Illidan in Warhammer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Illidan in Warhammer

This guy is not to be used in any game, but it is still a fun idea.

Anyone who is a Blizzard Games fdan, will understand who Illidan Stormrage is. And this is the list needed to make him.

Torso, head, and arms: Wood elf wardancer
    Swords: Two Howling Banshee Exarchs' blades.
    Wings: Chaos furies
    Legs: Tau Fire warrior
    Horns//hair tassel: Chaos Space Marines.

I take it you'd all know where to put what and how...

Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

And just to stimulate more conversation on the subject, here are some rules I made up.

bear in mind that I'm a primarly w40k gamer, but i'll do what I know is in FB
    STATS
    PTS-225, WS-8, W-4, I-7, Sv-5+, A-4
    INV: Blades of the firebrand, Warding mark.
    SPECIAL RULES:
    Mana burn
    Select a target character/regiment up to 8" away from Illidan, the target takes an S7 attack with no saves allowed. If the target has any magic ability, the first mage in the target group takes one wound and if still alive, may not cast spells until the end of their next turn. THis also disrups any channeling abilities.
    Immolation
    Instead of an attack, Illidan may charge a small blast marker around himself, damaging any enemy unit in the range with a S5 attack, only invulnerable saves are allowed and only one attack per turn may be used in this way.
    Evasion
    When attacked in any way except by magic, the attacker must roll a 6 to hit, or re-roll. And under a 4 will never hit him regardless of the skill of weapon use.
    BLADES OF THE FIREBRAND
    Illidan may re-roll failed rolls to wound
    WARDING MARK
    Gives Illidan a 5+invulnerable save to be taken instead of his armour save AT ALL TIMES. Also, when attacked by magic (assuming the attack was successful in casting), Illidan may roll a D6, on 6 the attack is negated for illidan only, any others affected by the attack are still affected as normal.
    Stigmartic fury
    If illidan kills a Daemon (or finishes off a regiment of demons), he is able to heal 1 wound and charge again as if it was his next turn.

This is total BS by the way. But doesn't it sum him up quite well?
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Believe it or not Illidan isnt a god. The stats you gave him look pretty crazy. I dont play fantasy, but ive heard S5 is pretty powerful. Make the manaburn attack only hit psykers and he wont be so uber

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by <E!_Mance>
    STATS
    PTS-225, WS-8, W-4, I-7, Sv-5+, A-4
    INV: Blades of the firebrand, Warding mark.
    SPECIAL RULES:

Mana burn
    Select a target character/regiment up to 8" away from Illidan, the target takes an S7 attack with no saves allowed. If the target has any magic ability, the first mage in the target group takes one wound and if still alive, may not cast spells until the end of their next turn. THis also disrups any channeling abilities.

Immolation
    Instead of an attack, Illidan may charge a small blast marker around himself, damaging any enemy unit in the range with a S5 attack, only invulnerable saves are allowed and only one attack per turn may be used in this way.

Evasion
    When attacked in any way except by magic, the attacker must roll a 6 to hit, or re-roll. And under a 4 will never hit him regardless of the skill of weapon use.

BLADES OF THE FIREBRAND
    Illidan may re-roll failed rolls to wound

WARDING MARK
    Gives Illidan a 5+invulnerable save to be taken instead of his armour save AT ALL TIMES. Also, when attacked by magic (assuming the attack was successful in casting), Illidan may roll a D6, on 6 the attack is negated for illidan only, any others affected by the attack are still affected as normal.

Stigmartic fury
    If illidan kills a Daemon (or finishes off a regiment of demons), he is able to heal 1 wound and charge again as if it was his next turn.
    I'm sort of basing his Point cost on a Chaos Lord and the magic items found in the HoC book.

M---WS---BS---S---T---W---I---A---Ld
    6---10---3----5---5---4---8---5---10

I'd put that at around 250 points. Thats just for the beastly stat line.

Special Rules:
    Illidan has wings and can Fly.

Mana burn - Hmm, in Warcraft Manaburn simply drained mana from the target. For representation in Warhammer FB I'd go for:

-Targets a magic caster within 12" and Line of Sight. The shot is treated as normal but without any modifiers. If the target is hit, he does not generate any Power dice in his next magic phase.

Immolation: This is insanely strong as it is. Just by sacrificing one attack Illidan can cause huge damage to the enemy. in Warcraft Immolation was a nuisance to troops if Illidan stood near them too long, but was about equal to Lightning shield in strength.

- At the end of each combat each enemy unit within b2b contact with Illidan suffers a S4 hit with normal saves allowed.

Evasion - It was a 20% or so dodge rate in Warcraft? With WS10, nothing will be hitting him better than 3s anyway, unless their Big tooled up Lord has a Sword of Striking of similar, which is unlikely.

-Ranged shots at Illidan suffer an additional -1 modifier. In combat all successful rolls to hit must be re-rolled.

Blades of the Firebrand: I'm a bit sketchy on this in Warcraft. We'll just assume they are super hot deadly sharp weapons.

- Attacks from Illidan count as Flaming. Either 1) Armour saves may not be taken or 2) Armour saves receive an additional -1.

Warding Mark: I guess this is just some inherant protection from danger?

- Illidan has a 4+ Ward save and a 3+ Ward save from Magic.

Stigmatic Fury: Again, this would reign supreme against Daemons. Instead:

- When fighting Demons, Illidan is subject to Frenzy. Illidan must charge any Daemons in range, when testing for range +D6 to his charge range. Illidan causes Fear and is immune to Psychology and is Stubborn.

With all that? I'd set him around the 650-700 point mark. Maybe a bit less, but he's fairly close to a Greater Demon.

Hope to see the model when you complete it
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x5)

Correction: Mana Burn does do damage, just not a really signifigant amount- either the amount or half of the mana burned. And Illidan was uber in Warcraft- he dueled the Lich King and nearly won, though I'd put that at more skill than strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, equal to the amount of mana combusted. Made him great at killing Archmages in early game.

However adding wounds to that spell would make it too much like magic than a nifty ability. This would then require either giving him a bound spell or making him a spellcaster, neither of which I think is fitting for Illidan
    Archaon's Top Tip for profiting from the End Time: Pillage before you burn

When I say jump you don't ask me 'How high?' maggot! You jump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bestial, although I'm not a huge Warcraft fanatic, I'm glad that there are other loremasters present besides myself

But all I know, really, is the background for Kalimdor and the Night Elves, as well as the story of the (five, IIRC) great dragons. The rest is simply knowledge gained from defeating the single player campaign...which is basically the deal about the Burning Legion and the Orcs' ancestry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If a model is made I would really like to see it. I'm a big fan of the NE and my favorite hero in ROC(WC III) is the daemon hunter. I think you guys have got Illidan in all the stats you have with out makeing him a unstopable killing monster. Nice work.
    «Ares is the only way to be happy.»

Know Arise a Knight, and go forth and take your vengence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illidan Stormrage:
    Illidan: M:6 WS:10 S:5 T:4 W:4 I:7 A:5 Ld:10
    Weapons and Armour: Crescent Blades
    Special Rules: Fly, Immolate, Mana Burn, Evasion

Immolate:
    Any unit in base contact with Illidan at the start of his Magic Phase takes D6 S4 Flaming Hits.

Mana Burn:
    As long as Illidan is on the battlefield, remove one Power Dice from the opposing player's pool. All wounds Illidan makes against Wizards are doubled.

Evasion:
    Illidan has a 5+ Ward Save.

Crescent Blades:
    +1 Attack, Ignores Armour Saves, Double Wounds against Daemons. This does not stack with the double wounds of Mana Burn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

I have made a model, and he looked awesome, including Eltarion's head (forgot to mention using a hacksaw on him). But, sadly, my idiot younger sibling thought it was a toy to throw around...

Long live Illidan's memories!
    48W/7D/11L

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast