An Unusal Vehicle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Unusal Vehicle

Here are rules for an unusual vehicle of my own design. I think it would be an interesting and unusual peice that has the potential for alot of strategic use, but my friend feels it would be simply anoing and not add anything to gameplay, what do you think of it?

The vehicle is a fast skimmer in squads of 1 to 3, it is equiped with an anti-personel weapon and an light anti-vehicle weapon. It has a front, side, and rear armor of 10.

Unlike most skimers it treats all hits as glancing hits regardless of how far it moved, with one exception. If it has fired any weapons, attacks on its front armor, and only its front armor, can be penetrating hits as normal.

Last edited by Foolish Scrounger; July 13th, 2006 at 06:43.
    Randomness is not an art, thierfore I understand it perfectly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

To me, this sounds pretty much like a land speeder tornado, fitted with smoke launchers that it can use each turn and still fire.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Yeah, it sounds like the Landspeeder Typhoon with multimelta that I used to play with. How many points is your vehicle, and for what army?

Lose the special glancing rule; it doesn't contribute much and having to move 6" per turn is cheap for what you get.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may want to note that if you fire it negates the glancing hit rule for attacks on the front armor, regardless of how far you have moved.

Now, what if the vehicle wasn't fast? Non-fast skimmers cant get the benefit of this rule and still fire, but this one could.
    Randomness is not an art, thierfore I understand it perfectly.

+ Reply to Thread