Dreadnought Arena Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadnought Arena Rules

I love dreadnoughts and I love Dreadnought arenas, I couldnt find any solid rules for them that I could easily translate so I attempted to make my own. I have not play tested these, nor will I ever. I got bored of doing this project and threw in the towel. Here they are for anyone who wnats them, try them, play them, rewrite them, whatever, just give me credit if you use them.

Ultimate Dreadnought Fighting League
    v. 1.0 by Hovoc

Running a UDFL Event

Events are best run with four or more players. Each player is allowed a unit or units from the section below. The organizer(s) specify a point limit that creates a fair and balanced playing experience. The points may go up each round if the organizer chooses. Organizers responsibilities include, but are not limited to, keeping track of player rosters, league points, setting up terrain, purchases made from the league armory, etc..

Leagues can last for as long as the organizers see fit. Organizers should add their own personal touches to the League/Event. Feel free to place event markers on the board, or even certain objectives that players can complete for additional points.

Participating in a UDFL Event

If you are participating in an event, you must submit a datafax/roster that includes your unit(s) and any purchases/upgrades you’ve made for them. Organizers must approve of your roster before each round.

Entries

The list below details what units are allowed in the Ultimate Dreadnought Fighting League. Not all armies have walkers, so certain units are included to allow more armies to join.

• Imperial/Chaos Space Marine/Daemon Hunter Dreadnoughts
    • Chaos Defilers
    • Imperial Guard Sentinals (1-3)
    • Tau Crisis Suits*
    • Necron Destroyers (1-3)*
    • Dark Eldar Talos
    • Tyranid Carnifex*
    • Eldar 1-3 War Walkers
    • Witch Hunter Penitent Engines
    • Ork Dreadnought or 1-3 Killa Kans
    • Eldar War Walkers (1-3)

At the start of the event/league, determine the maximum points that will be allowed. Each player’s team will consist of their armies entries and cannot go past the set amount of points. Some armies allow for up to 3 choices to fill up the points. Models marked with an asterisk do not have set armor values per their rule book. These are given an armor value of based on their ease of destruction in the real game. Crisis suits and Destroyers are AV 10 all around, while the Carnifex is av 12. Apply the vehicle destruction tables to these units as you would any walker.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than the above changes, each entry follows the rules in its respective codex.

VDR Creations

VDR Constructs are permitted only if they fall into the agreed upon points and at the discretion of the event organizer.

Vehicle Options

Each player must build their units based on the points allowed. They must follow the guidelines in their codex. You are only allowed to equip the items in your own codex and only if it is allowed under its profile. The only exception to this is if you buy an upgrade from the League Armory. Models should be WYSIWYG.

The Arena

Your playing field should include a lot of terrain that blocks line of sight and impedes movement. You are looking for close cornered fighting. You can include disabled walkers and other vehicle wreckage to add some themed flavor to your table. Starting areas for each player should include something that blocks line of sight from other players so as to keep first turn kills from occurring.

Scoring

Each round is scored and the winner is the one that earns the most points. Each vehicle is worth 2 points plus 1 point for each weapon. Points are awarded for damage you cause to other combatants. One point is awarded for each armament destroyed and immobilize. Destroyed vehicles are worth it’s full points minus any damage they have previously received. Example: If an immobilized dreadnought is destroyed, it is worth 3 points instead of its original 4.

Last Man Standing

The last combatant left on the field earns 5 points. This score was left low as to not reward someone from hiding out until the very end only to snag the last kill. If several turns go by with only 2 players on the field, and neither can take out the other, then the organizer can declare both players winners and award each 5 points. These points are awarded at the organizers discretion, and may opt not to give both players points if it is deemed they are purposely attempting to score points in this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winning

At the end of the event, the player with the most points wins.

Credits

At the end of each round, each player is awarded 100 credits for each point won during the round. These credits can be used to purchase additional gear/options from the League Armory. Credits accumulate and are lost once when spent. Credits spent have no affect on league point standings.

Turns

Every turn, each player rolls 2d6. This determines the order for the current turn. This simulates the reaction time of each combatant and attempts to give no real advantage to any player. The player who rolls highest goes first on that turn.

Alliances

Alliances can be made and broken. Be careful, in the end its each player for him/herself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League Armory

Those who wish to remain competitive in the UDFL routinely upgrade their vehicles to better their chances of winning.

You may only purchase an item or upgrade once for each model. If a weapon is bought from the armoury, it replaces one current weapon on the model. The cost of an upgrade is in credits only, and does not affect the point cost of the model.

