Why do vehicles s**k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do vehicles s**k

Me and my friends have been seriuosly ticked about how easy it is to take down a tank literally the size of a small bunker with one lucky shot. So we began to try and think about new rules that could be instituted to keep these costly things alive. we thought that maybe introducing a rule similar to structure points would be good our thoght was one structure point for each 2 points of AV after 10 on the strongest side rounded up. What do you think is this overpowered? reallyb Im just sick of loosing 200+ vehicle to a troop transported weapon.

"They shall all taste OBLIVION!,.....which tastes like Red Bull, which is disgusting."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Agreed, that does suck but vehicles can do so much more.

Adding structure points is a bad idea IMO, thats not the way to go about it. I would have some sort of inv. save for vehicles (to represent the sheer toughness of it).

If the total armour of a vehicle is 34 (counting the side once) it gets a 6+ toughness save that lets them prevent any damage done (i.e pss this save and you don't roll on the damage chart).

Anything with better armour gets a 5+ save.

Vehicles with AV10 all round never get to make a save.

Granted this will favour some vehicles over others (the monolith and falcon would need addressing) but it could work. Bump up a tanks value by maybe 10 or 20% and it should balance out.

Is that crazy of does it hold promise?

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

I think the Tanks are fine, you need to use them effectively, in many cases my Transports last till the end for late in the game.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I think the vehicle rules are fine, myself. Or at least, they don't really need structure points added on, and I don't much like the invulnerable save idea (though that IS unique and imaginative, which is good).

I once immobilised a Monolith with a marine-mounted lascannon (my first-ever full-fledged game *glee*), and I once had a dreadnought exploded by Necron Warriors (ended up taking two full squads to do it, apparently). I think by those examples the rules are fine. If your vehicles are dying too quickly, perhaps rethinking your strategies with them is in order? Vehicles, for all their toughness, are not (save for the monolith and the land raider, maybe) supposed to be rolling around at a leisurely pace in the middle of open ground.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I don't think people realise how incredibly powerful a lascannon or a Plasma cannon really is! It's perfectly reasonable that they can destroy tanks. Its because the St system is misleading. People look at space marines and think oh St4 isn't that much and St9 is only twice as powerful. But really St 4 is incredibly strong easily as strong as Space marines are in the background, (a space marine could kill a body armourmed Human with one blow.). as a result a Plasma cannon would be taking down houses if the buldings were built with present day materials.
    Even guardsman st3 is very strong in real terms incredible fit and well trained civilain would be st 1 or 2.

Thus tanks are tough enough as it is.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread