Stealthy Mechanised Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stealthy Mechanised Space Marines

Alright, I am right now working on my Legio Nemesis, a renegade chapter. They are a stealthy chapter, but having Salamander geneseed, and since Salamanders were their mentors, they have buildt a nice armoury. They love smithing Necrodermis, the stuff Necrons are made from. Don't say that it is impossible, I've got my fluff covered. Necrodermis is simply a very strong and flexible metal. So it's smithable. http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ad.php?t=52862 (Legio Nemesis fluff)

I am gonna stuff DE bits on them, since they use Trust your battlebrothers. Fluffwise these are retractable Necrodermis claws...

They have See, but not seen, because they are stealthy... Problem... Fluffwise they have a big armoury. So I can't take a major disadvantage. They have a lot Dreadnoughts and Terminators. They have a lot bikes and landspeeders. They have a lot tanks.

I could solve it with using three companies, the no-elite army, the no-fastattack army, or the no-tankarmy... But it doesn't sound good...

Do you guys have any ideas about selfmade disadvantages? Maybe the forges make only the best? Only landspeeders, terminators, landraiders and dreadnoughts? Because they put a lot of resources into research?

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Phobovores - Forever lost in all eternity...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

You mean they actually take Xenos technology and mix it with their holy armour of Terra?

How about making your flaw that they're declared Hereticus. They can take no Librarians or Techmarines (as Techmarines are trained by the Adeptus Mechanicus, and there's no way the AM would permit experiments with filthy xenos tech.) Additionally, your Space Marines may never take an ally from any Imperial-aligned supplement, like Daemon Hunters/Witch Hunters/etc. Additionally, Inquisitors and their retinues in enemy armies will hate your army and always hit them on a 3+ in close combat.

How's that sound?

Tokyo 3, wrecking your buildings and killing your "dudes". No, actually, the Netherlands...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really like to keep my HQ as complete as possible... or I have to throw away all my artwork...

...and I have putted a lot of time in that pencildrawing...

edit: fluffwise, my space marines didn't care too much about imperial teachings... They sended their techies just to keep the Inquisition at bay.

They are already declared Hereticus
    Last edited by TehDarkPredator; December 21st, 2005 at 14:21.

Open your mind, for the forbidden, unholy and dreadful knowledge of a Fluff Master...

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Techies and Librarians could stay in chapter, anyways. If they don't care about the imperial creed and stuff, though, then you would have a hard time justifying chaplains... (well, not really now that I think about it... I mean, they are the spiritual advisors and that doesn't necessarily mean heavy religion...)

As they are taken from the Salamanders, I don't think land speeders would fit well... (but then again, neither does them being stealthy). There's just a lot of conflicting things.... The stealthyness would mean less tanks, but the smithiness would mean more tanks. Hmm... I think Flesh over steel would work well with them as a drawback- it doesn't affect dreds and terms (of whom would likely be most affected by the smithiness) and it lowers the number of tanks (stealthiness) without completely removing them. Also, the stealthy ones wouldn't need transports.

They way I'd recommend doing the smithy trait is giving people lots of wargear and stuff that isn't normally used- like thunder hammer with vet sarges instead of powerfists.

As for the necrodermis, good luck findng some. Its a material created by the crons so its really rare. ( on another note, it also dices through anything, so maybe you can add the C'Tan phase sword to your armory for around +25 points or so.) Hmmm.... Maybe all the marines have some necrodermis integrated into their armor, but the amount changes depending on how high in the chapter the person is- like scouts would have none, tacs would have a tiny bit, and the chapter master would have nearly a full suit of it. Maybe also add some fluff that they found a destroyed tomb world damaged so much that the necrons could not awaken and so they took that necrodermis that the necrons were made of and thats what they smith.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by TehDarkPredator
    edit: fluffwise, my space marines didn't care too much about imperial teachings... They sended their techies just to keep the Inquisition at bay.

They are already declared Hereticus
    If they're declared Hereticus, why would the Imperium keep training them? Once you're declared Hereticus, you're out. There's nothing you can do to keep the Inquisition at bay- the declaration of Hereticus is made because they want to get rid of you.

You can still have techmarine-looking guys. Just treat them as sergeants with power fists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the fluff explanations, you should read my fluff topic, link is in the first post...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the solution. I dump the Bikes(Also Scout Bikes) and Attack Bikes entirely out of the list... and no restriction on Landspeeders...

Sounds fair?

An edited version of Eye To Eye...
    Last edited by TehDarkPredator; January 15th, 2006 at 18:22.

+ Reply to Thread