So... where did the 10th company of the DA go. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

So... where did the 10th company of the DA go.

So, as a new DA player, I was thinking... and I actually found it pretty "odd" to say the least... I can field the 1st company (Deathwing), the 2nd (Ravenwing), the 3rd through 9th (Standard marines). Strangely enough there is no way I can field the 10th. (the scout company)

Anyone not into the new DA codex; scouts are elite, thus I need mandatory marines to fill in my troops.

So I did a little thinking and found it pretty sad they killed of Scout Sarge Naaman. I mean, with the right rules it could make it all work.

-Just like Belial and Samael he could offer the possibilty to field something "not troop" as "troop". Scouts in this case.
    -Give him a bolt pistol and a power weapon of some sorts and you'd have a not to expensive or funky HQ. Give him an option to eventually give him a Sniper rifle and an auspex (though it doesn't even exist in the DA codex) as a replacement upgrade. I think an infiltrating squad of snipers with an auspex would be pretty sweet. Given your opponent has infiltrating units of course. But the Auspex comes with no extra charge.
    -Eventually you could even give the possibility of DA scout bikers. As opposed to Ravenwing bikers. Scout bikes don't come with the funky homers and whatnot, where the Ravenwing equivalent does come with. What happenend to them anyways?

Of course.. .I could design an own chapter with traits and stuff. But I'd like make use of the combat squads rule. And also... it's for fluff reasons... being able to fieldi a 10th company...

Any suggestions? Do I even make a point here? And my idea on the character itself... would it be viable?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It makes no sense that scouts are elite anyway. These are new recriuts with less training than a normal marine, and they get to be elite, how foolish.

But your idea is pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Supposedly when they say "elite" they're now referring to the availability of the unit rather than its actual experience. So those two-thousand-year-old Dreadnoughts and super-trained one-man-army Terminators are lumped in with the carapace-armoured, still-in-their-twenties new recruits who can't even melt steel with their saliva yet.

It's perfectly viable, but if you ask me it'd be more efficient to play traited Marines with all-scouts. If GW continues the changes (which it looks like they will) soon the 10th Company army will be no longer legal. Which really sucks, because you can still apparently make a 1st company army (Deathwing) and a 2nd company army (Ravenwing) but there just ain't enough scouts to make a 10th company army.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread