20 point stealth suits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

20 point stealth suits

does anyone besides me think that stealth suits are over priced? or at least should have a cheaper variant? i read a little about tau exoskeletons and got a really cool idea. here it is.

XV12 (May use XV15 model to represent XV12)

Shas'ui ....| Pts:20 | WS:2 | BS:3 | S:3 | T:3 | W:1 | I:2 | A:2 | Ld:8 | Sv: 4+ |
    Shas'vre | Pts:+10 | WS:3 | BS:3 | S:3 | T:3 | W:1 | I:3 | A:2 | Ld:8 | Sv: 4+

Team: A team consists of 3-8 Shas'ui

Unit Type: Jump Infantry (jet pack)

Equipment: Each team member is equipped with a burst cannon and stealth armor.

Options: None

Character: One Shas'ui per team may be designated as a team leader at +5 points, and may select items from the wargear list. A Shas'ui team leader may be upgraded to a Shas'vre at +5 points.

Special Rules
    Infiltrate: Stealth teams may use the infiltrators scenario rules when the mission allows it.

Small Thrusters: The limited space on the XV12 does not have enough room for a full jet pack. To represent this, XV12's may move D6 inches in the assault phase instead of the normal 6 inches.

Stealth Armor: See Armoury for details.

Note: Models in XV12 armor do not have Acute Senses or Deep Strike special rules.

I also though about this weapon. Range: 18 inches STR: 5 AP: 6 Assault 2, pinning. i borrowed this from the "our mechanized forces thread."

Well, what do u guys think? any good or bad things? any comments? is it too cheap or too costly? ill leave the answering to u guys.

Thanks

Last edited by Commander_Swiftwing; August 15th, 2006 at 02:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

editing the rules just a bit.

XV12 (May use XV15 model to represent XV12)

Shas'ui ....| Pts:20 | WS:2 | BS:3 | S:3 | T:4 | W:1 | I:2 | A:2 | Ld:8 | Sv: 4+
    Shas'vre | Pts:+10 | WS:3 | BS:3 | S:3 | T:4 | W:1 | I:3 | A:2 | Ld:8 | Sv: 4+

Team: A team consists of 3-8 Shas'ui

Unit Type: Jump Infantry (jet pack)

Equipment: Each team member is equipped with a Ion rifle* and stealth armor.

Options: All models (including the team leader or Shas'vre) may replace their Ion rifles with burst cannons at a cost of 3 points per model. Up to 2 models may replace their Ion rifle with a flamer at +5 points. All models may take a targetting array at a cost of 5 points per model.

Character: One Shas'ui per team may be designated as a team leader at +5 points, and may select items from the wargear list. A Shas'ui team leader may be upgraded to a Shas'vre at +5 points.

Special Rules
    Infiltrate: Stealth teams may use the infiltrators scenario rules when the mission allows it.

Small Thrusters: The limited space on the XV12 does not have enough room for a full jet pack. To represent this, XV12's may move D6 inches in the assault phase instead of the normal 6 inches.

Stealth Armor: See Armoury for details.

Special Skills: Their stealth skills, combined with the armour allow XV12 troops to move through and maximize the use of available cover. XV12 troops may take the Stealth Universal Rule at +1 point per model. They may also take the Move Through Cover Universal Rule at +2 points per model.

Note: Models in XV12 armor do not have Acute Senses or Deep Strike special rules.

* Ion rifle: rng20 str4 ap5 assault 2
    Last edited by Commander_Swiftwing; August 15th, 2006 at 19:54.

+ Reply to Thread