negate the Ork Speed Freak upgrade 'Crusher' which basically does the same thing. There is also the option to tank shock an enemy squad.

As for ramming other vehicles, I could see how this works. Howerver, attacking vehicles aren't determined by WS, it's determined by how far it's moved. No movement means automatic hit, 1-6" means you hit on 4+, and 6"+ movement means you need 6's to hit.

How can a battering ram be assault 2? How does it make sense? Does the ramming vehicle back of and hit it again in the assault phase? I say leave it as one attack, it makes more sense to me atleast.

This also belongs in the rules development section. I like the idea though, but it doesn't seem like something the IG would do. This idea just screams out 'Ork' to me.
    Last edited by Kaiser; August 20th, 2005 at 02:46.
    #lochat, irc.quakenet.org
    World Eaters, Kaiser Style < Old thread. No ressurecting!
    Late War Schwere Panzerkompanie, Kaiser Style < Don't ressurect this either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I just wish that there was a better rule for tank shock. I mean, passing a leadership test to jump out of the way sounds a bit silly to me. I would prefer if it were something like this:

Each model in a unit that is tank shocked must roll an Initiative test. If this test is failed then the model suffers a ST 5 AP 5 hit. This would show that getting out of the way quickly is more than just having someone yell "lookout!". It would also represent that a tank has a lot of brute force, but not so much in the way of armor penetration. In other words a Marine is likely to survive this hit, whereas a Guardsman is not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

Ah yes, only a test rule and what not yeah I think assault 1 should work. So
    basically saying about the movement, The faster you've moved the harder it should
    hit? or am I getting this totally wrong?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

I understand where you are coming from and I think I like the idea. Assault 1 would be ok as a label I guess, but I think that it might not really be pertinent since you already have to move to make it work.

I think that adding more damage depending on how fast it moves would be just a tiny little bit overkill. It might complicate matters more than really need to be. There are already people out there that complain that this game is too complicated already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x4)

Yeah, its a cool idea. At GW they had house rules, to throw asteroids with scatter dice.
    it was in a combat death arena. I think ramming should be used only with 6" in movement.
    any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread