Codex: Equilibrium - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Codex: Equilibrium

Hello all!
    Equilibrium is one of my favorite films and i know that some of you like it as well now im sure you ask yourself "I wish i could play with a army of these guys" well now you can:yes:

Any feedback more then welcome.

HQ

Grammaton Cleric First Class 0-1 75 points
    WS5 BS5 S3 T3 W3 A3 I5 Ld10 Save 5+

Weapons - Beretta 92

May take a powered katana for 25 points or a power weapon at 15 points
    May be given frag and krak grenades at a cost of 1 point each

Rules
    Gun Kata,Prozium

Independent character

May take a unit of Grammaton Clerics as a bodyguard or may join any unit at the start of the battle.

Officer First Class 0-1 90 points
    WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W3 A2 I4 Ld8 Save 5+
    May lead a squad of Sweeper,Enforcer or Search and Destroy troops into battle and if so he may use on of the following ability's per turn.

Armed with a close combat weapon and a auto-pistol
    May take a katana for 5 points or a power weapon at 10 points. May take a Precision rifle at 5 points, a Combat shotgun at 1 point or a Lightweight mini-gun at 15 points.

May be given frag and krak grenades at a cost of 1 point each, may take carapace amour (See guard codex)

Dig in men! - The Officer and unit he is with may spend a turn digging in so may not take any other action that turn . For the rest of the game as long as the unit does not move the unit gets a 4+ cover save and counts as in cover when assaulted. If this unit moves then they lose their cover save and will need to spend a turn to get it back.

Form up and die hard! The officer and his men use there drills and training to fight as a well oiled machine. This adds 1+ to the units WS for the rest of the turn.

You there! Take that target out now! With the use of a range finder the officer may help one of his men to hit a important target. The officer may not shoot but one of his men may fire at BS5. May not be used if the officer is in close combat.

Rules
    Prozium,Infiltrate

Elites

The Grammaton Clerics are the last line of defence and the most skilled warriors the Tetragrammaton has at there disposal. Trained in the art of Gun Kata they are more dangerous then a entire platoon of Enforcers.
    Grammaton Cleric team 0-3 18 points each (Max squad size 10 Clerics)
    WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W1 A2 I4 Ld9 Save 5+

Weapons - Beretta 92

The whole squad may be given frag and krak grenades at a cost of 1 point per model, the whole squad may be armed with katanas at a cost of 1 point per model

May take a Armored transport (See below)

Rules
    Gun Kata,Prozium

Search and destroy teams are constantly hunting down sense-offenders and materials from the past in "The Nethers"
    Search and Destroy Team
    5 to 10 men - 13 points each
    WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 A1 I3 Ld7 Save 4+

Weapons - Precision rifles

May be given frag and krak grenades at a cost of 1 point per model,up to 2 models can be given sniper rilfes at 8 points each. May take up to one heavy flamer at a cost of 10 points.

Rules

Prozium,Infiltrate

Lone Wolf's - May take 2 as a single choice. 50 points each
    Lone Wolf's act alone on the battlefield taking out key targets or hunting down isolated enemy units striking terror in the hearts of the enemy.

WS4 BS4 S3 T3 W2 A2 I4 Ld9 Save 4+

Weapons - Lightweight mini-gun, metla bombs, flamer

Rules
    Camo netting - Gets a 1+ to any cover save.
    Concealed deployment - May deploy in any terrain outside of the enemy's deployment zone.
    Prozium,Infiltrate, deep strike
    Independent character - May not join units

Troops

Enforcer Team 75 points per team - 10 men
    WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 A1 I3 Ld7 Save 5+

Weapons - Autogun

The whole squad may be given frag and krak grenades at a cost of 1 point per model

The squad may take up to two of the following weapons -

Heavy stubber at a cost of 5 points or a RPG at a cost of 8 points

The following weapons may be taken from codex guard at the points cost given - Flamer,missile launcher

Rules

Prozium

Sweeper Team 80 points per team - 10 men
    WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 A2 I4 Ld7 Save 5+

Weapons - Combat shotgun,Riot shield,Baton

The Riot shield and Baton count as two close combat weapons,the extra attack is already included in there profile.

Rules

Prozium

May take a Armored transport

Armored transport 75 points AV12/11/10 BS4

Armed with a heavy stubber

May carry up to 12 men

Fast Attack

Longbow Attack Helicopter 110 points AV11/11/10 BS4

Armed with a nose mounted heavy stubber and two wing mounted missile launchers

Follows the rules for skimmers but can move over or onto any terrain.

Chaff - Radar reflecting strips called "chaff" that fill the enemy’s radar screens with false targets. If upgraded this will give any enemy unit wishing to fire at the Longbow a -1 to there BS at ranges over 12". Chaff costs 20 points.

Motorbike patrol team - 10 points each (Max squad size 10 men)
    WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W3 A2 I4 Ld7 Save 5+

Weapons - Autogun

May take up to two sidecars with a heavy stubber at 8 points or a RPG at 15 points.
    (They cost more as they can be fired on the move)
    The whole unit may take Combat shotguns at a cost of 1 point per model.

Motorbikes - This unit may move 24" and not fire or 12" and fire.

Rules

Prozium

Heavy support

Anti-tank gun battery - 0-3 - 30 points per gun/team (Up to 3 teams may from a single squad that count as 1 choice)
    WS3 BS4 S3 T3 W1 A1 I3 Ld7 Save 5+

Two crew armed with a 120mm anti-tank gun and lasguns
    Rules

Prozium

DRAGON MBT - 165 points

AV13/12/10 BS 4

WEAPONS - Dragon cannon and a pintle heavy stubber

DRAGON CANNON - S9 Range 48" AP1 Heavy 1

Chobham armour - This tank has been fitted with Chobham on its front to help keep it going. The Chobham works when a enemy weapon hits the armour and then parts of the armour blows out to help stop the impact - Any hit on the front armour by a weapon S8 or more will set off the Chobham on a roll of 4+, if set of the Chobham will lower the strength of the weapon by 2

Napalm heavy mortar carrier - 90 points

AV13/12/10 Armed with a Napalm heavy mortar

Napalm heavy mortar - Strength 6 AP5 Range 48" Large Blast Indirect fire(Takes a turn to reload)

Firestorm - The Napalm round crate firestorms where ever they hit burning anyone unfortunate enough to get hit by one. Also the area hit will stay on fire cutting this area off to the enemy. When you place the large blast marker put a dice in the center of the hit. Next turn any unit within 6" of the marker will take a strength 5 hit from the flames. This effect lasts for a turn. The enemy unit fired at may move out of the firestorm without taking any more damage. It is assumed they moved out of it on the turn they were hit (Or ran!)

Special Rules and Weapon Stats

Gunkata is a close quarters gun-based martial art. It emphasises kata, or body positioning and movement excercises. This is important because each kata of Gunkata is designed for maximum effeciency in both lethal force and defense. It is of course impossible to see an oncoming bullet and dodge it, but an advanced Gunkata practitioner, known as a Tetragrammaton Cleric or Grammaton Cleric, can put himself in the least statistically possible place to be hit at each moment of a gun fight. Gunkata is based on a scientific analysis of bullet trajectory and range based on the mathematical possible outcomes of a gunfight.
    The Grammaton Cleric receives a 3+ invulnrable save against any ranged attack.

Prozium suppresses the emotions of those who take it and is used by the Tetragrammaton Council to control mans inherit destructive behavior.
    Because of this peolpe taking the drug may take any Ld test on a 3d6.

Weapons

Beretta 92 - Strength 3 AP5 Range 18" Assault 2
    Grammaton Cleric's train each day in the use of this weapon and a able to pick out weak points on there opponents within only a few seconds. Any roll to hit of 6 counts as AP3.

Katanas - The katana is a very sharp sword ideal for cutting unarmoured opponents.
    Always wounds on a 4+ or better. There is also a powered katana for use by very high ranking Cleric's. This also acts as a power weapon.

Combat shotgun - Strength 4 AP- Range 12" Assault 1

Riot shield - Gives the user a 4+ armour save in close combat

120mm antitank gun - Strength 9 AP3 Range 36" Heavy 1

RPG - Strength 5 AP3 Range 24" Heavy 1

Precision rifle - Strength 4 AP- Range 30" Heavy 1 or Assault 1 12"

Lightweight mini-gun - Strength 4 AP5 Range 18" Assault 4 - Is prone to jamming - The first miss you roll for this weapon will jam the weapon for the rest of the turn.

Last edited by KOS-MOS; May 5th, 2007 at 22:36. Reason: Updating
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Nice one!! Really good idea. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

WS5, BS5, W3, A3, Ld10 a weapon that always wounds on a 4+ and a 3+ invulnerable save against all ranged attacks for 75pts???

I hope you are kidding... :blink:
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x4)

Oh right i forgot to make him a independent character as that gives the enemy a chance to pick him out in close combat. With that he could be picked out by powerfists and insta-killed like most other commanders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x4)

Bump - Updated - Added 2 new heavy support choices, 1 new HQ choice, 2 new elite choices and raised the cost of the HQ's weapons. Oh and i messed around with a few of the units.
    Last edited by KOS-MOS; May 5th, 2007 at 17:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

I don't like how everyone has at least a BS of 4 or higher. That seems wrong to me. We're basically saying that the standard enforcers are as accurate as Space Marines who spend their entire lives fighting wars and training with their bolters...

I can see Clerics having a nice BS, but not the standard 'shoot me!' schlubs.

I do like the Prozium rule. Well done there.

Why do Sweeper Teams have three wounds per model?

Precision Rifles are Assault 12? Hrm, you should change that to either Rapid Fire, or Assault 1 @ 12 inches.

The Cleric's weapons should be Pistols - not 18 inch Assault Weapons. However, you can give them a special rule that allows them to fire two pistols a round, treating them as an Assault Weapon. Basically, what I'm saying is that eighteen inches for a Pistol based weapon is a bit much. This also gives them a +1 attack bonus in CC, which is suiting.

As for Gun-kata, you have the right idea, but I would change it to a 2+ cover save, but to balance it, say that any Template, Blast, or Ordnance weapon ignores this save. This allows them to dodge bullets easily, but even Clerics don't dodge Earthshakers.

Another idea is to give the Clerics all a base Ballistic Skill of 5 or 6, and a Weapon Skill of 3 or 4. Then, you can say that if fighting with their Pistols in Close Combat then they may substitute their BS for their WS. Then, the High Cleric could have a WS of 4 or 5 to represent his enhanced training.

After all, the Clerics were much better with their Pistols at close range than with their swords.

All I got for the moment. Haven't looked much at the Heavy Support or Fast Attack options yet. Just the few ideas that pop into my head as I read your work. Feel free to take any of it or leave it all. Over all, think you've done a good job. But a few balancing 'tweaks' need to be done, as well as giving the army a bit more character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x4)

First off thanks for all the new ideas Caluin. I fixed the Sweeper Team, a typo. The reason i didn't give them a 2+ save of any kind was to stop people putting their Clerics in front of there army and messing up the enemy's shooting with target priority tests. A 2+ cover sounds like a good half and half, maybe a 3+ cover and drop the cost a bit?

As to the range on the pistols maybe a should drop it a bit but the whole idea of the Clerics unit is to stand back and fire small arms at enemy infantry while most return fire is useless. This is balanced out by the fact that any assault squad that can lock them in close combat will ripe them to shreds and a 12" range weapon would put them at a lot of risk.

I just figured that because the soldiers have very little emotional needs that they would spend a lot of there time training. I mean storm troopers have a good BS and im sure they have more R and R then the almost lifeless troopers in Equilibrium.

I wanted a weapon for a elite teams of troops so i made the Precision rifle with a full auto of single shot option idea in mind. The assault 12" was them firing on full auto when the enemy got to close or when they were clearing out buildings as they did in the movie.
    EDIT - whoops i see what you mean about a assault 12 weapon! Fixed!

Again thanks for the ideas.

Woo hoo 1000 posts!
    Last edited by KOS-MOS; May 5th, 2007 at 19:21.

+ Reply to Thread