High Elf Rumours from Asur.org - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

High Elf Rumours from Asur.org

This was posted on Asur.org. I have edited this a little for the sake of clarity. I however doubt the varacity of some of these rumours to be honest. But we shall have to wait and see.

- ASF for elves (not for eagles/dragons/horses)
    - HE rerolls psychology tests while fighting with DE
    - Honours not spoted
    - no Intrigue
    - Seer is from an item
    - no Channeler
    - 3 kinds of dragons - each has 6T.. stats on 5, 6 and 7; breath weapon S2, S3 and S4 (points about 250, 300 and 370)
    - every dragon takes a slot
    - Commander cannot fly on a dragon
    - Worrior mage - 350 pts - always has a little dragon (Sun Dragon) - so he takes 2 heroes slots - 2lvl... has +1PD to every spell, only lore of fire (can always take a sword), doesn;t have +1 to dispel, A2 WS4 2W 3S and of course 3T... 50pts for magic items
    - Prince costs 150 pts
    - no 0-1s
    - special characters lords - Tyrion, Teclis, Alith Anar, Eltharion (not Grim, not Swordmaster, you could buy him a Griffon as a mount)

- Core:
    -> Archers - 11pts, don't shoot from 2 rows
    -> Spearman - 9 pts (cheap command- 5,10,10) - from 3 rows
    -> Lothern Sea Guard - 12 pkt (13 with shield)
    - Special:
    -> Ellyrians 17pts - 21 with all upgrades
    -> Swordmaster - 15 pts, 2A, can take them 5+
    -> Phoenix Guards - 15 pts, fear, ward 4+, can take them 5+
    -> White Lions - 15 pts, stubborn, HA, woodsmen, lion pelt, can take them 5+ , no skirmish
    -> Chariots: Tiranoc - same, Lion - M8, T4, 6A with S5 + impacts, 140 pts
    -> Dragon Princes - 30 pts - 2A, no better barding, more expensive command (20,20,10)
    -> Silver Helms H - 21 pts (with save 3+) no magic banner
    -> Shadow Warriors - 16 pts, WS 5, hate on everything
    Rare:
    -> Great Eagle,
    -> Reapeter Bolt Thrower
    (one for a slot)

Table
    <2000> +3 to cast for everyone
    First 5+ -> ward 5+ for an unit within 18''
    Third 8+ -> stubborn for an within 12''
    the rest stays the same

Magic items
    - cost of common as now
    - banners - almost the same (new MR(2) for 25 pts)
    - bounds - Fury 40 pts - unlimited use, Corin 25pts - one use only
    - Null Stone - 100 pts
    - Ward 4+ - 45pts
    - few new
    -> Imrik's Lance for every lord - +3S while charging, no armour save (60 pts or less)
    -> Vortex- 75 pts one use only - enemy doesn't have his magic phase
    -> reroll every good roll on an Anvil, -1 to misfire table
    -> +1 to starting (and something else) - 25 pkt
    -> 2+ armour save for 25 pts
    -> +2 to cast a spell from lore of fire
    -> sword +2S, KB - 40pts
    -> no Guardian Phoenix, but there is an item with 6+ save and 5+ ward

are confirmed rumours
    for sure
    there was Phill Kelly in Poland with new AB

JvK

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Hmm, that's a long list alright but I'm not too sure about those rumours. For one thing it doesn't mention Korhil or Caradryan as Special characters and we've already seen the models! But, as always we won't know until the army book is out so we'll have to wait and see.

Good find
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

haha. i hate to play the pessimist, but i realyl hope this stuff isn't true. I think GW is pushing this book for the TINY high-elf player base to go and buy new models for their "brilliantly themed provincial armies". You can already tell that just from the fact that they got rid of all the 0-1s and made White Lions pulling chariots that originally belonged to the best horsemen culture of the island. Here's my opinion on the rest:

- ASF for elves (not for eagles/dragons/horses)
    - HE rerolls psychology tests while fighting with DE
    - 3 kinds of dragons - each has 6T.. stats on 5, 6 and 7; breath weapon S2, S3 and S4 (points about 250, 300 and 370)
    - every dragon takes a slot
    - no Intrigue
    all very cool. i like this stuff- gonna go buy some new dragons.

- Warrior mage - 350 pts - always has a little dragon (Sun Dragon) - so he takes 2 heroes slots - 2lvl... has +1PD to every spell, only lore of fire (can always take a sword), doesn;t have +1 to dispel, A2 WS4 2W 3S and of course 3T... 50pts for magic items
    - reroll every good roll on an Anvil, -1 to misfire table
    gimmicky stuff, that's gonna be ridiculous in practice. whoo-hoo...

-> Archers - 11pts, don't shoot from 2 rows
    -> Spearman - 9 pts (cheap command- 5,10,10) - from 3 rows
    -> Lothern Sea Guard - 12 pkt (13 with shield)

something is wrong with those points values. 11pt archers are still gonna be too expensive unless they get some cool rule. 9pt spears are actually beleivable, but the 12pt seagaurd are really weird, and will likely become strangely unfair, or another newbie-blunder.

Finally- our magic is gonna kill stuff. If we get that +3 (which i doubt) it's gonna be amazing. They nerfed our options though, so for fairness's sake, i'd rather just get Seer Channeler combo back, and lose the +3.
    My cav are screaming at you. I lose my 2+ save on Silvers? and the barding on the DPs is down to M8 now?
    And infantry lose their 2 for 1 RBTs, so our shooting is now just as useless as everyone elses. We have NO ranged warmachines except for 6 handgunners with 30in' range. And it's a freakin' RARE choice?!

looks like i'm gonna just have to make a 'brilliantly themed army' from Hoeth. ...sure
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Spearman - 9 pts (cheap command- 5,10,10) - from 3 rows
    Well this is easily overshadowed by some of the other new things, but it is very, very good. Now HE will have a cheap but effective large infantry block.
    For only 1 point more than DE spearmen with Shields, HE's will get the same + an extra row of attacks & always strike first (and access to magic banner!). That is a huge plus for HE.

Personally, if I was going to make a new HE list, and the above is true- I would run 3 blocks of 24 Spearmen with Standard and musician. 18 AsF attacks for a very good cost.

Even if HE cavalry is being weakened a bit, they will still be more effective due to the improved ability to field good 'bog' units (spearmen) to hold eneimes still for the Cav's flank attacks.

Cheers
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, interesting

ive always fancied the idea of a warrior mage for he, it just seemed to fit, but it seems to me hell be a lord. even if the tiny dragon he rides is only S5 and 5A with a S2 breath template, thats way to good for a hero choice. i think your right that pheonex gaurd are going to special, that makes alot of sense, and possible a bigger vamp up than what you said, but whit lions, i think they will give them a little stat upgrade (+1A)? and keep them rare, those bastards are S6, very impressive for elves, i think they should remain rare, also.

As for the archers, sea gaurd and spearmen, that makes a hell of a lota sense. The spearmen are far too expensive in the current codex, same with sea gaurd and archers. also. the spearmen is the main thing to focus on, by allowing you to field a 20 man unit with full comand for just 205 pts, you can ammass solid blocks of kick ass infantry. the high elf infantry are supposted to make up the majority of the army, realistically( or historically if you can call it that) high elves focus on the superior fighting skill and discipline of their basic infantry to win the day. yes they are jacked brutes like choas, but their skill of their basic warriors is supposted to count on, yes, they cant take down choas warriors, but they can cause massive causalties to empire state troops, skaven, or dark elf warriors. also, i think i got an different copy, but im pretty sure HE archers never shot in two ranks ( please clarify) but they are just as expensive as WE glage gaurd, which have a fabulous array of specail rules that make them insane, so i think that HE archers will go down in price, but will shoot in two ranks, only makes sense, as they are so disciplined.

but if you just skimmed that paragraph, all im trying to say is that i have no idae that these rumors are true, but that lowering the price of core units fills in a huge downfall of the HE army at the moment.also, i really doubt that Sword masters will have 2A, but if they do i think theylle strike last, which makes no sense, but if they stay the same with 2A, they will most surely be 0-1, ( since you said no 0-1, i think maybe 0-1 per lord or prince +1 always allowed, but i have no idea).

I also think that the concept of multiple types of dragons make sense, HE are the best at controlling dragons ( or at least getting them to wake up), As for pheonix gaurd, and swordmasters, i am skeptical that these rumors are true, could have been one of GWs ideas that leaked, but i really am doubtfull about swordmasters, the pheonix gaurd kinduf make sense, especially if they give them a bodygaurd rule, like eternal gaurd.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

If half of these rumours are true, I'm switching to 40K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Dawn View Post
    i think your right that pheonex gaurd are going to special, that makes alot of sense, and possible a bigger vamp up than what you said, but whit lions, i think they will give them a little stat upgrade (+1A)? and keep them rare, those bastards are S6, very impressive for elves, i think they should remain rare, also.
    I would be really dissappointed to see Phoenix Guard move to special. To me, the silent, mystical guardians of the Shrine of Asuryan who know the fate of every Phoenix King who has lived and who will live in the future just need to be rare. I'm not saying that it would be a good choice gameplay wise (I'm not sure whether it would or not), but background wise. There's no way I can see Phoenix guard being more common than White Lions like you suggested.

I would move White Lions to special, but not Phoenix Guard. I would also consider where Bolt Throwers should be. It seems a bit wrong that the High Elves' only artillery piece should be so rare. I imagine they would have quite a lot of them.
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

It seems a bit wrong that the High Elves' only artillery piece should be so rare. I imagine they would have quite a lot of them.
    You are right. However if they moved to special, theyd have to lose the '2 for 1 slot', otherwise people could field 6 in less than 2k...

Cheers
    W L D
    21 5 5

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Manu_Forti View Post
    You are right. However if they moved to special, theyd have to lose the '2 for 1 slot', otherwise people could field 6 in less than 2k...

Cheers
    Err I hate to break this to you but RBT are losing the 2 for 1 slot anyway, despite the fact that they are still rare. (And as a Hordes/Beasts of Chaos player this is a really good thing for me. :party
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

117 (x6)

Heh, well thats news to me. Atleast DE will keep the 2 for 1 for a while yet ^^
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast