deathwatch alternatives - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

deathwatch alternatives

Ok i know this should be in rulesd develoment but hey, I think and play (when agreed and argued and agreed) that in a killtea you should be able to take any special character from any chapter. I.e. Raven guard deathwatch taking ezekial or mephiston (painted different)veer ver slightly)) would you in any case consider this rule?

The commandments of the space marines
    1) thou shalt not put a 'honk if u think im sexy sticker on the sisters rhino
    2)C-3P0 is NOT a necron ambasador
    3) thou shalt not ask a banshee, to karaoke
    4)thou shalt not ask the inquisition to bring down the exterminatus on you ex-wife

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Personally, no. Killteam is a fairly fluffy game ans special characters houldn't be there any way, but thats not here nor there, but taking (for example) Dante in a space wolf killteam just screams foul play.

For one, in such small games special characters own for a start, but when you combine one chapters strength with another you cross the line on whats true and fair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptShrike
    Ok i know this should be in rulesd develoment but hey, I think and play (when agreed and argued and agreed) that in a killtea you should be able to take any special character from any chapter. I.e. Raven guard deathwatch taking ezekial or mephiston (painted different)veer ver slightly)) would you in any case consider this rule?
    Do you mean the mini game "Kill Team" or the unit "Deathwatch Kill-team"? The answer is no in both cases, but for different reasons.
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

lol

sob* i loved playin that rule, my friend uses eldar phoenix lords for his
    4)thou shalt not ask the inquisition to bring down the exterminatus on you ex-wife

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know you can still do it if you feel like it, no ones stopping you, i let my friend take four grey kngiht terminators and captain stern in a kill team and i ended up winning (2 against 1 , it was hilarious)
    “Krump first, assk qweztions neva'!"- 3000 Orks
    5/4/2
    Dark Eldar- 1500 1/0/0
    "the very gods for vengeance cry”- 3000 Dwarves
    3/1/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Well if you read captain shrike info published in a white dwarf I fogot the # but it explains how he and the remains of his company or chapter or whatever and he conducted hit and runs and raids on critical locations. Sounds like a kill team to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

Hmm

That is a good point, And i ment a deathwatch kill-team unit, not the mini-game (sorry bout that) it sounds cool, 5 deathwatch members breaking into some high - security cryo bay with ezekial keeper of the keys leading them, its really imaginative and is what could probably happen in 40k, like Sam fisher leads the navy seels in splinter cell, or masterchief leads the mairnes in halo, it sounds like a crack commando groupW kill team lead by a top character model

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offence but that is a stupid idea. One Deathwatch are made from everychapter that is able to send marines. Two why would a special character want to leave his chapter for a long time and be in service of the =I=, this would mean he isnt in charge. Three if a leader like Dante left or Grimnar left who would lead? I dont want to be mean when i say this but its just a dumb idea. And my last question would be why would Ezkiel want to be in a raven guard kill team?

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -39 (x0)

arghhhhhhh

no one understands me! ffs im not an idiot (:shifty: ) obviously not a chapter master thats insane! but in small, non competitive, sunday afternoon games where you want to try something original and fun i play this. And it wouldnt be a Raven Guard kill team, your saying the Raven Guard own the kill team!?:wacko: a kill team is a group of elite alien hunters who are there to serve crack missions behind the enemy lines. They are called from the chamber militant when war escalates passed a certain point and are lead by the DW captain, not Raven guard themselves!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And it wouldnt be a Raven Guard kill team, your saying the Raven Guard own the kill team!?:wacko
    Actually, you said that:
    I.e. Raven guard deathwatch taking ezekial or mephiston (painted different)veer ver slightly))
    And the scenario you described above sounds more like like a kill-team minigame scenario with a unit of dark angels lead by Ezekiel.

You are a bit incoherent... :unsure:
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot.
    The other 2% are smart enough to question the 'science' behind that number...
    And it's spelled EMPEROR!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast