adeptus mechaniucs Creations?? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dfg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

adeptus mechaniucs Creations??

Last night while I was sleeping I remembered the battle of gryphonne IV (tyranid codex)and how the adetus held their lines until they where overrun by the tyranid (It kept me up all night)

I would love to make some of the models but I also wanted to make some rule's for them. what do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

I believe there is a variant guard doctrine for the Tech-guard on the GW website. As for the other models, i'd suggest skitarii, the heavily armed tech priests, to be used as a proxy for allied grey knights - they really are that strong. Other than that, lots of tanks and enginseers.

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

There was a white dwarf kinda recently that had rules for adeptus mechanicus creations in it. I can't exactly remember what it was all about but it had different things for pretty much every race... If someone could remember what it was that might help?
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Do you remember the super heavy tanks the Adeptus mechanicus used to have in Epic. The Sonic cannon effort was quite cool. Wonder if they will ever re-release them for Wh40K (probably too big)
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

dfg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats cool. could you add some links please?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Can't seem to find a direct link to a picture but the rules were in WD191 (which was the one with a fat Goliath Necromunda ganger on the front).

Tabletop Terraformer Tzeentch Lord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x4)

I believe those three war engines were called 'Ordinatus', they were originally for Space Marine/Adeptus Titanicus (and I'm sure WD191 had those rules), but when Epic 40,000 was released, I think they did updated rules for the Ordinatus (which might actually have been in the game's army book itself).
    "Peace, through superior firepower."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

yep Ordinatus those were the ones they were pretty cool. I love the huge engines of destruction in epic that you get (and used to get) the Capitol Imperialus the HellBore and of course the Goliath Megacannon (for the squats)

dfg
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm talking about creations for 40k, not epic.
    Last edited by dfg; April 28th, 2006 at 02:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

Going by the Epic Titan Legions organization, here's my summary.

Skitarii = guardsmen with carapace armour.. maybe hellguns to reflect their better equipment. They're basic line troopers and vehicle crews, not super-assault megacyborgs.

Praetorians = Super assault megacyborgs. Probably marine or ogryn level stats, a 4+ save and scary weapons. The models would need to be about twice human body mass.

Skitarii Tribune = Basically a guard lieutenant. Skitarii they have their own purely military commanders. As opposed to tech priests who are just that, priests.

Electro Priests = Arco Flagellant style assault unit. Probably with similar stats.

Cataphract = I'm not sure if this is just the Legion term for a Leman Russ or if it's an entirely separate tank class, but either way it's like a Leman Russ.

There was mention of robots in a lot of the old fluff as well.. they'd probably be treated like mini-dreadnoughts.

The trouble with Adeptus Mechanicus troops is that their only role in major battlefield warfare (as opposed to the exploratory fleets) is to provide support for the Titans in their legions. There's very little romance in playing an army which just mops up after the hundred meter tall walking siege engines.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; April 28th, 2006 at 03:36.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast