Rouge Pysker Stats... not the witch hunter one! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rouge Pysker Stats... not the witch hunter one!

Ok I got this idea from looking at the rules from the "Codex Wanderer" thread on here. I took it revamped it and made it my own. Some of it is still the same but I changed some and made alot up. I think its cool but I think it's underpriced but I'm not sure... can you guys help? So here goes...

Rougue Psyker
    Pts 115
    WS 3
    BS 3
    S 3
    T 3
    W 3
    I 3
    A 1
    Ld 8
    Sv 4+

Number/Squad Size:Unlimited

Wargear: Two Close Combat Weapons, Carapace Armor

Independent:
    Rouge Psykers are purchased as one HQ choice but operate independently during the game and are set up independently as such. Furthermore a Rouge Psyker is an independent character and follows all the relevant rules in the warhammer 40,000 rulebook.

Scared:
    Whenever a hit is scored in the shooting phase against the Rouge Psyker he must take a morale check. This is to show that the Psyker is just a normal person with psyker powers not a real soldier.

Untrained:
    The Psyker is susceptible to violent states of psychic outburst. At the beginning of each turn the controling player must roll 1d6 and consult the following chart:

1 - Power Surge - The Psyker psychic powers may not be prevented by any wargear (ie: Psychic hoods) and he gains a 5+ invulnerable saving throw until end of turn.

2 - Perils of the warp - The Psyker takes a perils of the warp test at double the strength rolled and all psykers within 32� must roll for perils of the warp.

3 - Temporal Gate- Roll 1d6 for all your units that are in reserve on a 4+ they are brought into play as per the Altered Reserves rule.

4 - Temporary loss of control - Roll 1d6 for all units under your control, that are in play, on a 4+ nothing happens. On a 1-3 place the units into reserves.

5 - Warp Comet - Place 1d6 S6 AP- small blast templates scattered 4d6 inches from the Psyker. Any direct hits scatter half the distance of the arrow on the hit circle.

6 - All Is Well - Nothing happens and the turn progresses as usual.

Psychic Powers:

The Rift
    The Psyker releases some of his potent powers to create a small rift leading to the warp. The Rift may be used in the shooting phase instead of firing a weapon. After taking a successfull psychic test you may choose one enemy unit anywhere within 18" and line of sight. If any unit hit by The Rift must take an immediate perils of the warp test. If the unit includes a psyker then the perils of the warp works as normal on one psyker out of the unit but if the unit does not include a psyker the unit's leader takes a perils of the warp test at double the strength rolled showing that he is not a psyker and cannot commprehend the power of the warp crushing his mind. Any unit suffering a death due to a perils of the warp on a non-psyker takes a morale check at -1 Leadership.

Slow Time
    The Psyker uses this power at the start of the movement phase by taking a successfull psychic test. One Chaos infantry unit within 6" and line of sight may move and charge at double their normal distance. The Psyker may do nothing else the turn this power is used.

Chaos Army Rules:
    The following rules work only if at least on Rouge Psyker is alive. Any models that are in reserve when the last Rouge Psyker dies may not enter the game through any means and count for victory points only if they are under half strength as per normal. If the game ends and there are units in reserve victory points are awarded if they are below half strength as usual.

Altered Reserves:
    The army sets up as per stated in the warhammer 40k rulebookfor the mission being played. Except that the reserve rule is altered as follows to represent the army's untrained psyker leader's lack of control. In a scenario where units are normally held in reserve any Rouge Psykers in the army are deployed weather the mission being played allows it or not. Any unit that must be held in reserve in the mission being played (except the Rouge Psykers) will be placed in reserve and rolling for their deployment will begin on the second turn as usual but will remain a 4+ to enter on each following turn. The units will not deploy from a board edge or deep strike as per normal instead they will be placed 2X 3d6 scatter from any one Rouge Psyker on the field, if a hit is scored the unit is placed 3d6 in the direction of the arrow of the hit. If the unit is to be deployed off the table instead place them at the table edge. If the unit is deployed on top of an enemy unit or within 1" they are not destroyed as per usual but instead count as starting a new combat and may not move or shoot and do not count as charging. If it is a tank that is deployed on top of or within 1" of a unit the unit takes an immediate tank shock. Any unit not succumbing to one of the above situations will be able to operate as normal the turn they come in.

Unstable Army:
    On the beginning of each Chaos players turn roll 1d6 for each Chaos unit and veichle on the field and each in reserve on a 4+ the unit comes into play if it was in reserve, if it is in play nothing happens. If the unit scores less than a 4+ and is in play it is removed from play and placed into reserve, if it is reserve nothing happens. When the unit is removed place a counter on the table to show where it will reappear when it comes back into play. Each unit must reappear where it disappeared (no swapping units/veichles). If the unit is locked in combat when it is put into reserve the enemy of the combat may only consolidate but may operate as normal in their following turn. If a unit that is brought into play from reserve comes into play within 1" of an enemy they are not destroyed as per usual but instead count as starting a new combat and may not move or shoot and do not count as charging. If it is a tank that is deployed on top of or within 1" of a unit the unit takes an immediate tank shock.

You can't deal with my infinite nature can you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, but you should make the reserves that are lost when the psyker dies always count for half-victory points, even if above half strength (Ulthwe strike force rules.) this prevents akward draws by killing the psyker first turn. alternatively, always give the psyker first turn. also, try making the save invulnerable. autopistol close combat weapon? is this for a chaos army? im assuming so.
    Last edited by Falamin; March 6th, 2006 at 21:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all yes it is meant for a Chaos army I'm sorry I didnt make it clearer. But on retrospect I suppose it could be used in an I.G., Chaos, or Space Marine Army. Chaos because they will be able to use untrained psykers to summon huge entities from the warp. I.G. because they might get a cult going to worship "He who maketh the Basilisk reappear on a elevated position."... lol... sorry I couldn't resist. Space Marines because they "Can harvest his power for good." I guess under that logic it could also be in radical Daemonhunter and Witchhunter armies. Under no means however could you use it with an alien race or a puritain Daemonhunter/Witchhunter list. That makes it a kind of widespread I guess which wasn't what I was going for originally but I really like the idea of a radical inquisitor trying to harness the power of a Rouge Psyker.

I like the idea for the half points for units that are in reserve when the rouge psyker dies. Giving him the first turn I think would balance out the half point reserve rule. I chose not to give him an invulnerable save on purpose to give #1 on the Untrained rule more of an impact. I also gave him the two close combat weapons on purpose. Read the following to understand what I was trying to get across but I do realize now that I guess it would be a little difficult to get that without me coming out and saying it.

Errata:
    Wargear: A wide assortment of sticks, wands, and staffs that the Rouge Psyker believes will help him keep his powers under control these all count as two Close Combat Weapons, Carapace Armor

I will add the new stuff in a new post and I'm also changing it so that units that come in from reserve will always do the scattering from the Psyker bit instead of the counter ordeal. Because the psyker has no control when they phase out but he does bring them back.
    You can't deal with my infinite nature can you?

+ Reply to Thread