New Rogue Psyker Rules - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

New Rogue Psyker Rules

Hey Dudes,
    I think that the current rogue psyker rules are complete rubbish. I like the adversarie and ally rules but the stats for the psyker need alot of work. What I am asking is that we make some new rules. here I have some stats from Epsilon upto Alpha Plus(i know)

Class Ws BS S T W I A Ld Sv Points
    Epsilon 2 2 3 3 1 2 1 7 - 50
    Delta 2 3 3 3 1 3 1 7 - 65
    Gamma 3 3 3 3 2 3 1 8 6+ 85
    Beta 3 3 3 3 2 4 2 8 6+ 105
    Alpha 4 4 3 4 3 4 2 9 5+ 130
    Alpha Plus 4 4 4 4 3 4 3 10 5+ 170

now all the saves are invulnerable, and they are equipt with force weapons. I think they should have some passive abilities like telepathy and telekinesis so the can move other units and objects and such. They should have the options of being like a combat beast, shooter or army booster. With maybe some other sub-types thrown in there.

Lets see some of your ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements

Cork, Ireland
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

Alpha class Psyker
    1 Alpha class Psyker may be taken as a HQ choice. He costs 280 points
    3 3 3 3 2 3 1 10 3+ Inv

Weapons: His Mind
    Special Rules:
    Psyker: Is affected by all Psyker related wargear and rules.

Puppet Master: The Mind of an Alpha Level psyker is powerful enough to manipiulate the minds of lesser beings. All friendly units within 12" are immune to morale. All enemy units within 12" must pass a Ld test at the start of every turn or they can do nothing as they fight for control of their bodies.

Warp Sight: The Psykers eyes are forgotten relics. He sees everything through the warp. As a result he can draw LOS through terrain as if it was clear. (He can see through walls/hills etc) and ignores the effects of cover. The only problem is that he cannot see psychic blanks and pariahs at all. Any unit that has the pariah or similar special rules (eg Inquisitor with Null Rod) cannot be targeted by the Psyker or any unit under his direct control.

Warp Shield: An invisible force field of energy surrounds the Psyker. His save is invulnerable.

Psychic Powers: The Psyker can use one of his powers in each of the main phases. Ie One in the movement, one in shooting and one in assault phase.

Teleport: The psyker and any unit is is leading can disappear and reappear anywhere on the battlefield. In the movement Phase The Psyker, and/or the unit he is leading (He doesn't have to go with them) are removed from the field and reenter using deep strike rules. All the rules for deep striking apply as normal, except it can be done even if the mission doesnt allow deep strike.

Storm: The psyker creates a storm over the battle field. At the start of the shooting phase all enemy units, including transports and vehicles are hit by D3 S5 Hits as lightning strikes them. Units in close combat are also hit, but friendly units in that combat are also hit. Toll a D3 for them seperatly. This attack can hit units that are immune to psychic powers.

Puppet Strings: At the start of the Movement Phase The psyker can target one enemy unit with 24". This unit halfs it Ld (rounding up) and takes a Ld Test. If it fails then the Psyker controls them until the end of the assault phase as if they were one of his units. If an IC is targeted, using normal rules for targetting an IC, the Ld is not halfed. This represents the improved will power of these individuals.

Augment: At the start of shooting phase a single unit within 18" of the psyker can be the target of this rule. All members of the unit count as having plasma guns for the remainder of the shooting phase. Note that as plasma guns are rapid fire, a unit that fires them cannot charge. Units firing while under this power are subject to the gets hot! rule. If the unit does not fire and charges instead it counts as having rending and an extra attack in the combat phase instead.

Summon: At the start of the assault phase the Psker can summon 2D6 Daemons to his aid. These form a unit with the psyker and if he leaves the unit they will disappear. The daemons test for instabilty at the end of every turn. Any new daemons summoned in later turns will join the unit, rather than replace it. Daemons have the following stats.
    3 0 4 3 1 4 2 10 5+
    Daemons are affected by all daemon based rules.
    Their save is invulnerable

Sanctuary: At the start of the assault phase the psker unleashes a powerful wave of energy in all directions. Any models with 6" must roll under their Strength or be pushed directly away from the psyker until they are no longer in range. Any model that passes takes a Strenght 8 hit. Saves are allowed as normal.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

+ Reply to Thread