Codex: Atlanteans - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Codex: Atlanteans

Thousands of years ago, during the aftermath of the Horus Heresy, a planet was dicovered near the rim of the Segmentum Tempestus. The humans that settled there were amazed by the giant jungles of vines and strange weed like trees, and massive oceans of the planet. One of the Magos Biologis teams deemed it easily habitable, with the planet seeming to have no real predators. It was named Atalntis, after the mythical paradise in early Terran myth.

Soon there were several thousand humans on the planet, and their troubles began. The humans began to suffer from a deadly plague that had reduced the population to about a thousand. The surviving Magos Biologis teams fled, leaving the inhabitants for dead, and the planet was left alone, after being titled uninhabitable by the Magos Biologis.

A tsunami of massive proportions took place on the surface of this planet soon after. As the levels of the oceans rose, so did the predators that were hiding in the ocean floors. Krakens, giant predatory squid and sharks the size of land trains all began to torment the humans that were retreating from the waters that continued to rise. As they slowly but surely climbed the mountains, they discovered traces of salt in the mountains. Apparently, this tsunami was a yearly event.

So, they went on like this for several years, living in the icy crags during the Tsunami, and climbing down to the jungles during the dry season. However, after several generations, evolution went awry. The inhabitants began to grow fins and gills. Some could even live underwater. And so the population eventually came to live in the water, building great fortresses in the sea where they could defend themselves from krakens and other monsters of the deep. During the annual tsunami, they rose towards the the surface of the planet, hunting the giant forests of kelp that are usually above sea level. They developed advanced spear weaponry to hunt and defend themselves. They had become an entirely new race, the Atlanteans.

The Atlanteans have lived in harmony for thousands of years, though they are having a population explosion right now. They have begun to build spacecraft and populate the oceans of several nearby planets, building large spaceports in the icy peaks of the planet. They have refined their spear weaponry to be to be deadly in and out of the water, their warriors are perhaps some of the finest, and they have developed the technology to breathe out of water. They control a large empire, and though they bear no ill will towards the Imperium, the same cannot be said for the Imperium...

If you guys like the fluff, Ill make up some rules for these guys.

Last edited by Scuba T; September 7th, 2005 at 00:53.
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

"Your kid puked on me. I should get extra marks for that."
    -Jess Norgaard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

So your saying, a colony thousands strong was established within a year, and then your saying within that exact same year there happened to be a Warp Storm?

Seems very.....covenient.

How is there a jungle if it gets flooded by the sea every year?

Where do they build their launch pads?

I have no problem with the Atlanteans themselves though.
    Last edited by Addoran; September 9th, 2005 at 17:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, well Ive fixed the fluff up a bit. Heres a basic trooper for the Atlanteans.

Hunter: 9 pts.
    Ws:4
    Bs:4
    S: 3
    T: 3
    W: 1
    A: 1
    Ld: 8
    Sv: +5

unit: 1 Gatherer and 4-15 hunters
    Weapons: A hunter is armed with a hunting spear.

Options: One hunter may purchase a harpoon launcher at +15 pts. One hunter may purchase a speargun at +10 pts. Upgrade one hunter to be a gatherer at +15 pts. He gains +1 Ws and +1 Ld

Special Rules

WaterBorne: Atlanteans are born in the water, and most spend their whole lives in it. Hunters do not need to roll for difficult terrain when crossing water. A unit of hunters gains a 4+ cover
    save while in water terrain.

Speargun: A speargun counts as a CCW and may be fired with the following profile: S:4, AP:5, Rapid Fire, Rng 18'

Harpoon Launcher: A harpoon launcher may be fired with the following profile: S:7, Ap:3, Heavy 1, Rng 30'

Speargun: A speargun counts as a CCW and may be fired with the following profile: S:6, Ap:5, Assault 1, Rng 30'
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

-Jess Norgaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, more fluff and a leader for the army. !

All humans posses the psychic gene, and the Atlanteans are no exception. However, instead of being hunted down and killed, they are instead elevated to positions of power, where they recieve advanced training from other psykers, and together they form one of the two ruling castes of Atlantean Society. They are not tainted by Chaos, due to the fact that Atlanteans are fully developed psykers, and are trained to shield themselves from the daemons of the Warp.

HQ
    0-1 Seer: 75 pts.
    Ws:4
    Bs:4
    S:4
    T:4
    I:5
    A:2
    W:3
    Ld:10
    Sv:4+

Weapons: A seer is armed only with psychic powers with which to fight.

Special Rules:

Psy Weaponry: A Seer rolls 1d3 at the start of each turn to see which close combat weapon he is armed with. Consult the following chart.

1: Psy Blade: The Seer creates an ethereal wepon which can cut through the strongest of armor like a hot knife through butter. He counts as being armed with a two-handed power weapon that ignores invulnerable saves. This does NOT count as a C'tan phase weapon.
    2: Ethereal Blade: Temporarily binding a daemon into a small combat knife, the Seer is filled with battle rage. On a roll of six to hit in CC, he gains an extra attack.
    3: Warp Shield: Though not an actual weapon, a shield crafted from the power of the Warp is a dangerous thing. The Seer loses all attacks for that combat phase, but each time the Seer is hit in the shooting phase or CC, the enemy takes a single strength 6 hit.
    Psy Razor: The Psy razor is a psychic power used in the shooting phase. No psychic test is needed. Use the following profile: S:5, Ap:5, Rng:24, Assault 2

So whaddya think?
    Last edited by Scuba T; September 10th, 2005 at 00:31.
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

-Jess Norgaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay. Thanks for helping me, so I'm going to help you. Heres a few things. A psykers powers come directly from the warp. Chaos is the corruption of the warp. If they had evolved psykers, who could actually beat the beasts of the materium, they'd have to be beyond even alpha. This would be a dangerous kiler against 4+ armor chars, with his psy razor. It'll shred IG and SM scouts. You should raise the price From here, the mutation would cause them to be without much technology, so they will require much power from their mutations. May i suggest that, somewhat like the fleshless in Dead Sky, Black Sun, they have very underdeveloped minds when it comes to outside of combat. The leader-atlanteans are the ones with weaker mutation, so their minds werent so severely crippled, but the genral-atlanteans would just be like super-muscle. They should be a fast moving, but mainly footslogging army, with a bit of old weaponry as heavy choices. For your hunter, you have made it an extremely good model. Gatherers are a bit too expensive though. Here's my suggestion, with a new name for gatherers.

Hunter 9Pts
    Ws: 4
    Bs: 3
    I: 1
    Ld: 7
    Sv: 6+
    Weapon: Coral Hunters Spear
    Special abilities: Primal hunting. As as Atlanteans, they may move extremely fast through cover, and are able to hide well. If they are moving through difficult, they automatically get 6's, and if it is marshy, or aquatic terrain, it counts as if they rolled 2d6. If they do not move or take any action in their turn, they are considered as if out of line of sight. This does not count if they are pinned.

Gatherer 10 Pts.
    Ws: 3
    Bs: 4
    Sv: 5+
    Weapon: Iron Harpoon Gun S4, 18", Assault 1. Counts as CC wep.
    Special: Primal hunting. As as Atlanteans, they may move extremely fast through cover, and are able to hide well. If they are moving through difficult, they automatically get 6's, and if it is marshy, or aquatic terrain, it counts as if they rolled 2d6. If they do not move or take any action in their turn, they are considered as if out of line of sight. This does not count if they are pinned.
    You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    War Titans for 40k. Muahahahaha! They'd be like 50,000 points.
    (This rambling brought to you by too much Caffiene)
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

I don't understand the Primal Hunting ability. Is it they ignore difficult terrain (you said they always count as rolling a six, so same thing....), but you said they move 2d6 in marsh and water? And if they don't move or take any action in ANY terrain( or just aquatic/marsh) they count as out of los?

I agree with Gerowshow that they should be BS 3.... I have a few problems with the fluff, but I think those can be worked out eventually. Considering how quickly the people mutated, I'd say that the area has a strong concentration of warp energy....

They warp field bility needs to be changed. It should be: Any model that hits the seer takes a S6 hit. The WS and I stats aren't needed- the I stat because it will hit at the same time as the enemy, and the WS stat because how can the field miss?

Also, if they hunters are strong, then maybe give them s4....
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the whole marsh/water part of Primal Hunting refers to them swimming or wading through the water.
    Ok, I have a bit of fluff for the hunters, as well as a stat-line repair

Hunters are the warriors of Atlantean society. They are very strong warriors in close combat, but are cursed with weakened minds, due to the Atlanteans' DNA pool becoming less and less human with each generation.
    Hunter 9 Pts
    Bs: 0
    S: 4
    I: 3
    Sv: 6+
    Units: 4-14 Hunters, 1 Gatherer

Weapon: Coral Hunters Spear
    Special abilities: Primal hunting. As as Atlanteans, they may move extremely fast through cover, and are able to hide well. If they are moving through difficult terrain, they automatically get 6's, and if it is marshy, or aquatic terrain, it counts as if they rolled they gain the fleet of foot rule. If they do not move or take any action in their turn, they are considered as if out of line of sight. This does not count if they are pinned.
    ~~~~~|\~~~~
    shark in the water

-Jess Norgaard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So gatherers in my changed idea are okay? And Hunters and Gathers shouldnt mix. Here's some more ideas.

Hq-
    Darkblood - This is a heavily mutated creature, very rare in each generation, as it's mutations are generations ahead of the current generation. 115 Points
    Ws: 5
    S: 5
    T: 5
    A: 3
    I: 7
    W: 4
    Ld: 9
    Weapons: Razor Fins (Power Weapon), Breath of the Water Dragon (Flamer template, S5 Ap 5 Assault 1)
    Rules:
    Rule by Fear: Any units that break will automatically rally after running, as their fear of the Darkblood is much more than their fear of death.
    Blood of the Water Dragon: This creature has Regeneration
    Death throes: They go into a death frenzy when they die, dealing a S7 hit with no armor saves to any model within a small blast template when he dies.
    May choose 2 Mutation Heritage powers (Just a possibility for now)
    Elites -
    Brutes: These are extremely powerful, but with little mind capacity. 29 Points
    S: 4
    T: 4
    A: 2
    I: 4
    W: 2
    Weapon: Iron Hunting spear
    Rules: Stubborn
    Special abilities: Primal hunting. As as Atlanteans, they may move extremely fast through cover, and are able to hide well. If they are moving through difficult terrain, they automatically get 6's, and if it is marshy, or aquatic terrain, it counts as if they rolled they gain the fleet of foot rule. If they do not move or take any action in their turn, they are considered as if out of line of sight. This does not count if they are pinned.
    You know what would really be scary? Yeah. I know that you know that i know that you know that i know what i'm thinking:
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

The wordings for Primal Hunting is still akward... So you always counting as rolling a 6 for difficult terrain (which is the same as ignoring it...) and gain fleet in marshes and aquatic terrain? I understand the out of LOS part, though...
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, they probably wont have vehicles in their army, so they have to be fast. Wording is akward, but i din't know how to word the fleet of claw with the ignoring difficult terrain.
    -
    W/D/L
    Space Marines - 1/0/0
    Night Gobbos - 1/0/0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast