GamesDay Koln (Gurzenich) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

GamesDay Koln (Gurzenich)

Cruised up to GD Koln this weekend. They were having it in an old castle/turned conference hall called Gurzenich.

Naturally they had the Apocalypse preview table, at first I thought the Baneblade was just a leman russ until I noticed it was surrounded by Land Raiders. The Ridiculous apoc templates were pretty impressive (I think they actually are the size of a pie )

They had a few new releases laying around, really liked the new Ogryns (maybe somebody will use them now) and the chaos minis. I got no Idea what the hell the Nurgle Baneblade is doing, but it seemed like a conversion and looked hella cool. I'm also pretty curious about the land raider with 5x Twin-Linked Lascannons

They had some pretty nice Golden Deamon Minis, but this had to be my Favorite, I mean that's just cool

Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Kool looks like a very nice event, love that SM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Just got back from that same event.

It was nice... albeit a bit crowdy. I mean, 2 hours for Forgeworld stuff... just to take good look at the models... meh. But as I was in line anyway, I picked up my reservation at the counter instead of the reservation pickup point.

Indeed, those apocalypse templates are rediculous. I mean, if a template can easily cover an entire squad of models...

Didn't really see much of the Apocalypse rules in action though. Bit of a shame. I did however look through a copy of the Apoc. rulesbook. Rules for the Baneblade and the Hellhammer variant both costed double the amount a normal Land raider costs. Oh, and there is even a model in the rules that costs 5 times the amount of that same baneblade...

I read some rules for the SM council (don't know if it's posted yet) but basically they give a different sort of stratagem each. So one gives a bombardment and then other one something else etc.

Pic of the council

And of course, there's the new Landraider Terminus Ultra w/ 5 Lascannons (3 TL ones and 2 single ones) costing the same as 20 standard marines.

Pic of the new raider

As a Forgeworld preview there's a Deathcorps quartermaster coming along w/ 3 servitors.

Heh.. didn't even see that SM painitng up a mini. Pretty cool indeed. Where was it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Got back from it as well.

The templates are insane, during the demo game the baneblade destroyed 2 chaos landraiders with a single shot from it's main cannon.
    Models were taking of the table in dozens when those big pies flew around.

Got also a sneakpeak into the apocalpyse codex, damn do warengine become scray.
    Those of you with a warhound titan from FW will be pleased, all of it's weapon got a boost in range or damage potential and some got both.

There's also rules for the warlord titan and it's stats are scary.
    With that thing on the field you'll be running to get within it's minium range of 24" to not get blown to hell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

*please remove this reply*
    Last edited by Dreachon; August 5th, 2007 at 19:23.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    479 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    Heh.. didn't even see that SM painitng up a mini. Pretty cool indeed. Where was it?
    It was in one of the Open Competition cases with the giant Servo Skull and Shotgun.
    Blais's Paint Studio-Getting broken armies good soft scores since 2009

+ Reply to Thread