Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey, I was thinking about the whole movie marines thing and I started thinking how to make a mini 40k game(just to play for fun every once and a while.) that would be entertaining, and slightly different. Here it is. Tell me what you think. Does it sound cool. Does it sound fun. Would you maybe consider trying it out. NOTE, THIS IS NOT SOME ATTEMPT TO CHANGE OR OVERIDE 40k, JUST A FUN LITTLE SCENERIO MINI GAME MEANT FOR AN HOUR OR TWO OF FUN. I'm not done yet with the army lists so far. I have so far SMurfs and Tyranids down. Feel free to make suggestions or ideas for the other codexes or make your own. anyway, i thought it was fun, so i wanted to share.
Codex ‘Legendary 40k’
What is ‘Legendary 40k’?:
Recently, I was looking at a thread on LO, about movie marines. That got me thinking, what would 40k be like if everything worked the way it does in 40k fluff. All those famous fables of just a few space marines fighting off a horde of Tyranids. Stories of Chaos marines overtaking a city and putting the foolish habitants to slaughter. Alien monstrosities devouring their opponents with minor efforts. I thought it might be cool to create a 40k mini game where each army has been beefed up and given special rules to make for a more dramatic scenario. This is not meant to replace 40k in any way, and it has no relevance to normal games. It is just a fun and exciting game to have a little fun. So why not try it out, you might even like it….
New rules and rule changes for the mini game:
- Run forest, Run!: To represent the fact that most creatures can actually run…. All standard moving infantry count as having the fleet of foot rule.
- Blessed be the number 6: The dice gods often bless the worthy with their godly luck. Any roll of a 6 lets the player either add one dice to what he is rolling for (so if you wound with a 6, roll one more die to see if you cause an additional wound) or reroll any one die(so if you are taking an armor save and roll a 6 and a 1, feel free to reroll that 1) This rule is a lot of fun, as it can make a guardsman into a close combat monster, or a hormaguant actually pass an armor save due to a reroll! This also counts towards ranged weapons, things like rending, and fleet movements. This rule is a bit wacky and may seem absurd at first, but it is very amusing and puts a new spin on the game. But remember the dice gods are fickle, one day you will have their favor, and your opponent will be blessed ten minutes later. ☺
- Help! I just got shot in the nads!: When models are reduced to 0 wounds, they may not necessarily be dead. When the model losses all its wounds, do not remove it. Instead, roll a die and check the result. On a 1-2 it’s just a flesh wound and the model can just tough it out, the model has one wound left and keeps on fighting. On a 3-4, the model is badly wounded. Place the model on its side, it still counts as being on the table(so it can be shot, or attacked) but it can’t do anything but lay there. At the beginning of the turn, roll a die. On a 1-2, the model is able to stabilize their wounds and get back to the battle. On any other result, remove the model, it is dead. On a 5-6, the model is killed in a gruesome manner, be it getting its brains blown up or melting from the inside out. Whatever happens, assume it will be messy. If the wound was caused by a weapon that ignores its armor saves, instant kills, or they die in close combat, the model dies without a roll.
- Note: some specific special rules are included in the new army codex’s, which will be explained in them. Most the options will be set prehand, for simplicity. The force organization chart is still used(no allies though)
- Saves stack(so first armor, then invul taken/ cover taken. All against everything)
- Reinforcements: at the beginning of each turn both players roll a certain number of dice(how many is shown under each hq option.). the player regains a number of basic troops from his dead pile as reinforcements = to the number on his dice rolls added together. These men must be of the same type of unit, and can’t break the rules(No two sergeants in one unit!). They come in from the owning players table edge and can act normally that turn. For any 6 rolled on one of these dice, the owning player may select any dead unit(vehicles, monstrous creatures, elites. Hq, anything) to come back. However, 0-1 units may never be brought back.
- Rapid fire weapons are now assault weapons(assualt1 at full range, assault 2 within 12”)
- Weapons like lascannon/ rail guns/ focused warp blast(basically some kind of energy beam weapon) work like fury of the ancients in a way. Every model under an imaginary line takes one hit from the weapon. Any partially under take a hit at the weapons half STR. The line ends when the weapons max range is reached or it hits a vehicle/ terrain.
Codex legendary space marines:
Special stat increases and special rules:
For standard marine infantry have the following stat increases to represent their true heroic nature:
- +1Ws, +1Str, +1T, +1A, +1 Ld, 5+ invul save (because its ‘POWER’ armor)
+ true grit.
Vehicles: all vehicles have a +1 to all their armor values.
Head quarters choices.
- Space marine commander:
0-1 Master: 125pt + upgrades
Captain: 110pt + upgrades.
Command dice: A captain adds 1 reinforcement die, while a master adds 2
- Space marine chaplain:
0-1 Master of Sanctity: 150pt + upgrades
Reclusiarch: 135pt + upgrades
Command dice: A Reclusiarch adds 1 reinforcement die, while a MoS adds 2
0-1 Epistolary: 165pt + upgrades
Codicier: 150pt + upgrades
Command dice: the Codicier adds 1 reinforcement die, while a Epistolary adds 2
- tech marine master:
0-1 Tech master: 145pt + upgrades
Special rules: +1 wound to normal tech marine.
- Space marine battle team
Includes: 3-5 space marines at 50pt each
Each squad may either take a one special or heavy weapon
The sergeant has terminator honors free and either a power sword or a powerfist for free.
- Scout battle team
Includes: 10 scouts at 40pt each.
- Bike team: consists of 3-5 bikes at 85pts per bike. May add one attack bike for extra 50pt. May take 2 special weapons per bike and one marine in each squad is a sergeant and has termie honors, and either a powerfist or power sword for free.
- Terminators squad 0-1: consists of 3-5 terminators at 100pts each. 2 may be armed with assault cannons. Any one of them may be equipped with either lightning claws, powerfist, power weapon or thunder hammer/ storm shield. The termie armor they wear is special, as it adds +1 to their invul save. May not use fleet of foot.
- Venerable Dreadnought-1 250pt
Hast the following upgrades: +1Ws, +1Bs, +1I, +1S, Furious assault/ tank hunters: must be regular or hell-fire configuration.
- Landspeeder contingent-1 consists of 1-3 squads of landspeeder.
Has the following upgrades: extra armor
- Assault squad battle group:
Includes: 3-5 assault marines at 75pt each.
the sergeant has terminator honors free and either a power sword or a powerfist for free.
- Heavy weapons teams:
Up to three teams of 3-5 devastators w/ 2-4 missile launchers per group w/ tank hunters and infiltration. 85 pts per devastator.
Codex legendary Tyranids:
- Monstrous creatures have the following upgrades: +1Ws, +2 Bs, +1 Str, +1T, +1 wound, +1 initiative, +1A, 2+ save, 5+ invul, Regeneration And the option of dual crushing claws
- Zoanthrope have: +2Bs, 4+ invulnerable save.
- All Tyranids infantry have: +1Ws, +1Bs, +1 Str, +1T, +1I, +1A, +1sv.
- Hive Tyrant: 175pt + upgrades. Adds 2 command points instead of one.
- 0-3 Zoanthrope: 85pt per model + upgrades
- Warriors: 1-3 warriors at 50pt each + upgrades
- 0-1 broodlord: 130pt + upgrades
- Lictor 0-3: 115 pts each.
Do not scatter!
- Gene stealers brood: 45pt each + upgrades
5-10 genestealer at 50pt each.
-Warriors: 1-3 warriors at 50pt each + upgrades
- Carnefex: 215pt + upgrades
- Termagant’s horde: 15pt per termagant
- Hormagant horde : 20pt per hormaguant
- ripper swarm: 15pt per base
Ravener brood: 1-6 Raveners: 65pt each + options
- Gargoyle Horde: 20pt per gargoyle
- Carnefex: 215pt + upgrades.
That is not dead which may eternal lie,
for in strange aeons even death may die.
here is Legendary Codex Chaos.
Codex legendary Chaos:
- All space marine infantry have the following stat increases: +1Ws, +1Str, +1T, +1A, I+1, 5+ invul save
- All space marine vehicles have +1 Av all round and a 5+ invulnerable save(chaos ness)
- In addition to these stats, any HQ or Elite units have +1 to their armor save and invulnerable save.
- Dreadnoughts and defilers gain the following stat upgrades in addition to the extra AV: Ws+1, Bs+1, A+1, I+1,.
- Monstrous creatures(daemon princes and greater daemons) have the following upgrades: +1Ws, +2 Bs, +1 Str, +1T, +1 wound, +1 initiative, +1A, 2+ save, 5+ invul.
- Daemons get: +1 Ws, +1Bs, +1Str, +1T, +1 initiative, +1A, +1 invul., +1Ld.
- 0-1 Chaos lord: 140pt + regular options/ or Daemon Prince(includes daemonic stature upgrade and affects.): 200pt + regular upgrades.
- Chaos lieutenant: 115pt + regular options
- Bloodthirsty: 325pt
- Great unclean one 250pt
- Lord of change 275pt
- Keeper of secrets 275pt
- Greater daemon Undivided(increases included): 300pt
Ws8, Bs2, S8, T7, W5, I5, A5, Ld10, Sv2+/3+
- Chaos chosen 100pt per model + upgrades: 3-5 models
- Possessed 100pt per model + upgrades: 3-5 models
- 0-1, Obliterators 150pt per model: 1-3 models
- Big mutants: 40pt per model. 3-5 models
- Chaos spawns: 50pt per model: 3-5 models
- chaos marines: 50pt + options: 3-10 models
- Blood letters: 65pt per model + access to the armory of khorne(max 20pt each). 3-5 models.
- Plague bearers: 50pt per model: 3-5 models + access to the armory of Nurgle(Max 20pt each)
- Daemonettes: 50pt per model: 3-5 models + Access to the armory of slaanesh (max 20pt each)
- Horrors: 55pt each: 3-5 models + Access to the armory of tzeetch(max 20pt) may take normal options.
- Daemons Undivided(upgrades included in profile): 55pt,
Ws5, S5, T5, I5, A3, Ld9, Sv4+
3-5 models: Access to the Regular chaos armory(max 20pt)
- Mutants: See lost and the Damned: 10 models.
- Gibbering hordes(nurgling) 40pt per base: 3-5 bases
- raptors: 80pt per model + regular options. 3-5 models
- Bikers: 85pt per model + regular options. 3-5 models
- Flesh hounds: 60pt per model: 3-5 models
- Screamers: 55pts per model: 3-5 models
- Furies: 55pt per model: 3-8 models
- havocs: 50pt + upgrades: 3-5 havocs.
- Predator: 125pt + upgrades.
- Dreadnought: 160pt + upgrades.
- Land raider: 300pt + upgrades
- Defiler: 250pt + upgrades
That is not dead which may eternal lie,
for in strange aeons even death may die.