Warhammer 40k Homeworld adaptation. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tactical Avante-Gard <E!_Mance>'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x6)

Warhammer 40k Homeworld adaptation.

G'day all!
    I've started on making the Homeworld series races into 40k 'flavour' teams. So far, all I've got is The Beast. I'm curently working on the Somtaaw & Kushan. I hope to have a few races to choose from.

Any of you have any ideas as to what races to add in\keep out? Any ideas on what to give said races? I'm trying for 5 temas, so all you Homeworld fans out there please pitch in!

I'll be back with the Somtaaw stuff when I'm done retyping it.

Post your army lists in the ARMY LIST section! Not that hard!
    48W/7D/11L

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Somtaaw

Quote Originally Posted by SOMTAAW ARMOURY
    All units that may choose from the armoury may choose any up to additional 2 weapons. If he takes 2 of the same type, he may re-roll results to hit whether they are ranged or mel&#233;e. They may also take up to 4 additional items from the wargear list, or 3 from wargear & 1 skill. Items with a '*' are only able to be taken by multiwound units unless stated in the unit's entry. Each unit may only take 1 item with a '^' .
    Close combat weapons:
    0pts-Close Combat weapon- We all know what this does.
    10pts-Mag shield- Always may take armour saves in close combat unless the attack would instantly kill.
    10pts-Kiith-la Close combat weapons- Adds +1S to another close combat weapon's profile after all other effects are taken into account. May be added to any other close combat weapon as an upgrade FOR THAT WEAPON ONLY. 1 per unit.
    10pts-Monofilament Blade- Power weapon.
    15pts-*Discharge Gauntlet- Powerfist.
    20pts-*Neural stapler- Diresword.
    30pts-*Molebind Gloves- Roll 2D6 against vehicles in close combat, Power weapon.

Ranged weapons:
    0pts-Linear pistol
    0pts-Linear rifle
    5pts-*Linear long Rifle
    5pts-Kiith-la Linear rifle
    10pts-Linear repeater
    15pts-*Linear Driver- Combi-weapon. Main weapon is Linear rifle, 1 shot weapon is Driver.
    5pts-Driver pistol
    5pts-Driver
    10pts-*Kiith-la Driver
    15pts-*Blink gun

Wargear:
    1pt-Smoke Grenades- Frag Grenades.
    2pts-Det-charges- Tankbusta bomz.
    2pts-Sat-image uplink- No enemy may infiltrate or deepstrike within 24" of the user.
    5pts-Infrared scanning display- The unit (not any others in the same squad) is never considered to be under the effects of night fighting when he shoots.
    5pts-MASC- The wearer can now charge 12", but not if the rest of his squad can't.
    5pts-Servokinetics- Adds +1I to the wearer.
    10pts-Mark of the Kiith- Adds +1A to the wearer.
    10pts-Vector shield- Gives 6+ Inv. save or increases existing Inv. save by 1.
    15pts-Carbon-Fiber Laminate armour-Increases armour save by 1.
    15pts-^Holosuit- Increases an existing cover save by 1. The wearer must always be targeted as if in night fighting & test for visibility when shot at. Enemy WS decreases by 1, to a minimum of 2.
    20pts-Replenishment kit-Allows the unit (or IC) to ignore all failed saves for a phase. One use.
    25pts-^*Exosuit-Acts as Vector shield & CFL armour. Cumulative with both. May not be taken by Commanders leading a consort.
    25pts-^*Sylph-The rider is now a Jetbike. Sylphs give a +1T bonus (not against instant death) to the rider & count as being armed with a twin-linked Linear repeater.
    30pts-*Mental Control-art circuit-No psychic attacks may harm the wearer. Any psykers using an ability within 12" automatically suffer a Perils of the War attack. One per army.
    35pts-*Pressure suit-Prevents the wearer from being intsnt-killed. When combined with the Control-art Circuit, the wearer gains +1 wound.

Skills:
    3pts-Furious Charge
    3pts-Infiltrate
    3pts-Tank Hunter
    3pts-Scouts
    3pts-Crack shot
    5pts-Stubborn
    5pts-Hit & run
    5pts-Shootist- The user never counts as moving when firing Pistols or rapid fire weapons. If he remains stationary, he may fire 2 DIFFERENT ranged weapons but cannot assault that turn.
    This is the reference sheet & armoury for Kiith Somtaaw. Unit entries coming up. Though it seems the character limit per post won't let me. I'll have it as pics soon enough (turn Excel on) just wait till tomorrow (or don't and give ideas).
    Last edited by <E!_Mance>; August 14th, 2006 at 19:50. Reason: Adding info bit by bit.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -44 (x0)

this team sucks
    why cant you just play homeword on your compooter
    "In my darkness I can see the light
    but can the same be said for you?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Beaches&Hills
    this team sucks
    why cant you just play homeword on your compooter
    This person needs to grow up. And he'll learn with a warning for flaming.

Don't let me see you acting so childishly again.

LoC

(oh, and run your posts through a spellchecker too)

Sorry about that E!_Mance. Please carry on

LoC
    The only difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that tattooed people are awesome and can kick your ass.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

RAMROD ONE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x5)

Hey man, I was just wondering if you can enlarge the information on this Homeworld race or what ever game these guys came from.(if they are from a game.) Because I am having trouble seeing all of the information on my computer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Homeworld races in races from the Homeworld games?
    Then you should make a BFG-fleet instead, me thinks. Would gladly help on that (Homeworld ownz!!11!1).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

EDIT: fixed big-ness of pic.

Imagine playing the BFG battle, imagining that you smashed the planetary defence fleet, then are coming down to blast away the inhabitants of the world & claim it for your own. That's what these teams are.

Any other races I should Include? Do you think Kadeshi would cut the mustard?

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy
    Hey man, I was just wondering if you can enlarge the information on this Homeworld race or what ever game these guys came from.(if they are from a game.) Because I am having trouble seeing all of the information on my computer.
    Alright. It's not from a game, I just made it on Excel & print screened it.

Here's a bigger version:

For Kiith-la, read Kiith-sa. Sotty, typo.
    Last edited by <E!_Mance>; August 14th, 2006 at 15:34.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

By all means add the Kadeshi but remember that they probably have very limited infantry.
    The outset looks good, if a little GK. Thats OK though they are the main charicters.
    I make a point of never laughing at stupid people. They can't help that they're stupid, just as I can't help hitting them.- Aun'Vre

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x6)

Nothing looks a little GK. You've been fighting Marines too long to realise how easy it is to knock down 4+ Armour, break Ld7, & destroy T3.

The weapons may look juicy, but just you wait until you see how little they're used.
    48W/7D/11L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by <E!_Mance>
    Nothing looks a little GK. You've been fighting Marines too long to realise how easy it is to knock down 4+ Armour, break Ld7, & destroy T3.

The weapons may look juicy, but just you wait until you see how little they're used.

I was looking at the Anoyance wanabe. W5, Bs5, you realy do have a thing for infantry and Assualt tactics don't you.
    I make a point of never laughing at stupid people. They can't help that they're stupid, just as I can't help hitting them.- Aun'Vre

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast