Ogryns Galore - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ogryns Galore

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

7 (x1)

Ogryns Galore

I don't know if I'm the only one or not, but I love the Ogryns... not so much the way they play, but just the models and small bit of fluff they have.

I was thinking the other day of an excuse to get more of them, and remembered that in the Catachan codex they count as a troop choice. Now, unfortunately, you're limited to 0-1, but that got me wondering...

What would an all-Ogryn army look like? Obviously it wouldn't be "legal" but it would be fun to play with against a friend.... I

Normal Ogryn squads for troop choices, but you would need an upgraded Bone 'ead to serve as the HQ, and it would probably be fitting to give him 1-3 Ogryns as bodyguards, which could be upgraded to Bone'eads themselves. They might even be allowed to take a commissar subject to the normal advisors rule. This would allow them to use chimeras and whatnot.

I'm not sure what you would take for Elites and Heavies, though... droptrooping/deepstriking Ogryns similar to stormtroopers? What about Fast Attack?

Help! :tongue:

2. Remove Advertisements

I know the pieces fit.
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

4 (x1)

I really appreciate the way that Ogryn contrast on the battlefield with the rest of an Imperial Guard army. What I don't appreciate, is that their stats really aren't worth the amount of points that they cost.

At 25 points a model, they incredibly ineffective when compared to other "Assault" units such as Grey Knights, which incidently cost the same amount of points and can be added as allies.

I personally own a full squad of them, but I haven't used them since the "Rhino" rush tactic was removed from the game. When they could assault out of a Chimera, they were still a viable choice, but since they are now forced to foot slog to the enemy, they are nearly useless.

Their only possible role currently, is as a countercharging unit, yet Rough Riders fill the countercharging role much more sufficiently.

Worlds Collide

+ Reply to Thread