Denser Armour……………………………………………………………………...…1500
    Enhanced Mobility………………………………………………………………….......600
    Extra Armor………………………………………………………………………….....300
    Hunter- Killer Missile…………………………………………………………………..400
    Multiple Target System…………………………………………………………………700
    Optical Camouflage…………………………………………………………………...1000
    Self-Repair Systems…………………………………………………………………...2000
    Smoke Launchers……………………………………………………………………….100
    Targeting Array…………………………………………………………………………300
    Twin-Linked Upgrade…………………………………………………………………..500

Enhanced Mobility – Can move up to an additional 6”. Roll a d6. On a result of a 6, the upgrade can not be used for the remainder of the battle.

Extra Armor – This represents additional armour added by the vehicle’s crew. Vehicles so equipped count ‘crew stunned’ results as ‘crew shaken’ results instead.

Self-Repair Systems – ‘Immobilized’ and ‘Weapon Destroyed’ effects are repaired on a roll of 4+. This roll is made at the beginning of the controlling player’s turn. Effects repaired in this way still count for any previous and future points caused by effects. If the roll was failed, then no further repair attempts can be made for that effect.

Smoke Launchers –

Hunter- Killer Missile – Strength 8, Unlimited Range. One Use per Battle. Use BS. Does not replace a current weapon.

Optical Camouflage – Enemy models wishing to fire at this model must roll to check their spotting distance by rolling 2D6x3. If the model is out of range, the firing model may not choose a different target, unless it is equipped with the Multiple Target System purchased from the League Armoury.

Multiple Target System – Each weapon may shoot at a different target.

Targeting Array – Increases BS by 1. Not available to units with BS or 4 or higher.

Twin-Linked Upgrade – Upgrades any weapon to Twin-Linked.

Denser Armour – Increase the armour values of all sides +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carnifex is allowed...? GG everything else...
    "...a swarm of mechanised locusts sweeping over the land, stripping it bare of resources, bringing death and destruction to anything that stands in its path. Emperor preserve us against the predations of these so-called Orkish cults of speed!" - Cardinal Nomura at the Conclave of Hessen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job Hovoc..glad you came up with something like this..I'll rep you for that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser117 View Post
    Carnifex is allowed...? GG everything else...

its at an av of 12, inhstead of wounds, treat it like a vehicle in every other respect

like i said, this hasnt been play tested, so im unsure of how the different non walker units are gonna fare. the armory points may not be balanced, so im not sure how many points per round can be acrued(sp?)

my friend plays both tyranids and necrons think both the detroyers and fex have too low AV's but i think they are where they should be. with the destroyers having 3 gauss shots each and still having a chance of getting WBB per their rules, i think they are fine on the AV
    Last edited by Hovoc; October 25th, 2006 at 03:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

has anyone playtested this yet?

Senior Member Hive Fleet Scorpii's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It don't matter that Carnifex has AV 12. It has a 12-22 automatic armor pen in CC, and can have 4 attacks. It will hit on 3s, meaning on average 2 penetrating hits per attack, so each combat round a 75% chance to kill something. Due to the heavy terrain rules, it will be impossible really to kill it before it hits CC. Tyranid units simply won't work. 2.5 warriors, 5 genestealers, and any other type of unit in the Tyranid arsenal that CAN pop tanks, pops all light tanks or walkers without much a problem. Warriors are the weakest there too, with half the attacks the genestealers would get. Even the Hive Tyrant, something more designed for ripping through infantry than blowing up tanks, can use a 18" hitting on +4 str 10 attack, or wade into melee combat with up to 7 attacks with 8-18 armor pen, with an average of 13. All but one of those would also hit on a 3+ against any of those units, giving about 4 penetrating attacks. Tyranids are so customizable, that you can design the same unit for anything from light tank popping to killing heavy armor to killing guardsman. And sence nothing there has AV 13 or better, which is really what you need if you going to survive against Tyranid anti-armor, then you're just dead.
    In Hive We Trust

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may not have made it 100% clear, but its an early draft that i decided not to work on, anything that doesnt have an AV, ie carnifex, destroyers, etc, loose their wounds and get an av value.

from this point on, all damage done to the models is treated as if they are vehicles for all intents and purposes.

the terrain can/and ultimately will be set up by some people to be not as heavy and give more LOS chances. i think my ultimate goal for the terrain set up was to suggest something that didmt allow for lascannons/Missles to score hits/kills from their maximum range.

ill leave it up to anyone else who wishes to take over the project to do a better job of refinning things

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast