Off Map Artillery/ Missles Systems - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off Map Artillery/ Missles Systems

I have a reasonable size IG Army with a fair few FW products, but I would like to add a bit more flair to my Army in terms of adding other items to this end I need or would like some help using

1. Off Map Artillery -- but with the pieces represented
    2. Misiles Systems big static ones and ones like the Scud B system with support vechs and crew

thanks chaps

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The closest thing to that would be the Orbital Strike of the Inquisitorial Factions (Grey Knights and Witch Hunters). At least that's what i think.

Nami kotogotoku, waga tate to nare. Ikazuchi kotogotoku, waga yaiba to nare.

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

VDR anyone?

Mike

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

You might find inspiration in the Daemonhunter's Orbital Strike. An opponent could be persuaded to let you use a Strike if you bring an Inquisitor as a forward observer even though Heavy choices aren't normally allowed with inducted Inquisitional forces. (Be sure to point out that the alternative is another Leman Russ on the field.) That, I think, would be easier than inventing a whole new set of rules for off-map artillery.

Edit: Tezuka beat me to it.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what I was really seeking was independant rules to compliment the 40K ones so that OMA and Miss systems run seperately as an addition

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

No offence, but we don't have these kind of things just sitting around waiting for someone to ask for them...

Don't just ask fo rthe rules all done and tested, be prepared to work for this.

No Offence, but it just seems like you don't know how these kind of things work...

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper
    what I was really seeking was independant rules to compliment the 40K ones so that OMA and Miss systems run seperately as an addition

You might find some existing rule sets in other game systems, particularly WWI and WWII systems. They would be a good place to get some ideas, however integrating them into 40k might be a problem.

Like the others have said there is precedent for OMA in 40k in the form of the inquisitorial orbital strike and the ork fighta' bomba' raid. Naturally you would only be able to use any of these things in friendly games.

Good luck in your search.
    Quote Originally Posted by rat of vengence
    Just how dark are these angles?
    "It was a magnificent display of trained and disciplined valour, and its assault failed of success because dead men can advance no further"
    -refering to the Royal Newfoundland Regiment at Beaumont-Hamel after they took 90% casualties in the assault

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike,
    no offence taken and your comment is fair in the fact that I have no idea how to impliment then ( this is what happens when you are new to something)
    Yes I am prepared to do some work and test them... Now I have a starting point

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The group I play with use a house rule for indirect firing vehicles; you don't have to have them on the battlefield (table) to take part.
    The vehicle is said to be offboard and can fire at any target on the table that a squad leader/character/vehicle on the table can see.
    Alternatively, the vehicle can attempt counter battery fire against offboard targets that fired on a previous round.

+ Reply to Thread